Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5, i7 4790k, 16 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3, Onboard Graphics Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great guide! I have the same motherboard and this guide works perfectly. I found that with the latest version of audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip, I don't need to do anything extra. Just mount EFI and run the command. Very easy!

About the network drive, I found it easier to mount EFI and copy the downloaded AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/.

Seconded, this is a GREAT guide! I have a different board GA-Z97N WIFI, but have been able to follow along and just change the kexts for network.

I have a question for you about the audio and the process. When I run audio_cloverALC-100.command I am getting the error

Encountered unexpected character k on line 4 while looking for open tag

I am almost sure that is because I formatted my tag wrong when following step:

1. Mount the EFI partition on your hard drive and add "kext-dev-mode=1" to your config.plist file in /EFi/CLOVER. This will allow you to load development kexts.

Because my config.plist file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
kext-dev-mode=1

My question is, what does your edited line look like in your config.plist file? And where did you put that line? Thank you

EDIT, I removed the line all together and the script ran without error. However I still don't have my audio devices showing up :/ Please let me know if anyone has ideas or if I should re-post this in a more appropriate place. Thanks

Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 9.09.06 AM.png

Download Clover Configurator, mount the EFI and import the config.plist with Clover Configurator. The kext-dev-mode parameter is available in the Boot Section. Close Clover Configuration, click save and done.

Thanks for the help. I reckon I have kext-dev-mode=1 in my config.plist file but I still can't get audio to work.

More about my setup:
MB: GA-Z97N Wifi
Audio: Realtek[SUP]®[/SUP] ALC892 c
odec

In my config.plist file I've got the kext-dev-mode=1 now.
<snip>
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>MacHDD</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Log</key>
<true/>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>10</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<string>NO</string>
</dict>

</snip>

I tried running "audio_realtekALC-100.command" but to no avail

Googling around I also tried running "AppleHDA8Series.sh" from http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/06/30/new-style-of-applehda-kext-patching-for-yosemite/

What is interesting is when I run that command I get an error that makes me think something is wrong with my config.plist file because it's not seeing the kext-dev-mode=1

Warning: Argument 'kext-dev-mode=1' not found (AppleHDA892.kext won't load)!

Please if you have audio working on that board, I'm desperate for ideas. Thanks

Sorry to hear you are having the trouble with your audio - I know there were some updates made to the architecture of the board when your (wifi) model came out - could have been some changes to the audio as well. It might be worth a quick chat with the support guys at Gigabyte. Sorry I can't be more helpful but it seems like you have tried all of the common sense solutions.

I have been trying to follow your guide with no success. I have the same board with the same bios, 16GB RAM (2x8 1600Mhz). 256 SSD Geforce GT740SC. I have tried with and without a video card and I can never get to the Yosemite welcome page. Any ideas? BIOS is set like yours to the T.

Thanks

I have followed step-by-step this article. I have the same board that you have and the same processor that you have as well. I had created the USB flash drive to the T based on this article as well. I have selected the option in clover install just as per your requirements. When I tried to boot up I never get to the install window. Is there a way you can specify what option you checked, bios settings flags if any? I have no luck at all install g Yosemite with the same hardware. Also where those the only option you change in your bios? There is no mention of VT-d. Any help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks

I have followed step-by-step this article. I have the same board that you have and the same processor that you have as well. I had created the USB flash drive to the T based on this article as well. I have selected the option in clover install just as per your requirements. When I tried to boot up I never get to the install window. Is there a way you can specify what option you checked, bios settings flags if any? I have no luck at all install g Yosemite with the same hardware. Also where those the only option you change in your bios? There is no mention of VT-d. Any help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks

I listed what BIOS settings I have set in the original post. Those are the only options I changed.

First, I selected "Load Optimized Defaults". Then, I changed everything as I had listed on the original screen.

You say "I never get to the install window." What do you see on your screen?

I have a GA Z97z gaming 5, i7 4790k, 16GB ram 1866 Mhz DDR3, Leadtek GTX 760(i had uncheck intel inject from config using clover config). Everythings work fine including audio(edit config.plist) following this great guide from allgreyarea. I even able to boot windows 8 from clover.I havent done anything on imsg yet as its not essential.

I also enable XMP in bios... However i have only last thing where my ram actually is Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB 1866MHZ c9 DDR 3, it can detect correctly in windows.

Any clue i able to unleash 1866 mhz? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back