Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Try this SSDT.aml: it is one from kgp adopted for PCI0.RP21: I used it in September on my Gigabyte build: it worked.

Hey, Your SSDT partially works with BIOS F11 and Titan Ridge! When you unplug the thunderbolt device it still shows as connected but DOES continue to work after replugging. Whats odd is nothing shows under PCI devices...

It does reconnect after sleep :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 5.23.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 5.23.22 PM.png
    824.6 KB · Views: 66
What is working best for now is BIOS F7 with Alpine Ridge along with KPG's SSDT. Under PCI Devices it shows as Titan Ridge but it works flawlessly!

Thanks KPG and LeleTuratti! :clap:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 7.02.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 7.02.06 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 79
No idea where you downloaded "SSDT-Z370-TB3HP" and if there are any deviations from SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml, apart form the usually necessary ACPI path and ACPI replacement adaptation.

Anyway, TB and XHC5 seems properly implemented on your system.

View attachment 382593

At second place it would be interesting to know, which TB adapter you are currently employing and whether or not it would be necessary to remove THB-C to achieve TB and USB HotPlug.

Do the 2 docks properly work under windows or on a real Mac?

Hi @kgp With my GC Alpine Ridge card, in Windows 10, both Thunderbolt devices work. Both ports work individually and hotswap/power up/power down works in that I can get my devices back if powered off then back on again. These devices do not have to be powered-up before system boot. But only in Windows 10.

I got the SSDT from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/attachme...382038/?hash=a995dc753a980d465b9fb3af8920d5d8 on this page: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/in-progress-ssdt-for-thunderbolt-3-hotplug.248784/

I'm using all Apple Cables and dongles. It's in TB3 port 1. When you say "remove THB-C" do you mean the internal header cable from the card to the MOBO? Or do you mean the Thunderbolt 3 cable that looks exactly like a USB-C-type cable? Here's a strange capture-of-curiosity. I'm not sure what the "non Apollo" entries are since there is only one Thunderbolt device attached.

Attachments

• Odd.png
    Odd.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 62
Hi @kgp With my GC Alpine Ridge card, in Windows 10, both Thunderbolt devices work. Both ports work individually and hotswap/power up/power down works in that I can get my devices back if powered off then back on again. These devices do not have to be powered-up before system boot. But only in Windows 10.

I got the SSDT from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/attachme...382038/?hash=a995dc753a980d465b9fb3af8920d5d8 on this page: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/in-progress-ssdt-for-thunderbolt-3-hotplug.248784/

I'm using all Apple Cables and dongles. It's in TB3 port 1. When you say "remove THB-C" do you mean the internal header cable from the card to the MOBO? Or do you mean the Thunderbolt 3 cable that looks exactly like a USB-C-type cable? Here's a strange capture-of-curiosity. I'm not sure what the "non Apollo" entries are since there is only one Thunderbolt device attached.

The only one that works correctly for me was @kgp ’s for the X299. Connect the internal cable to the Alpine Ridge like it should be and put these 2 files in your EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder. Under PCI devices in "About This Mac", it will show as Titan Ridge but it works.

Attachments

• Z370 TB3.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 71
The only one that works correctly for me was KGP’s for the X299. Connect the internal cable to the Alpine Ridge like it should be and put these 2 files in your EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder. Under PCI devices in "About This Mac" it will show as Titan Ridge but it works.
Hi Gothic4684. I've downloaded you zip file and changed the Titan Ridge to Alpine Ridge for you. From what I understand you can call it anything you want.
I just received my Titan Ridge via DHL just a few moments ago, so I will be giving that a go shortly. Only took them 16 days to get here with expedite shipping! As a nameless person said to me DHL stands for "Doh' How Long"! ;):lol:

Attachments

• Z370 TB3 Alpine Ridge.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 67
Hi Gothic4684. I've downloaded you zip file and changed the Titan Ridge to Alpine Ridge for you. From what I understand you can call it anything you want.
I just received my Titan Ridge via DHL just a few moments ago, so I will be giving that a go shortly. Only took them 16 days to get here with expedite shipping! As a nameless person said to me DHL stands for "Doh' How Long"! ;):lol:

YAY! It finally arrived! :clap:

Jim I really hope you can figure this out so we can use the Titan Ridge with a recent BIOS. This SSDT from lolofatstix DID work with Titan and BIOS F11... it just needs to be tweaked a bit and as much as I have read up on editing SSDT's I can safely say it is WAY over my head. lol

Thanks for the edit... trying now and I look forward to hearing how your experiment goes :D

YAY! It finally arrived! :clap:

Jim I really hope you can figure this out so we can use the Titan Ridge with a recent BIOS. This SSDT from lolofatstix DID work with Titan and BIOS F11... it just needs to be tweaked a bit and as much as I have read up on editing SSDT's I can safely say it is WAY over my head. lol

Thanks for the edit... trying now and I look forward to hearing how your experiment goes :D
Yes I hope it goes well, and is not a 'baptism of fire' like the Alpine Ridge was for me yesterday, I kept loosing Port 2 on the AR card. I think I have nearly worn out the reset button, let alone the BIOS chip!
I'll report back soon I hope.

May I ask... what do you use to rename this with? Thanks!

Back