Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Mojave 10.14.3
Install RX 560 today.
Audio work over DP !!!!
I am very happy
BenQ LCD - its my monitor with sound
Screenshot 2019-01-30 at 22.34.52.png

Feeling very nervous as I just bit the bullet and ordered a XFX Radeon Liquid Cooled RX Vega 64 8GB locally here in Australia. I'm hoping it doesn't go 'pear shaped' for me. I will be keeping my Sapphire RX 580, and most probably putting it into my eGPU for use with my hack and ultimately a new ultrabook that has TB3 that I can take away with me to the holiday house.
Time will tell if I have done the right thing.:rolleyes:

Feeling very nervous as I just bit the bullet and ordered a XFX Radeon Liquid Cooled RX Vega 64 8GB locally here in Australia. I'm hoping it doesn't go 'pear shaped' for me. I will be keeping my Sapphire RX 580, and most probably putting it into my eGPU for use with my hack and ultimately a new ultrabook that has TB3 that I can take away with me to the holiday house.
Time will tell if I have done the right thing.:rolleyes:

On February 7th, the new Radeon VII is released. GTX 1080 Ti performance finally from AMD! I’m looking forward to this because I like to game in 4K at max settings, and on some stuff the Vega 64 just can’t do it smoothly. I have a GTX 1080 T in a eGPU box just for gaming in Windows. I would much rather do it all on one card and the AMD is a MUCH more elegant card. The fidelity is outstanding!

My Sapphire Nitro Vega 64 has been flawless in my hack. No issues at all and no special settings... it just works. I’m sure yours will work great. :mrgreen:

On February 7th, the new Radeon VII is released. GTX 1080 Ti performance finally from AMD! I’m looking forward to this because I like to game in 4K at max settings, and on some stuff the Vega 64 just can’t do it smoothly. I have a GTX 1080 T in a eGPU box just for gaming in Windows. I would much rather do it all on one card and the AMD is a MUCH more elegant card. The fidelity is outstanding!

My Sapphire Nitro Vega 64 has been flawless in my hack. No issues at all and no special settings... it just works. I’m sure yours will work great. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the hands-up. I don't game on macOS, not unless you count pinball as a game, and it's definitely not a AAA game! My adult son does, but not on this computer, unless he visits, then I have windows. For some reason, he prefers lower resolution gaming and has a GTX1070 driving a 1920x1080 monitor.

I want the Vega for the extra Compute Units, and to hopefully match the power of my two RX 580's (one since sold).

I'm not sure what the $$$ will be on the Radeon VII, but with the Australian dollar weaker against the US dollar and my declining bank balance and possible early retirement, I thought it best to snap up the XFX Vega 64 now. Also, its liquid cooled and will fit in with my Corsair AIO cooling, I will also be changing the fan on the Vega radiator to a Corsair ML 120 RGB to match the 'bling' of my other ML 140's. I also have ordered two more ML 140's for the top vent of my case to boost the airflow in the case, making 5 ML fans in total.

Thanks for the hands-up. I don't game on macOS, not unless you count pinball as a game, and it's definitely not a AAA game! My adult son does, but not on this computer, unless he visits, then I have windows. For some reason, he prefers lower resolution gaming and has a GTX1070 driving a 1920x1080 monitor.

I want the Vega for the extra Compute Units, and to hopefully match the power of my two RX 580's (one since sold).

I'm not sure what the $$$ will be on the Radeon VII, but with the Australian dollar weaker against the US dollar and my declining bank balance and possible early retirement, I thought it best to snap up the XFX Vega 64 now. Also, its liquid cooled and will fit in with my Corsair AIO cooling, I will also be changing the fan on the Vega radiator to a Corsair ML 120 RGB to match the 'bling' of my other ML 140's. I also have ordered two more ML 140's for the top vent of my case to boost the airflow in the case, making 5 ML fans in total.

The compute is huge on the Vega 64. I will snap you a screen when I get in this evening :thumbup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 5.11.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 5.11.25 PM.png
    571.2 KB · Views: 70
Whoa! Thats a great score. Hopefully my Vega 64 will arrive today. I will be very interested to see my Blender times also with the RX 580 in the eGPU it should rocket along. Interestingly XFX recommend a 1000W or greater power supply. I have a Corsair RM850i 850W that according to my calculations from the maximum power draw I have seen in the internet for this card (as it's liquid cooled, XFX have OC'd it a bit from the air cooled) is around 405W peak. So hopefully I don't have to dosh out more dough for a bigger power supply. How big is your power supply, any trouble with it?

Also getting back on topic, how did you end up with your Titan Ridge? My efforts yesterday confirmed to me that there is definitely something 'fishy' with the both the F11 and definitely the F12c BIOS's. I'm currently on F11 with the Titan Ridge, but hot-plug is not working. My OCW 10Gbe is connected but when I hot-plug it, it powers but does not connect at 10Gbe it stays disconnected. This TB stuff is a bit over my head ATM, it's easier in Linux to see what is going on, or at least understand.

If you tweak the power table a bit with tools like VGTab or even better the vega64-mac-pp_table-gen-V1.5.xlsx, you actually can get scores as high as 220000 in cinebench open CL. I've got my Vega 64 Nitro+ just yesterday and I find it quite challenging to find the optimum balance between maximum power and minimum fan noise. It's especially challanging to get it working properly under macOs, as the official drivers are constantly being "optimized", so there are constant parameter changes and it's still quite buggy. If you find a good setting please let me know.

If you tweak the power table a bit with tools like VGTab or even better the vega64-mac-pp_table-gen-V1.5.xlsx, you actually can get scores as high as 220000 in cinebench open CL. I've got my Vega 64 Nitro+ just yesterday and I find it quite challenging to find the optimum balance between maximum power and minimum fan noise. It's especially challanging to get it working properly under macOs, as the official drivers are constantly being "optimized", so there are constant parameter changes and it's still quite buggy. If you find a good setting please let me know.
Thanks, I'll look at the apps you mentioned. Mine is a Liquid Cooled model, and I will be changing the radiator fan over to a Corsair ML (Magnetic Levitation) fan to keep it quiet and also to match the other ML fans I have in there.

Back