Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 High Sierra 10.13 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just updated to the latest security update 10.13.4 (17E202), it works .

sip is enabled, do I have to disable it ?

Always good to partially disable it, when you install multibeast it does it automatically. If you did that its partially disabled even if it says enabled

Here is what I have in the terminal :

System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:

Apple Internal: disabled

Kext Signing: disabled

Filesystem Protections: disabled

Debugging Restrictions: enabled

DTrace Restrictions: enabled

NVRAM Protections: enabled

BaseSystem Verification: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

I guess it's ok !

I am using this guide. I am unable to get the installer to boot.

It is a ga-x99-gaming g1 wifi with an i7-5960X and a NVDA GTX 750TI with an SSD. I have nothing connected but keyboard mouse and monitor via hdmi. I get to [PCI Configuration begin] and it does [PCI configuration end, bridges 6, devices 16] -- with some settings I can get devices to 18. Then it says [PCI Configuration begin] (a second time) and thats when it reboots or kernel panic.

Any help appreciated, this is my first build.

I am using this guide. I am unable to get the installer to boot.

It is a ga-x99-gaming g1 wifi with an i7-5960X and a NVDA GTX 750TI with an SSD. I have nothing connected but keyboard mouse and monitor via hdmi. I get to [PCI Configuration begin] and it does [PCI configuration end, bridges 6, devices 16] -- with some settings I can get devices to 18. Then it says [PCI Configuration begin] (a second time) and thats when it reboots or kernel panic.

Any help appreciated, this is my first build.

Sorry to hear that. It should boot. Try posting a new topic on the forums maybe someone else can help. I am not sure why it is doing that.

He won't let me update, I'm stuck on [PCI Configuration begin]

Try posting a new topic on the forums maybe someone else can help. I am not sure why it is doing that.

Sorry to hear that. It should boot. Try posting a new topic on the forums maybe someone else can help. I am not sure why it is doing that.

Try posting a new topic on the forums maybe someone else can help. I am not sure why it is doing that.

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I followed the "Perfect Customac" guide and was able to get it to work after I deleted the .IAPhysical* directory on the install partition. I had given up on it when I couldn't figure out how to get the install to boot...

I am having a few issues that I'm still searching out. Movies from iTunes do not play. Also, the default start is the "update" partition on my SSD and that ends in a horrible crash, which means every time my computer auto updates I come back to it and look at that crash screen. I tried to jiggle clover to make the other drive the default but I cannot determine how to do this really... How do you set the default boot disk?

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I followed the "Perfect Customac" guide and was able to get it to work after I deleted the .IAPhysical* directory on the install partition. I had given up on it when I couldn't figure out how to get the install to boot...

I am having a few issues that I'm still searching out. Movies from iTunes do not play. Also, the default start is the "update" partition on my SSD and that ends in a horrible crash, which means every time my computer auto updates I come back to it and look at that crash screen. I tried to jiggle clover to make the other drive the default but I cannot determine how to do this really... How do you set the default boot disk?

For itunes movies you will need Shiki.kext (they work for me so I don't need it) but this kext is specifically for stuff like that.

kext is mentioned at bottom of this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-update-simple-way-to-install-nvidia-web-drivers.244987/

get the newest release version from the github. then under "custom flags" in clover boot menu add "shikigva=12" (without quotes) after that it should work for itunes

To hide the wrong partitions use clover configurator. Download it from link in my guide and mount your EFI partition from your mac install. Then open your config.plist file with clover configurator and go to the "GUI" section on the left. Under "Hide Volume" section add "Preboot" (without quotes) also can add "Recovery" (to hide that partition too). Also uncheck the legacy box to hide any other hard drives that dont have bootable partitions.

For itunes movies you will need Shiki.kext (they work for me so I don't need it) but this kext is specifically for stuff like that.

kext is mentioned at bottom of this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-update-simple-way-to-install-nvidia-web-drivers.244987/

get the newest release version from the github. then under "custom flags" in clover boot menu add "shikigva=12" (without quotes) after that it should work for itunes

To hide the wrong partitions use clover configurator. Download it from link in my guide and mount your EFI partition from your mac install. Then open your config.plist file with clover configurator and go to the "GUI" section on the left. Under "Hide Volume" section add "Preboot" (without quotes) also can add "Recovery" (to hide that partition too). Also uncheck the legacy box to hide any other hard drives that dont have bootable partitions.

Thank you for your help.
shikigva=12 did get me further along. I am now able to open the movie from iTunes, but the video still doesn't play. The movie will come up, but when I hit play it just sits. I have also noticed some sounds in the games I am programming are not playing. I am wondering if they are related.

All audio also stopped working with this option.

Thank you for your help.
shikigva=12 did get me further along. I am now able to open the movie from iTunes, but the video still doesn't play. The movie will come up, but when I hit play it just sits. I have also noticed some sounds in the games I am programming are not playing. I am wondering if they are related.

All audio also stopped working with this option.

Try installing nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext also in post link that i sent you for shiki kext. Even try installing lilu kext

:( I have both of these. For the audio I was using AppleALC.kext and Lilu and the CodecCommander.kext. Later, I was trying to do the ssdt.aml fix with the script also before I noticed sound was missing as well as the shake (which was sadly already present in the directory so I may have installed over the working one). It is the x99-gaming g1 wifi and it has the creative sound core 3d chips. I have the switcher installed and prior to it failing to work, I was switching to headphone in order to hear sound... I do not have speakers right now so as long as headphone works I am happy.

The other thing that was problematic was I was not getting sound when I updated the Lilu kext. My lilu is 1.2.1 (November 11) and when I updated the Lilu, the sound stopped working and I put it back. Maybe the shiki version is not compatible with the lilu version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back