Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This was my first time building a Hackintosh. I've been using Macs since 2006 but I needed a higher performance with low budget to run a machine for software development purposes; therefore I didn't buy a graphic card but I think I will buy one soon.

I followed instructions listed on: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

See the attached screenshots to see the configurations I used:

System.jpgConfiguration.pngsetup.jpg

Notes:
- I'm using Corsair H100i Water Cooler and I set the CPU performance to be %80 higher but it never goes higher than 70 Celsius (158 F).

- I had to type -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 to start the installation at first screen.

- I set profile 2 for X.M.P. Memory Profile. But it didn't appear until I installed Windows and Gigabyte drivers. So you can pick profile 1 as well.

Final:
- The machine is super fast. The websites are loading faster than any machine I had. We I see 4.3 GHz at the moment but I will try to improve it.

- We are using it two people at the same time. One of us is running Xcode and building a huge project and the another is running RubyMine and building constantly large Rails projects. The free memory seems like 13 MB at some point but the machine never freezes. I guess it can share the memory in a clever way. But I would suggest you to install 32 GB if you can and if you are going to share it with co-workers.

- Now, I don't know where to start to overclock this machine. If you have a monster configuration to share with me, thanks a lot in advance!

Problems I had:
- Corsair's 16 GB RAM (CMD16GX3M2A1866C10) caused random freezes at any point. I tried to take one off during the installation but it didn't went well again.

- I used Clover later, I didn't have freezing problems but after I enabled the FileVault, I could not come back to the OS.

- I couldn't install Windows on the same drive because it required the disk to be GPT. You cannot convert it from MBP without cleaning it. I guess I should have installed Windows first. Later, I installed Windows on a separate disk, now it works like a charm, but the booting time is very very long.

Last edited:
Not a good idea to share your serial number with everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back