Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 El Capitan 10.11.2 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Malki
I know that a lot of people are checking your thread and just want to let you know guys that I successful installed 10.11.4 on GA-x99-ud4, 5820k (after a full day fighting with it...) So if you have questions search for the thread. The purpose of my post is not to highjack the thread but more people to be aware that it is possible to use the new 10.11.4 with the x99 MB (and to spread the good news faster)

Yeah I'd like to see how thats working. Thanks for the info. Post your links and I will post a link to your thread in the bottom of my 1st post. Thanks for letting me know!

try adding test2.efi that seemed to solve all my problems with osxaptiofixdrv / aptiofix2drv. Like i said in the guide, booting from the usb stick might work with osxaptiofixdrv but you might need osxaptiofix2drv to actually boot from hard drive. Which is why I said to create multiple usb sticks with different drivers so you don't get stuck. Also try yosemite if all else fails.

Thanks for your answer

I already added test2.efi

The point is that I cant even boot completely with osxaptiofixdrv from the USB as far as its showing the error I showed in the picture

I didnt really understand that part in your post about creating different USB sticks, I have my Macbook pro with me all the time so Im using the same USB stick that I used to install the OSX and modifying the config file with Clover configurator

Thanks

Hi everyone.
I've succesfully updated to 10.11.4. I had to remove some kexts via single user mode like I did when I installed it at first but it works now.

could you elaborate more, how to do it?

could you elaborate more, how to do it?

Sure.

After the updating process, I've booted with single user mode. To do that use -s flag in Clover bootloader options. Along with it I've used npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 flags.

When it says #root it means it waits for your commands. Then I've used these commands to delete the kexts that caused problems:

Code:
[COLOR=#000000][SIZE=2][FONT=tahoma]fsck -fy
mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions/
rm -rf AppleIntelHD*
rm -rf IOBluetooth*
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches
reboot[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I've deleted IOBluetooth kexts as I was getting panics because of it. Your case may be different. You should find what is causing it using -v flag.

Then, I've used npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 -v flags and booted without any issues. When it booted, I've updated the Nvidia drivers but still the screen was going dark after the booting. To solve that I've used the fix #4(method 2 to be exact) from this post:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html#post1016777

I definitely recommend you to follow these steps only if you did a back up of your system. It worked for me but as I've said it may be different for your system. Hope it helps.

Sorry about multiple posts.

Im planing on doing a hackintosh on my x99 build but before I start I wanted to get a better understanding which would be more stable for my setup.

MB- Gigabyte ga-x99-sli
CPU- 5820k
HD- Intel 750 series 800GB SSD
RAM- DDR4 32GB
GPU- Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming

My main concerns are.

1. Should I go with 10.10 or 10.11? Following these two guides below, 10.10 notes that it is a temporary guide where 10.11 dosnt.
Is that an oversight or am I missing something?
[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 El Capitan 10.11.2 [Clover Guide] (100% Working)
[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 Yosemite 10.10.x [Full Temp Guide] (100% Working)

2. Ideally I would like to dual boot from my PCIE NVMe SSD but reading from the guide it looks like I will have to use a second drive for the OSX that will have to be cloned from GUID to MBR to fix the booting issues.
Are there any users that have dual boot on a single NVMe SSD?

3. Hardware compatibility. Planing on changing my motherboard in the future, is the process as simple as just putting in a new motherboard and connecting the HD? or would I run into some problems that I should be aware of.
Is the Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming compatible?

Thank you for any and all replies.

Sorry about multiple posts.

Im planing on doing a hackintosh on my x99 build but before I start I wanted to get a better understanding which would be more stable for my setup.

MB- Gigabyte ga-x99-sli
CPU- 5820k
HD- Intel 750 series 800GB SSD
RAM- DDR4 32GB
GPU- Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming

My main concerns are.

1. Should I go with 10.10 or 10.11? Following these two guides below, 10.10 notes that it is a temporary guide where 10.11 dosnt.
Is that an oversight or am I missing something?
[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 Yosemite 10.10.x [Full Temp Guide] (100% Working)

2. Ideally I would like to dual boot from my PCIE NVMe SSD but reading from the guide it looks like I will have to use a second drive for the OSX that will have to be cloned from GUID to MBR to fix the booting issues.
Are there any users that have dual boot on a single NVMe SSD?

3. Hardware compatibility. Planing on changing my motherboard in the future, is the process as simple as just putting in a new motherboard and connecting the HD? or would I run into some problems that I should be aware of.
Is the Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming compatible?

Thank you for any and all replies.

I have x99gaming g1 wifi with m2 SSD SM951 worked 100%.

@Steathster

From my experience MB is the most critical component for stable hackintosh (together with "well supported GPU"). Simply switching the MB maybe is not possible (never tried) - you will have at least to re-install the mac OS. As for dual boot - it should be possible but... nothing is better than a dedicated drive - you have the freedom to break whatever you want without fear :). I am with 1TB WD Blue drive and even if it is not SSD the system is amazingly fast.

@Steathster

From my experience MB is the most critical component for stable hackintosh (together with "well supported GPU"). Simply switching the MB maybe is not possible (never tried) - you will have at least to re-install the mac OS. As for dual boot - it should be possible but... nothing is better than a dedicated drive - you have the freedom to break whatever you want without fear :). I am with 1TB WD Blue drive and even if it is not SSD the system is amazingly fast.

do yourself a favor and get a sata ssd drive and use the 1tb blue as storage. Whole system will be noticeably faster. It's 100% worth it especially since we are running such powerful cpu's to begin with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back