Contribute
Register

(Success) i7 8700K GA-z370 Aorus Gaming 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should i just update my MPB and that would solve this issue?

Hey I am back!

Just explain what is not working in your customac.

It should be working with my EFI.

Sorry I cant use Convo again..this site moderators made me suspended for a week since I used convo session with you.

Hey I am back!

Just explain what is not working in your customac.

It should be working with my EFI.

Sorry I cant use Convo again..this site moderators made me suspended for a week since I used convo session with you.

lol all good my man... got everything working.

Wow... Thanks for all the great work.

Has anyone tried Firmware Version F5m on Z370 Aorus Gaming 7?

Some of the settings seem different and I'd love to know what settings are working best. I'm currently amidst re-installing so I can't provide feedback as of yet. My initial install was worked generally, but I had too many idiosyncrasies to make it worthy of sharing, hence the reload.

Hi jacknva,

I'm just starting my build with F5m and would love to hear any feedback you have as you go along.

Thanks!
Lam

Hi jacknva,

I'm just starting my build with F5m and would love to hear any feedback you have as you go along.

Thanks!
Lam

I fiddled around a bit more. Can confirm F5M with 10.13.3 works well. It's still pretty hacked, but my initial Geekbench came in @ 5889 / 26597. Given that was @ 3.7ghz no OCing (yet) and with the most ugly config.plist I've ever "Hacked" apart/together... (geez... can't believe it booted).

I'm running APFS (I know.. I know) but all seems well. I know the GTX-1060 is a laggard, particularly the 3GB model I have---don't buy it. I want that 1080ti. 32GB HyperFury (2x16gb Kingston 2666) with a Samsung 960 Pro m.2.

I do believe with a proper config/kexts... there is another 10-15 percent gain (min) before optimization then OC.

Blessings.

quick benchmark.png

Great news jacknva. Thank you for the update and congrats on the numbers! Can't wait to see the OC data :)

Would you be ok posting your EFI directory and config for us?

Thanks again!
Lam

I just completed a build following buyjoey's guide and it worked perfectly first time, no adjustments needed. I just needed to use his updated EFI for a 10.13.3 install as mentioned earlier in this thread instead of the one provided in the guide. Geekbench score looks to be in the right area. No overclocking at present.

The system is for colour grading so I'm using DaVinci Resolve extensively. CUDA performance is amazing so far, OpenCL is problematic in Resolve but that's a recognised bug caused by Apple and Blackmagic. OpenCL benchmarks are great outside of Resolve. I don't use onboard audio as I have a Blackmagic output card.

Thanks to everyone in this thread, I've never had a build go so smoothly!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 11.01.47.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 11.01.47.png
    185 KB · Views: 231
Has anyone had USB 3.0 issues with this build? I can't seem to get anything better than USB 2.0 speeds and they don't provide any power whatsoever. To use a hard drive I have to supply additional power from the working USB 3.1 port.

USB 3.1 supplies power and provides USB 3.0 speeds, which is fine for now as I don't think anyone has got this working any faster, I just don't know why all USB 3.0 ports are barely functioning. I used an EFI folder from @buyjoey initially and haven't really modified anything since.

Has anyone had USB 3.0 issues with this build? I can't seem to get anything better than USB 2.0 speeds and they don't provide any power whatsoever. To use a hard drive I have to supply additional power from the working USB 3.1 port.

USB 3.1 supplies power and provides USB 3.0 speeds, which is fine for now as I don't think anyone has got this working any faster, I just don't know why all USB 3.0 ports are barely functioning. I used an EFI folder from @buyjoey initially and haven't really modified anything since.

Hey,

Thanks for letting me know this issue,,

In my system is iMacpro's HS now in 10.13.4 Beta5, So it is quite a different system.

Sorry I could not test in SMBIOS 18,3 @10.13.3

I thought it was working very well cuz I did not have any problems at all.

As well as, my system currently is all good too. I do not use any kexts related USB except cosmetic fix for 300chipset. No Lilu, No appleALC, no graphics fix up. For using chipset's Audio, you need Lilu and appleALC. But I am not using it anymore. So I do not need it. I got a USB DAC which is working good in MAC (the audio issue in custoMac is always stressful :()

No DSDT, SSDT for using this machine, all is well working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back