Contribute
Register

(Success) i7 8700K GA-z370 Aorus Gaming 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, as promised you can find below mu EFI folder for a 100% working configuration.

Audio, Internal Intel VGA ( Rename config-IGP.plist to config.plist ) or Nvidia ( Rename config-NVDIA.plist to config.plist ) the default config.plst will activate NVIDIA.

You just have to modifiy the Board-ID and generate a new serial number in SMBIOS section. please use Clover Configurator (or PLIST Editor ) to do thus.

Enjoy !

Yassinex - Thank you for the EFI

Could you & mm2margart, DJbeppe and/or Bumbuy please share your systems hardware configurations (as I have no idea what the specific configuration BuyJoey used as the initial configuration that initiated this thread.

I am wanting to build a Hackintosh with Coffee Lake and GTX 1080 ti so that on the PC side I can use to drive my wife’s Ocuclus Rift VR hardware.

Any newbe tips that can be provided (including recommendations for WiFi & BlueTooth and & Thunderbolt 3 Mac OS High Sierra Optional Mac-PC compatibility is much appreciated.

I seem to recall reading in one source that ASUS motherboard are better than GigaByte mother boards for most trouble free / simplistic Hackintosh use, yet other sources seem to convey the opposite.

Also I’ve read that getting a Hackintosh configuration with two Thunderbolt 3 ports can be tricky - any comments on that are also much appreciated!

Thank you all!

Yassinex - Thank you for the EFI

Could you & mm2margart, DJbeppe and/or Bumbuy please share your systems hardware configurations (as I have no idea what the specific configuration BuyJoey used as the initial configuration that initiated this thread.

I am wanting to build a Hackintosh with Coffee Lake and GTX 1080 ti so that on the PC side I can use to drive my wife’s Ocuclus Rift VR hardware.

Any newbe tips that can be provided (including recommendations for WiFi & BlueTooth and & Thunderbolt 3 Mac OS High Sierra Optional Mac-PC compatibility is much appreciated.

I seem to recall reading in one source that ASUS motherboard are better than GigaByte mother boards for most trouble free / simplistic Hackintosh use, yet other sources seem to convey the opposite.

Also I’ve read that getting a Hackintosh configuration with two Thunderbolt 3 ports can be tricky - any comments on that are also much appreciated!

Thank you all!

You have to figure this out for yourself.....here are three build guides that all have EFI files that you can modify for your needs.....and they detail hardware configurations and bios settings, and how to move forward step by step. Read and study.....

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-8700k-z370-aorus-gaming-5-geforce-gtx-1080-ti.235983/

Here's another successful Gigabyte Z370-HD3 install which is close: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cs-630-macos-high-sierra.239402/#post-1643135

And this guy had success with a Gigabyte Z370 Ultra Gaming (again close but not an exact match): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rus-ug-16gb-ram-2x-ssd-zotac-gtx-1080.235987/

Your SMBIOS shows iMac 17,1, your Geekbench score shows iMac 18,3. Which one works better?

Hi, Everyone!

I just came back here again!

Here is a link to this system guide which has EFI attached.

Hope you get help!

Sorry for late response.

Hi, Everyone!

I just came back here again!

Here is a link to this system guide which has EFI attached.

Hope you get help!

Sorry for late response.
buyjoey! Thank you for your support and that Awesome guide you have made! I am fumbling through my very first Hack and have a fairly similar setup as yours but I have the Gaming 5 version of the MB. I first tried the walk through here on TMX86 and I would get to the apple instal logo and it would stop midway through the progress bar. I then reformatted the USB and tried your guide and get a much more attractive splash screen lol but as soon as I click instal I get a black screen with circle that has a line through it for a couple minutes and then the machine just shuts off... I already have windows installed on the machine but on its own SSD and have a new Crucial M.2 ssd waiting for HighSierra. I copied all of your bios settings since we have a very similar MB. Not sure what I am missing here, any help would be really awesome and Ill apologize for any noobishness on my part... I hate Windows and just want this thing running OS lol.

Thank you in advance! Cheers.

Full rig details
Aorus Gaming 5
GTX 1080
Tridentz RGB 32g
Crucial MX300 525g Sata 2.5 SSD (Windows)
Crucial MX300 525g M.2 SSD (Mac)

@Chegelheimer, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

buyjoey! Thank you for your support and that Awesome guide you have made! I am fumbling through my very first Hack and have a fairly similar setup as yours but I have the Gaming 5 version of the MB. I first tried the walk through here on TMX86 and I would get to the apple instal logo and it would stop midway through the progress bar. I then reformatted the USB and tried your guide and get a much more attractive splash screen lol but as soon as I click instal I get a black screen with circle that has a line through it for a couple minutes and then the machine just shuts off... I already have windows installed on the machine but on its own SSD and have a new Crucial M.2 ssd waiting for HighSierra. I copied all of your bios settings since we have a very similar MB. Not sure what I am missing here, any help would be really awesome and Ill apologize for any noobishness on my part... I hate Windows and just want this thing running OS lol.

Thank you in advance! Cheers.

Full rig details
Aorus Gaming 5
GTX 1080
Tridentz RGB 32g
Crucial MX300 525g Sata 2.5 SSD (Windows)
Crucial MX300 525g M.2 SSD (Mac)

hey Chegel!

First, you should put your RIG in your profile so everyone can see your system hardware that makes easy to help.

And if you have my [Updated]EFI and followed the guide exactly, it should be working w/o problem.

The only reason, you have black screen is the graphics card. So I am using AMD but yours Nvidia.

Please disable the Intel graphics in Bios then try it again. You can enable it after installation is done.

Yeah, for the specified help use my blog.

Thank you!

Last edited:
hey Chegel!

First, you should put your RIG in your profile so everyone can see your system hardware that makes easy to help.

And if you have my [Updated]EFI and followed the guide exactly, it should be working w/o problem.

The only reason, you have black screen is the graphics card. So I am using AMD but yours Nvidia.

Please disable the Intel graphics in Bios then try it again. You can enable it after installation is done.

Yeah, for the specified help use my blog.

Thank you!

I am using onboard graphics now, used the EFI link in your blog, mounted the instal usb and dropped the EFI onto the drive. Instal gets 3/4 through then just restarts and will try and instal again unless I stop it... only thing in MB that I could not find is the OS option... maybe that is the last problem I am having? Other than that I have followed every guide regarding creating the boot drive and bios settings to T. Where in the Bios is the OS option?

Thank you again!
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back