Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 High Sierra 10.13 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Malki for your help !

But for now I've spent too much time to try to enable usb3.0 :/
So I "cheated" and bought on amazon KTU3FR-4P from Inateck. It's natively recognised on 10.13.4 and it's cheap.
Usb3 works now :)
There 's only one bus for the 4 ports but it's ok for me. There's better pci express cards but more expensive !

But I will try to update bios later when I have time. I've tested the new patch but didn't work :(

EDIT*
Got USB to work with the patch! But I seem to have lost my Ethernet... Anyone got any recommendations?

Hi MuhammedHamed, I have a similar mobo as you and also the 5820K.
I was wondering how you went with USB3? I installed all the kexts and its working on certain ports on the back but the front two USB3s on My Fractal aren't. The USB2s on the front are though.

Cheers

Glad it's working! try to reinstall ethernet from multibeast?

Thank you Malki for your help !

But for now I've spent too much time to try to enable usb3.0 :/
So I "cheated" and bought on amazon KTU3FR-4P from Inateck. It's natively recognised on 10.13.4 and it's cheap.
Usb3 works now :)
There 's only one bus for the 4 ports but it's ok for me. There's better pci express cards but more expensive !

But I will try to update bios later when I have time. I've tested the new patch but didn't work :(

try downloading this guys clover folder it looks like he has usb 3.0 working in 10.13.4

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...high-sierra-10-13-on-x99-full-success.227001/

Thanks Malki,
I did try that guide originally but didn't have much luck with it. But I did with yours. Maybe I'll give it another go. Yeah I did try installing the ethernet again. Tried a few things today but it would totally screw up the whole thing.

sorry to hear about all that! looks like I'll be staying at 10.13.1 for a while then. 10.13.1 has been good for me and is the first time where I felt like locking in my install for x99 and not upgrading.

Hopefully any problems your having get fixed with the next macos update. in the meantime you can buy ethernet card or some type of usb ethernet adapter

try downloading this guys clover folder it looks like he has usb 3.0 working in 10.13.4

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...high-sierra-10-13-on-x99-full-success.227001/

Thanks for the tip!
I tried his method but it didn’t work. I didn’t try the alternative way or creating custom kext.

Also I connected my nvme ssd in a pci express connector with an adaptater instead of directly in the motherboard and it’s 3x to 4x faster !
In any case mac os see it as a external disk but it’s just cosmetic.

Thanks for the tip!
I tried his method but it didn’t work. I didn’t try the alternative way or creating custom kext.

Also I connected my nvme ssd in a pci express connector with an adaptater instead of directly in the motherboard and it’s 3x to 4x faster !
In any case mac os see it as a external disk but it’s just cosmetic.

Nice! Do you notice a difference day to day vs running macos from a standard ssd? Im still on a sata 3 ssd.

Nice! Do you notice a difference day to day vs running macos from a standard ssd? Im still on a sata 3 ssd.

Day to day I don’t see any difference at all.
But I think final cut is a little bit faster, that s all.
If I had knew, i wouldn’t have bought nvme

Day to day I don’t see any difference at all.
But I think final cut is a little bit faster, that s all.
If I had knew, i wouldn’t have bought nvme

thanks for the info. thats too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back