Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

@jiffyslot. Could you run these commands in a terminal one at a time and then upload the 3 files for me to look at? The commands are just doing a listing of the three directories /EFI, /L/E & /S/L/E.
Code:
cd ~/Desktop
ls -al /Library/Extensions/ >> le.txt
ls -al /System/Library/Extensions/ >> sle.txt
ls -al /EFI >> efi.txt

Attachments

• le.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 76
  • sle.txt
    20.5 KB · Views: 81
  • efi.txt
    0 bytes · Views: 85
@jiffyslot, could you run the last command after you have mounted your EFI folder... use Clover Configurator's Mount EFI option and select the EFI folder that has [Current Boot Disk] so you mount the correct EFI, please. See my pic.
Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 7.39.28 pm.png

Yes, I'll hold off. -But I used the config you gave me.

The kext not loaded was displayed in About This Mac<System Report<Graphics/Displays.
When you run the iGPU in headless mode, i.e. just using it for QuickSync, it will not display in "This Mac<System Report<Graphics/Displays". I believe I mentioned this a few posts ago.

Yeah, it's totally empty. This is nuts. And really, I used Multibeast and a new install tonight. And it boots. I'm going to mount the other partitions to see where my EFI/Clover is hiding. Really, I didn't do anything!

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 1.27.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 1.27.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 1.38.41 AM.png

Attachments

• efi.txt
    0 bytes · Views: 84
I'm going to shut down, unplug this Mojave SSD, boot into High Sierra (same machine, different config, different SSD.) and run this Terminal exam just to show you something. Bear with and I'll edit this post with some files.

I thought I found it, but I was wrong found it. I think it's the Clover build that's the problem. When I tried to boot into my trusty High Sierra SSD, it was loading v4722 with white screen. I did a hard power off and connected and booted from my Fusion Drive (the master for the High Sierra HFS+ on the SSD. The Fusion Drive has Clover 4630 on it and just plain works. IDKWTF happened during the install of Mojave tonight. I'll just wipe it again tomorrow. One thing though, can I use the config you sent as a basis for getting my iGPU back in High Sierra? Uploading a screen capture of Power Gaddet so you can see if that green line indicates that the system is using iGPU for QuickSync (that would be fine), plus the Terminal reports for this machine. I also wonder if I should install Clover_v2.4k_r4630-UEFI (bundled with Multibeast) on any active System drive. Can I run Multibeast more than once? Should I just start over again, or fix up a really nice High Sierra, clone it over to another drive, and upgrade to Mojave?
Oh the horror.png

Attachments

• le.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 68
  • sle.txt
    23.1 KB · Views: 68
  • efi.txt
    0 bytes · Views: 72
It looks like you are loading the current boot drive Mojave from another clover config on another drive...

Once again, running iGPU in headless mode, you should not see the UHD Graphics 630. Full stop, most probably you are booting of a different config.plist….

I'd remove all drives except the one you want to re-do as Mojave. Do you have a unibeast install usb with it on?
Use Multibeast… the latest once you got it up and booting fine, don't forget to set your BIOS boot drive correctly.
I'd also get the latest clover and install that, but you should get away ATM with the one in MB.
Don't forget to select NATIVE NVRAM in MB, don't load any audio drivers.
And yes once you have it booting from the BIOS & clover, mount the efi folder duplicate or copy the new config.plist created by MB as a backup in case things go pear shaped, and copy over mine... cross fingers etc.

I'll check in tomorrow...

All this time my OC setup was all wrong. I didn't pay attention to LLC (Load Line Calibration)/Vdroop under full load until recently. The 'board's AUTO LLC was doing a terrible job keeping VCore high enough. Which is why I needed to run 1.315 on VCore for 5GHz all core (and mind you, this is still much lower than auto 5GHz overclock the board does). but VCore was dropping as low as 1.200 under all core load. So, I realized I have a damn good 8700K.To stay stable at only 1.2 VCore at 5GHz is really good. So I fixed LLC so VDroop would no longer happen. and was able to lower actual VCore from 1.315 to 1.2 and still be 5GHz stable. Instead of using auto VCore voltage settings I set it to Turbo (extreme overvolted like hell, always overshooting VCore setting, but turbo seems to be stable right at VCore setting)

Then I figured, if CPU can do that, it'd be a cakewalk to push it to 5.1 GHz. So I just threw in random number of 1.28 VCore, dialed up to 5.1, and sure enough. stable as can be. all stress tests passed. I need to fine tune still to see if 1.28 is even needed. But for time being, 5.1 is stable with decent temperature results (peaked at about 80C under extreme heavy stress test loads. More realistic loads are 70-75C). If I can fine tune it more. it'd just be to improve temps even further at this point.

Hi @MysticalOS. That’s good news.
For us less OC savvy people, would it be possible for you to do a few screen grabs of the BIOS settings that you changed?
Sort of a mini how I did it! I for one would like to at least get 5GHz in my de-lidded CPU.

Back