Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5, i7 4790k, 16 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3, Onboard Graphics Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try running with 16GB. I've seen reports of 32GB memory freezing but the freezing went away with just 16GB.

I've seen those too. I've just tweaked a bit the dram voltage, from 1.5 to 1.6 to see what happens (some say that Haswell platform could have issues of this kind). I will keep this setting for a week and see what happens. Then, if freeze occurs again I'll switch to 16 and see.

Thank you.

Nice Guide !!

Just spent the night loading a new clover install of Yosemite.. Put the ethernet kext in the EFI boot partition and works like a champ.. Also got audio working as well.. Gonna tweek some more..

thanks for the guide.. this was my first clover install and it did hurt my brain a bit, but I get it now!

-Brad

Nearly everything has been stable for me, but I have had one persistent oddity. Every so often, my audio will randomly drop out or become delayed by a second. It can be temporarily fixed by switching to a digital audio output and then back to the (non digital) one I was using, but it's a nuisance and seems to be happening more and more frequently. Has anyone else encountered this, and is there a recommended course of action? Thanks!

Nearly everything has been stable for me, but I have had one persistent oddity. Every so often, my audio will randomly drop out or become delayed by a second. It can be temporarily fixed by switching to a digital audio output and then back to the (non digital) one I was using, but it's a nuisance and seems to be happening more and more frequently. Has anyone else encountered this, and is there a recommended course of action? Thanks!
Hrmm... It seems to have gotten worse. This time I couldn't fix it without restarting the entire computer, and applications started locking up when I attempted to switch audio outputs.

G'day

I need a little help with my install.

My hardware:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-GAMING 5
CPU: Intel i7 4790K
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (4GB DDR5)
RAM: 16GB G.Skill Value

I followed the OP's guide to the letter, but it still gets stuck trying to boot to the USB.
It always leaves me at "DSMOS has arrived" and will not proceed any further. I was having the same issues with Unibeast so I switch to Clover hoping it would do the job but nOpe...

Can anyone help me out here?
Thanks in advance,
rogue

I had similar problems as you with the same exact setup. I added npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 in the boot args. But now I get stuck at a grey screen. I am connected via my graphics. Should I connect via my onboard during installation then switch over after I install the nvidia drivers?

I had similar problems as you with the same exact setup. I added npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 in the boot args. But now I get stuck at a grey screen. I am connected via my graphics. Should I connect via my onboard during installation then switch over after I install the nvidia drivers?

yes

got it working. Installed with my onboard graphics. Installed the Nvidia web drivers, changed my flags and connected to my video card. Got everything working except sleep. It turns off then right back on. Need to look around to find a fix.

Just installed 10.10.3 and no issues.

Try fresh start by resetting bios to factory defaults.... (short out reset jumper) or remove battery for a min.
Then apply optimize defaults and profile 1 if your ram permits. I find this board can get a bit "confused" after a bit of honest good old "testing". I'm running latest beta bios.

hello guys, I have the same config except the CPU, i Have 4770k and 8 gb ram. Everything is working well but I have one strange problem. Sometimes when I start the PC, from the moment I push the button to the startup beep sound ( if it's checked in bios, ) to the clover start-up page with the partitions it takes like 10-15 seconds. This occurs when I plug or unplug varios USB devices or random. Sometimes a reset is needed. In bios i have default settings. And with Chimera I had more problems regarding starting the PC.

Do you have similar problems?

If i boot only on windows more than 2 times,I don't have this start-up delay.
At some point I even reset the bios, flashed it but no result.

Also I want to thank you for the above tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back