Contribute
Register

**Success* i7-4770k - MSI Z87-GD65 - 2 x GTX 660 - 16GB RAM - TRI-Boot - OS X 10.9.4 - Windows 8.1 P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went ahead and used the BIOS that you supplied. Good news and bad news. The good news: I was able to install the OS X on my HDD. No bootflags needed. Hooray!! The bad news: after installation, (and before doing multibeast) and while attempting to boot up my new hard drive from the USB. I get to a white apple screen that has a loading wheel on the bottom. I let it sit for 30 mins hoping it would load into something, but it just sat on that screen, so I turned it off.

My thoughts on the Issue: I tried to use a different HDD than stated in my build that I had laying around. It is an older 1tb HDD from an old Dell pc. I will be attempting the WD HDD and see where that gets me.

What do I do about Motherboard DSDT files? I don't have any.

Thanks!

I went ahead and used the BIOS that you supplied. Good news and bad news. The good news: I was able to install the OS X on my HDD. No bootflags needed. Hooray!! The bad news: after installation, (and before doing multibeast) and while attempting to boot up my new hard drive from the USB. I get to a white apple screen that has a loading wheel on the bottom. I let it sit for 30 mins hoping it would load into something, but it just sat on that screen, so I turned it off.

My thoughts on the Issue: I tried to use a different HDD than stated in my build that I had laying around. It is an older 1tb HDD from an old Dell pc. I will be attempting the WD HDD and see where that gets me.

What do I do about Motherboard DSDT files? I don't have any.

Thanks!

To help with your loading issue I would boot into your USB installer again and follow the guide here on the website on the boot0 error. Basically, this will allow you to boot into Mavericks without the need of your USB drive. Oh, and on the Motherboard DSDT files I basically did an EasyDSDT installation on Multibeast adding the ALC1150 for my Audio (may be different for yours) and I believe on my particular motherboard my onboard Ethernet is now supported. Not entirely too sure. Had to purchase a PCI NIC card ($10, and naturally supported by Mavericks) but I will give my onboard NIC a test run here sooner or later.

If you're wondering. I have all Seagate HDD's. No SSD's but I plan on doing so later in the future.

Well, this issue doesn't seem to be related to the boot0 error. I went ahead and attempted the boot0 error fix, but that would come next. My problem appears when I try and use the USB installer stick to boot my Mavericks HDD. At this step, I would be loading into the OS X to run Multibeast, but I've not been able to. I get stuck at this screen and it is attempting to load. The load wheel never stops turning, but I let it sit for an hour today. It just stays here.
IMAG0235.jpg

Thanks!

Hey, good news! I was able to get into the OS and run MultiBeast! Hooray! I even managed to get my on board killer e2205 to work. Now if I can only get my audio to work I'd be in business. I've got a Realtek ALC1150. Does yours have that?

Hey, good news! I was able to get into the OS and run MultiBeast! Hooray! I even managed to get my on board killer e2205 to work. Now if I can only get my audio to work I'd be in business. I've got a Realtek ALC1150. Does yours have that?

Hi Squax

I have the same motherboard as you, How did you manage to get your Ethernet working? did you just install e2200 driver in MultiBeast?

How did you get the Killer E2205 to work ? Would be interresant, because I've got a MSI G43-Gaming with the Killer E2205 LAN Cart.(Sorry for my bad english ^^)

Hello! I have the same motherboard you , but do not patch the bios , the pmpatch no longer exists and not use it.

do you have a patched vios you worth my Z87 motherboard MSI GD -65 Gaming ?

Thank you very much !

I have a MSI Z87-GD65 to, can you probably help me to get Hackintosh running?
I tried the installation with clover but it stucks at the Apple Bootlogo when I try to install it.

Are you still in Maverick or did you update to Yosemity?

How can I patch my BIOS? I updated it to 1.B and try to find PMPatch but it seems like it's not supported anymore, are there alternatives anywhere around?

Thanks for any help,
clfaster

Hello epmasters,
My Hackintosh build was a success and I now have a dual-boot PC for Win7 Pro and Yosemite 10.10.5. (Thanks for posting your guide btw!)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...boot-os-x-10-9-4-windows-8-1-pro-steamos.html

I have nearly identical hardware as your "success" post guide (same mobo, same CPU, same PSU, same make GPU but slightly newer model than yours, similar Gskill RAM but two 8GB sticks), and I patched my V1.9 BIOS with the uefipatch tool - ( I had problems getting the most recent v1.C BIOS from MSI flashed to my mobo, but was successful with v1.9).

The only thing I have not done yet is the boot0 fix. I still have to boot to Yosemite with the USB stick in the PC.

But what I've discovered since getting that working is that whenever I shutdown Yosemite and try to reboot to Windows (or just go into the BIOS even before booting to Windows) all my BIOS settings have been reset, and the clock is also reset to GMT time.

Of course the system clock is on the correct time whenever Yosemite is running. (Mac OSX determines current time based on GMT from what i've researched so far, thus the GMT time in BIOS after Yosemite shutdown).

So I have to manually adjust my BIOS settings each time cuz it also messes up the custom boot order I've set my BIOS to.

I've read some posts from folks about some kext hacks for some people who have a gigabyte mobo and Mountain Lion. But I'm not yet confident that will solve the issue for my Yosemite Hackintosh on my MSI mobo.

Did you have the same BIOS reset issue as this? Or have you seen it since in your newer builds?

And if so what did you do to resolve it?

Any thoughts you can provide are appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back