Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 El Capitan 10.11.2 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily I have a OSX VM in windows. I used that to make a Chimera Yosemite USB with unibeast, booted the installer with "npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 cpus=1 -f -x -v" used terminal in the installer to get rid of the sleepimage. Still no luck! I just don't understand why the USB stick I used to do the install no longer works?

after you boot with chimera you should once again be able to boot with clover.

I can confirm audio is working following the guide, I reinstalled and the only thing I changed is the Mac Pro version to 4.1.

Thanks!

Hello Everyone! First off, Malki thanks for all this work. You are awesome. I had a fully functioning 10.10.5 build but wanted to get over to El Cap.

Specs are:
GA-X99-UD4
i7-5930k
32 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 2400Mghz
Nvidia 980GTX

I can 100% get a nice bootable 10.11.4 with graphics and the works. However, I am getting a USB devices have been disabled error constantly. USB still seems to work but its choppy and I can't figure out why this keeps popping up. I also can not use iMessage. Says anyone I try to send a message to is not registered in iMessage, but it is someone I know who uses an iPhone. I have seen in forums that both of these issues can be related to NVRAM problems but am unsure what to do. Have tried the 6,1 profile but would lose graphics. Have taken the advise of jtreminio and am using the 4,1 profile. Anyone have any ideas what this issue could be? Have followed your guide to a T otherwise, didn't change FAKECPUID for my CPU as the value for the 5820k also supports the 5930k. Any help would be much appreciated thank you all so much!

Thanks for original/updated post. Very helpful...

No Problem!

I can confirm audio is working following the guide, I reinstalled and the only thing I changed is the Mac Pro version to 4.1.

Thanks!

Great!

Hello Everyone! First off, Malki thanks for all this work. You are awesome. I had a fully functioning 10.10.5 build but wanted to get over to El Cap.

Specs are:
GA-X99-UD4
i7-5930k
32 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 2400Mghz
Nvidia 980GTX

I can 100% get a nice bootable 10.11.4 with graphics and the works. However, I am getting a USB devices have been disabled error constantly. USB still seems to work but its choppy and I can't figure out why this keeps popping up. I also can not use iMessage. Says anyone I try to send a message to is not registered in iMessage, but it is someone I know who uses an iPhone. I have seen in forums that both of these issues can be related to NVRAM problems but am unsure what to do. Have tried the 6,1 profile but would lose graphics. Have taken the advise of jtreminio and am using the 4,1 profile. Anyone have any ideas what this issue could be? Have followed your guide to a T otherwise, didn't change FAKECPUID for my CPU as the value for the 5820k also supports the 5930k. Any help would be much appreciated thank you all so much!

I wouldn't know maybe try reinstalling. Try getting the most updated kexts from the downloads section of the tonymac site. Other than that it should work I haven't had a problem at all with el capitan.

I did a secure erase on my SSD, reinstalled the same way, install goes super smoothly, and then that message pops up when everything is finished. Machine runs real smoothly but I haven't actually plugged in all the USB devices I have for music production. No one has experienced the USB Devices Disabled error messages? Can anyone confirm if their iMessage is working correctly and perhaps what revision of the X99 UD4 they have (1.0 or 1.1). Thanks again everybody!!!!

I did a secure erase on my SSD, reinstalled the same way, install goes super smoothly, and then that message pops up when everything is finished. Machine runs real smoothly but I haven't actually plugged in all the USB devices I have for music production. No one has experienced the USB Devices Disabled error messages? Can anyone confirm if their iMessage is working correctly and perhaps what revision of the X99 UD4 they have (1.0 or 1.1). Thanks again everybody!!!!

The revision 1.0 or 1.1 should not matter (it is related to Memory modules support) What may be matters is BIOS version. As for USB device disconnected I don't have such problem (but I use only 2 USB devices - external Asus Xonar u7 and a BT stick for my Garmin Band) - when I occasionally plug or unplug USB flash drive I have no problems (but I use some USB kext - check my thread about them - there is a link at the end of first post of this thread)

Thanks Sunman. Tried those but unfortunately did not work. I did figure out what it was though. I have a PCIE USB 2.0 card that I use for one of my synthesizers. Even with nothing plugged into the card however the card would set off those errors. Anyone know of a potential way to enable a previously working PCIE card from Yosemite?

Thanks Sunman. Tried those but unfortunately did not work. I did figure out what it was though. I have a PCIE USB 2.0 card that I use for one of my synthesizers. Even with nothing plugged into the card however the card would set off those errors. Anyone know of a potential way to enable a previously working PCIE card from Yosemite?

it should work no problem. as long as your using test2.efi. maybe there is a hardware related issue?

it should work no problem. as long as your using test2.efi. maybe there is a hardware related issue?

I don't think it is hardware related because this card worked 100% in Yosemite and it actually DOES work in El Capitan, albeit with those Too Much Power drawn OR in Verbose booting I get the Overcurrent detected message with the card plugged in. I just reimaged with my Yosemite drive and it has no issues or errors whatsoever. I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could start an analysis to determine if its to do with El Cap having the crazy new EHCI/XHCI drivers or maybe Test2.EFI needing to be modified. Anywhere I could look to try and figure this out as everything besides iMessage (fixable I am sure) works and wow seriously Malki this is BLAZINGLY fast, excellent job really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back