Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 High Sierra 10.13 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the Clover boot menu screen press the spacebar (if memory serves correctly).
Spacebar gives me boot args... I have some other Windows boot drives plugged in and can try unplugging those.

Another possibility is that the update needs to perform a firmware update as part of the process and because your firmware version is stored in your config.plist it appears not to have happened.

There are two ways around this if it is indeed the problem.
1. Update the firmware information in the config.plist.
2. Update Clover and it will present the updated firmware info to the OS.

The second option is fraught with peril for the unwary as the in the newer versions of Clover the folder structure has changed.

There is also the addition of a Quirks section in the config.plist which means that you cannot just take your old config.plist and use it with newer versions of Clover.
Ohhh this makes sense. I think I remember reading 2020-05 had a firmware update component... I definitely would like to avoid updating Clover since after this I don't think I will need to run more system updates after 2020-06 haha... Any tips on which firmware version to change it to? I have my Hackintosh set up as an iMac14,2.

Another possibility is that the update needs to perform a firmware update as part of the process and because your firmware version is stored in your config.plist it appears not to have happened.

There are two ways around this if it is indeed the problem.
1. Update the firmware information in the config.plist.
2. Update Clover and it will present the updated firmware info to the OS.

The second option is fraught with peril for the unwary as the in the newer versions of Clover the folder structure has changed.

There is also the addition of a Quirks section in the config.plist which means that you cannot just take your old config.plist and use it with newer versions of Clover.
Alright, progress. I had "macOS Install" hidden in my Clover config file. Now it shows the partition and it looks like it is updating... fingers crossed. I also read on tonymac's 2020-05 page that the firmware update part of the installer seemed to have "no bad affects".

Just finished. Looks like we win and I have NVIDIA web drivers back! No firmware version changes necessary. Not sure if anything else broke in the process but I can cross that bridge when I get there. Thank you so much @P1LGRIM and @Feartech!!

Just finished. Looks like we win and I have NVIDIA web drivers back! No firmware version changes necessary. Not sure if anything else broke in the process but I can cross that bridge when I get there. Thank you so much @P1LGRIM and @Feartech!!
ahh well done! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back