Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 El Capitan 10.11.2 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say thank you, I installed El Capitan successfully on my computer (Asus Sabertooth X99 Mobo and 950Pro).

@leprosys:

It would be much appreciated if you posted your config.plist (minus the Rt Variables, etc). I too have an Asus X99 board and not having much luck with it on El Capitan.

What are loading in 10.11, or other? Can we see it?

Thanks so much, and congrats on your great build!

I Already followed each steps but in my case, it still need to boot using the usb. any help? Already installed clover boot loader as instructed.
My build is the same as this page.

*EDIT* Nevermind. Managed to get it work. Just copy my USB EFI/BOOT and EFI/CLOVER folder to my OSX EFI partition and solved the problem.

@leprosys:

It would be much appreciated if you posted your config.plist (minus the Rt Variables, etc). I too have an Asus X99 board and not having much luck with it on El Capitan.

What are loading in 10.11, or other? Can we see it?

Thanks so much, and congrats on your great build!

Hi mm2margaret,

I attached my config.plist, the only problem is the audio is working only with USB speakers this happen with El Capitan 10.11.4.
I think the Serial Port was the cause of the reboots in the installation so I disabled it in the BIOS and I succeeded with with the installation.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 234
I was this >< close!

Thanks to this guide I got a fresh install of 10.11.4 installed everything was just about working yesterday. The nVidia control panel didn't work but the drivers were doing their job. I went to sleep, when I woke up the machine was off, powered it on and needed to reset the BIOS. Got to clover and saw the system hibernated. Now whenever I try to boot anything OSX related it doesn't work, not my hard drive not my USB stick! Its like the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi just stopped working. The usb stick wasn't even connected to the computer when this happened!

I tried the cancel hibernation wake option in clover from both the SSD and USB with no luck. I cant boot the installer from USB either!

X99-UD4
i7-5930K
48 GB RAM
GTX 980 X2
SSD

I was this >< close!

Thanks to this guide I got a fresh install of 10.11.4 installed everything was just about working yesterday. The nVidia control panel didn't work but the drivers were doing their job. I went to sleep, when I woke up the machine was off, powered it on and needed to reset the BIOS. Got to clover and saw the system hibernated. Now whenever I try to boot anything OSX related it doesn't work, not my hard drive not my USB stick! Its like the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi just stopped working. The usb stick wasn't even connected to the computer when this happened!

I tried the cancel hibernation wake option in clover from both the SSD and USB with no luck. I cant boot the installer from USB either!

X99-UD4
i7-5930K
48 GB RAM
GTX 980 X2
SSD

make a yosemite chimera usb and boot that. then reboot with clover el capitan usb it should work. turn off hibernate after installing. also add test2.efi you need that, also I am not sure 2 gfx cards are supported in clover / el capitan I could be wrong but I may have read that somewhere. Try taking a card out and see if it makes a difference

I just want to say thank you, I installed El Capitan successfully on my computer (Asus Sabertooth X99 Mobo and 950Pro).

good job glad it worked!

I Already followed each steps but in my case, it still need to boot using the usb. any help? Already installed clover boot loader as instructed.
My build is the same as this page.

*EDIT* Nevermind. Managed to get it work. Just copy my USB EFI/BOOT and EFI/CLOVER folder to my OSX EFI partition and solved the problem.

good!

make a yosemite chimera usb and boot that. then reboot with clover el capitan usb it should work. turn off hibernate after installing. also add test2.efi you need that, also I am not sure 2 gfx cards are supported in clover / el capitan I could be wrong but I may have read that somewhere. Try taking a card out and see if it makes a difference

I've got the test2.efi in there. I know Clover doesn't like 2 cards but that usually only makes it take a few trys to get it to boot. Once it's booted it works great. I'll try the Yosemite boot trick. Any idea what it does to make it work?

Luckily I have a OSX VM in windows. I used that to make a Chimera Yosemite USB with unibeast, booted the installer with "npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 cpus=1 -f -x -v" used terminal in the installer to get rid of the sleepimage. Still no luck! I just don't understand why the USB stick I used to do the install no longer works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back