Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

I have tested the last BIOS (in my case the F13b) and unfortunately it does not work. I remain stuck on:
PTIDSensor: started
View attachment 381787

For those interested in the Thunderbolt hotplug, I communicate that the problem is related to the BIOS version that is used, in my case for the GB Z370 UG the version that allows me to have the fully hotplug functional is the F10.

A short time ago I explained to the GB support my experience and suggested to bring the changes present in the F10 version even in the most updated versions of all MB, so that everyone could have the TB hotplug.
I was hoping this BIOS was the turning point, but...

It looks like the latest BIOS update has broken something for macOS and/or Clover, as I had issues yesterday with F12c.

It's interesting that you say your version F10 (F7 is our equivalent) allowed Hotplug. Can you share your BIOS setting for the TB side of things? I gather you are using an Alpine Ridge.

I'll revert back to F7, and give it a try. I'm waiting for my lost Titan Ridge to arrive (have been since 12th Jan!), DHL say they have found it, and it's somewhere between Sydney and Melbourne! So much for their automated tracking systems. Hate for them to run a passenger airline, god knows when and where you'd end up!:lol:

It looks like the latest BIOS update has broken something for macOS and/or Clover, as I had issues yesterday with F12c.

It's interesting that you say your version F10 (F7 is our equivalent) allowed Hotplug. Can you share your BIOS setting for the TB side of things? I gather you are using an Alpine Ridge.

I'll revert back to F7, and give it a try. I'm waiting for my lost Titan Ridge to arrive (have been since 12th Jan!), DHL say they have found it, and it's somewhere between Sydney and Melbourne! So much for their automated tracking systems. Hate for them to run a passenger airline, god knows when and where you'd end up!:lol:

Hey... sounds promising! :clap:

If that's the case with 12c, I am not going anywhere near that one :thumbdown

I have tested the last BIOS (in my case the F13b) and unfortunately it does not work. I remain stuck on:
PTIDSensor: started
View attachment 381787

For those interested in the Thunderbolt hotplug, I communicate that the problem is related to the BIOS version that is used, in my case for the GB Z370 UG the version that allows me to have the fully hotplug functional is the F10.

A short time ago I explained to the GB support my experience and suggested to bring the changes present in the F10 version even in the most updated versions of all MB, so that everyone could have the TB hotplug.
I was hoping this BIOS was the turning point, but...

Hey... sounds promising! :clap:

If that's the case with 12c, I am not going anywhere near that one :thumbdown

Yes F12c is the pits!

Drumroll..... with F7 and SSDT's and config.plist changes, hot plug works! Well at least with my minimal testing of plugins in my OCW TB3 10Gbe adaptor several times. I'll try my eGPU shortly, and report back.
This means that those with a Alpine Ridge might have a chance of staying with this card.

There is also extra options shown in the BIOS which I haven't seen before.
Thanks very much @LeleTuratti, your'e a life saver! :clap::headbang::)
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 11.45.24 am.png

190125002423.jpg
190125002438.jpg

Yes F12c is the pits!

Drumroll..... with F7 and SSDT's and config.plist changes, hot plug works! Well at least with my minimal testing of plugins in my OCW TB3 10Gbe adaptor several times. I'll try my eGPU shortly, and report back.
This means that those with a Alpine Ridge might have a chance of staying with this card.

View attachment 381911
View attachment 381909View attachment 381910

Mine came with F7 installed and I DO remember seeing the extra options!

Now WTH do I do with the new Titan Ridge? lol

Wasn't it working with F11? Remember to remove your TB card before updating the BIOS. Do you have the Rev 1.0 board the rest of us do? >>> Z370-AORUS-Gaming-7-Rev-1

The Alpine Ridge I got from Amazon was a rev 2.0... same with the Titan Ridge

The mojo seemed to be the extra settings in bios F7. You are able to enable something important that you are blocked out of in every other bios after that.

When I get in tonight I will roll back my bios and install the Alpine Ridge again and see what I get :thumbup:

Hi @jb007, what concerns the Thunderbolt hotplug is reported in this thread.
Today I also added the new details for those who have a Z370 MB ;)

I'll work on it now and post back in a couple hours.

As @jb007 mentioned reverting the BIOS to F7, it's important to distinguish the MOBO in this build guide from the Ultra Gaming 7 version, which requires F10 in @LeleTuratti's guide. This may help in the prevention of chasing our own tails, and is precisely the reason I believe that build signatures should allow more verbosity regarding build and part specs. See below for the BIOS specific to my MOBO.

Attachments

• mb_bios_z370-aorus-gaming-7_f7.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Yes F12c is the pits!

View attachment 381911
View attachment 381909View attachment 381910

Ok Jim, I have rolled my bios back F7 and put my Alpine Ridge back in. What else do I need to start working on this with your discovery? :ugeek:

Back