Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 High Sierra 10.13 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been covered, but is it possible to just upgrade from Sierra using the App Store? Or is a fresh install needed?

I just installed again high Sierra by following the guide. I have the same motherboard, I just add an nvme disk and and rx580 (19 seconds at the BruceX test by the way).
But I have still the same problem with usb3, the usb3 ports don't work !
I don't know what to do, if someone has an idea...:/

my bios is updated and with default settings
X99 Injector kext is in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.13
fakepciid, fakepciid xhcimux, usbinjectall kexts are in Library/extensions

when I type "kextstat" in the terminal, the x99 usb injector kext doesn't appear, is it normal ?

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 180
  • clover.jpeg
    clover.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 130
@mederock, please add details of your motherboard (Mobo) to your profile (personal details).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

malki, is it possible to upload your config.plist ?
It would be great

config.plist uploaded to 1st post, added to guide.

Guide updated 4.20.2018 (real final version) added optional Mac Pro system definition guide. Also updated screenshots from Clover Configurator.

So I checked everything and I still don't understand...

My config.plist is the same as you (except smbios and graphics)
We have the same mobo ga-x99-ud4 (rev 1,0 bios f23) with bios optimised settings
I followed your install so :
X99_Injector USB 3.kext is in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.13
USBInjectAll.Kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.Kext and FakePCIID.kext are in /library/Extensions

And my usb3 ports are only usb2. I can see it in "about this Mac, system report" and I made speed disk tests too with different usb3 ssd and USB keys.

There I have no idea :/

So I checked everything and I still don't understand...

My config.plist is the same as you (except smbios and graphics)
We have the same mobo ga-x99-ud4 (rev 1,0 bios f23) with bios optimised settings
I followed your install so :
X99_Injector USB 3.kext is in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.13
USBInjectAll.Kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.Kext and FakePCIID.kext are in /library/Extensions

And my usb3 ports are only usb2. I can see it in "about this Mac, system report" and I made speed disk tests too with different usb3 ssd and USB keys.

There I have no idea :/

Try updating bios to F24b (its a beta bios) thats the one im on

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-X99-UD4-rev-10#support-dl

Last edited:
Thanks so much for taking the time and making this guide
This worked for me with 5820K and MSI X99s Mpower. The exact same files and steps worked for me..
only thing I changed is Disable VT-D in bios to aviod an allocation error that happens randomly on startup
This error never happened when I use dart=0 ,so I googled that and knew it just disables VT-D
But now all works perfectly.

EDIT*
Got USB to work with the patch! But I seem to have lost my Ethernet... Anyone got any recommendations?

Hi MuhammedHamed, I have a similar mobo as you and also the 5820K.
I was wondering how you went with USB3? I installed all the kexts and its working on certain ports on the back but the front two USB3s on My Fractal aren't. The USB2s on the front are though.

Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back