Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5, i7 4790k, 16 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3, Onboard Graphics Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5, i7 4790k, 16 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3, Onboard Graphics

AWESOME Guide!!!! Thank you so much for posting this. I am building a new system for Christmas for my daughter to replace her sluggish circa-2007 Hackintosh and I got this exact board. So this was an awesome guide to leverage for it.

One thing to note as I have been noodling with my own build... I was beating my head against the wall unable to get my LAN/ethernet port hot using the driver you listed and install/rebuild kext directions. Anyways, once I had completed the cycle 2x carefully without the hardware being recognized, I grabbed the motherboard manual for list of components, in the chance that my motherboard build was slightly different than yours. And guess what, I believe it was! My motherboard imprinted Revision says 1.0 though...

I installed using the Killer ALXEthernet v 1.0.2 (ALXEthernet.kext) as my manual listed "Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2201 LAN". And it works!!!

Anyways, as I said I am still in the process of installing, so now on to the audio piece. But I wanted to post this in the event that someone stumbles at this point as well.

EDIT - Completed install and everything functioning. iMessage, App Store, FaceTime, everything! Thanks again for taking the time to document!

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5, i7 4790k, 16 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3, Onboard Graphics

AWESOME Guide!!!! Thank you so much for posting this. I am building a new system for Christmas for my daughter to replace her sluggish circa-2007 Hackintosh and I got this exact board. So this was an awesome guide to leverage for it.

One thing to note as I have been noodling with my own build... I was beating my head against the wall unable to get my LAN/ethernet port hot using the driver you listed and install/rebuild kext directions. Anyways, once I had completed the cycle 2x carefully without the hardware being recognized, I grabbed the motherboard manual for list of components, in the chance that my motherboard build was slightly different than yours. And guess what, I believe it was! My motherboard imprinted Revision says 1.0 though...

I installed using the Killer ALXEthernet v 1.0.2 (ALXEthernet.kext) as my manual listed "Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2201 LAN". And it works!!!

Anyways, as I said I am still in the process of installing, so now on to the audio piece. But I wanted to post this in the event that someone stumbles at this point as well.

EDIT - Completed install and everything functioning. iMessage, App Store, FaceTime, everything! Thanks again for taking the time to document!

Hello! Did you had to do something special in order to make iMessage, FaceTime, etc work? Thanks!!!

Well it was working... as in past tense. I just logged in again this evening (imessage) and got the "error has occurred during activation / try again", so I suppose I will go through the troubleshooting guide step by step as I have before and see if I can figure out what it is barking about.

Okay, I ended up having to follow the Jaymonkey guide, over here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Here are the steps that I had to do to fix mine:

1) Mount your EFI boot partition to edit/view the clover.plist under the EFI partition
2) Download clover configurator application
3) Establish that my MLB and ROM values were persistent with our BIOS (they are for our boards and bios, so you can skip step #3 if you like) - via imessage debug utility
4) Generate a unique Serial Number for my rig using Clover Configurator and verifying it is not in use via the apple website. (https://selfsolve.apple.com )
5) Input the following values in the configurator:
  • MLB - use your SN from #4 above and add random alphanumeric to make it 17 characters long. Input that in the MLB field
  • ROM - use your PC's MAC address (ethernet card) value without the ":" seperators. Input that in the ROM field.
  • smUUID - use the terminal command "uuidgen" to spawn a unique value and copy paste into Configurator in smUUID field.
6) Save the Clover.plist under configurator and exit out.
7) Run Step 4 of Part 1 and clean up all of your iMessage files on the rig. (search the imessage thread for "Step-4: Remove existing iMessage data".
8) Reboot.

Basically if you follow the iMessage guide, it will get you there. But the above is what I had to alter/input to get mine working. Once I did the above and rebooted, all was working. Thanks to Jaymonkey!!!

Wow thanks for the insight I'm really glad iMessage work with this board.

Does this mean iCloud, Appstore work also with this board? thanks :thumbup:

iCloud and AppStore works fine, but with iMessage I got the Contact Apple with Customer Code Alert So I will have to call apple... :banghead::crazy:

iCloud and AppStore works fine, but with iMessage I got the Contact Apple with Customer Code Alert So I will have to call apple... :banghead::crazy:

This is extremely easy to deal with. Apple fixed mine in under 2 minutes.

1. Generate a serial number for your mac if you don't already have one.
2. There is online chat . Go to https://getsupport.apple.com/ and choose your issue. Pick some computer hardware and when it wants to charge you for support, choose "I believe I have an exemption" and say it is a software issue with Apple branded software.
3. Select the Online Chat option on how to contact Apple. This may come before or after they try to charge you.
4. Give the person the error message and the Customer Code Alert.

On a side note, for the person with iTunes not playing back purchased content, this is a known issue. You used to be able to run iTunes 11.0.1 and get the content to play back in 32-bit mode. However, with the changes to Yosemite, iTunes 11.0.1 doesn't work properly.

2. There is online chat . Go to https://getsupport.apple.com/ and choose your issue. Pick some computer hardware and when it wants to charge you for support, choose "I believe I have an exemption" and say it is a software issue with Apple branded software.
3. Select the Online Chat option on how to contact Apple. This may come before or after they try to charge you.

On a side note, for the person with iTunes not playing back purchased content, this is a known issue. You used to be able to run iTunes 11.0.1 and get the content to play back in 32-bit mode. However, with the changes to Yosemite, iTunes 11.0.1 doesn't work properly.

Thanks for your help Allgreyarea!!! :thumbup:

I write my serial created with clover for iMac 14.2 and the apple page says... We're sorry, but that is not a valid serial number. Please try again. :banghead:

Great guide! I have the same motherboard and this guide works perfectly. I found that with the latest version of audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip, I don't need to do anything extra. Just mount EFI and run the command. Very easy!

About the network drive, I found it easier to mount EFI and copy the downloaded AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back