- Jan 16, 2011
- Z390 Designare
- i9-9900K OC 5.0GHz
- Vega 64 + eGPU: 2 x RX 580
- , ,
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
- , ,
Hi @jiffyslot. I'm just concentrating on the Titan Ridge ATM. I know all about the Alpine Ridge and only Port 1 working. Unfortunately as previously stated, I don't have any TB3 Audio devices, but my eGPU currently fitted with a RX 580 is recognised in either port of my Titan Ridge.Thunderbolt hot-plug/power-swap for me (using my build hardware) is in this state on the Alpine Ridge, Rev. 2, Slot 4, header cable attached. I am using genuine Apple Thunderbolt 3 to 2 dongles and cables:
Close enough. I'm betting that Apple-grade/Windows-grade true hot plug will never work with the Z370. That's fine. I'll just flip-on the UAD power before I boot. I built this machine to be a DAW and at that task, it runs great. Flipping a switch is cheaper (to me) than dropping $5k on a throttle-mac. Lesson: Hackintosh + Thunderbolt = Big Hassle.
- Single port only: Port 1.
- Thunderbolt basic functionality even without an SSDT.
- UAD Apollo 8 Quad Thunderbolt 2 must be fully powered up before boot for driver recognition.
- No hot swap/power swap with the UAD Apollo 8 Quad Thunderbolt 2 blackface units.
- Maximum connection speed is 2.5 GT/s
- Booting into Windows 10, both Thunderbolt ports work and power-swap/hot-swap works.
If you're going to build a DAW, plan on using either a PCIe connected interface, or a real USB 3 interface, or a Dante-type system. You'll thank me later.
I get this if I disconnect it!›
I agree, something is very flaky about the whole setup, but I like to try things for myself before giving up. My TB3 OCW 10GBe ethernet adapter hot plugs with no issues.
My Dell monitors I think are part of my problem, sometimes I have to remove the power on them before they display the desktop or even the Clover boot menu. I believe others have had this Dell issue also, which makes it hard to fault find!