Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

All good with the latest Mojave update for our motherboard. Don't forget to update Whatevergreen,lilu and AppleALC to the latest version.
Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 18.06.26.jpg

Has anyone already tested the latest BIOS released on 2019/03/26?

Report this description:
  1. Update iRST to improve Optane compatibility with 9th Gen R0 CPU

Another new one so soon? wonder if they fixed ACPI errors
I don't think so! I have installed F13, and it fails with the same errors as previously. I have even tried booting of my Mojave boot USB, same errors. The one that really worries me is one that occurs before the last errors.
It is: "ACPI Exception: AE_BAD_PARAMETER, Could not install PciConfig handler for Root Bridge PCIO (20160930/evrgnini-339)"

I can boot into Linux and Windows.

Under Linux I get this error: "PCI: Using host bridge windows from ACPI; if necessary, use "pci=nocrs" and report a bug"
From what I can understand, the Linux kernel is reverting back to using a 'legacy' method of finding/allocating memory space for the PCI bridges. It also gives these errors:
Code:
[    1.992433] ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve [\_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT2._GTF.DSSP], AE_NOT_FOUND (20180810/psargs-330)
[    1.992455] ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT2._GTF, AE_NOT_FOUND (20180810/psparse-516)
[    1.995390] ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve [\_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT2._GTF.DSSP], AE_NOT_FOUND (20180810/psargs-330)
[    1.995411] ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_SB.PCI0.SAT0.PRT2._GTF, AE_NOT_FOUND (20180810/psparse-516)

Any ideas anyone? :banghead:

And done. On a modded F11 with all latest CPU microcode updates that patch all latest meltdown and spectre and Retpoline variants and what nots. I wonder if macOS is smart enough to disable the CPU eating work arounds or not though when it's mitigated at cpu level.

Hello @MysticalOS Any chance of sharing that new BIOS with the secret sauce? Please and thank you!
+ @jb007 for his BIOS woes...

My understanding is you CAN make F12 and even 13 work with a custom DSDT to remove the bad nonsense. But I prefer clover hot patching myself. I wonder what an ACPI hot patch would look like to remove/fix the PCIO stuff

My understanding is you CAN make F12 and even 13 work with a custom DSDT to remove the bad nonsense. But I prefer clover hot patching myself. I wonder what an ACPI hot patch would look like to remove/fix the PCIO stuff

After searching for and reading about the programming tools needed to alter BIOS code I am certain that the witchcraft involved in changing microcode in an existing BIOS build is way beyond my ken. I was wondering if your modded F11 was working for you and if you would be willing to share it. See enclosed gift.

Attachments

• Custom USB SSDT for your mobo.zip
    20.4 KB · Views: 155
You just get from here jiffy. https://www.win-raid.com/t3217f44-OFFER-Gigabyte-GA-Z-Aorus-Gaming-BIOS-mod.html
Get the modded F11 update 5 to have no issues. Even the modded F12 and f13 won't work without fixing the APCI errors with a custom DSDT.

Remember, after flash redo settings, you can also do terminal command to confirm microcode was updated from 150 to 174. Also, yes, the reboot issues are fixed as well. It's the latest feb microcode not the late december one that fixed security issues but contained random reboots bug. I have had no issues with the 174 microcode version.

Wondering... can I use the Alpine/Tiitan EFI folders (config, kexts, SSDTs, and AML's) and use them in my System even though I don't have eithr thunderbolt adapter?

My system died non the 14.14 update and it seems a fresh reload is in order. I have work I'd like to do on this system (for my job) but feel if I have to kepp troubleshooting, I'll burn the time I need for my job.

Thanks Jack

(EDIT--Add Deetz) Probably should have corrected my seeming missing profile data:
GA-Z370 Aurus Gaming 7 (F11)​
SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 (~Reference)​
1 x EVO Pro 960 Pro NVME.M2 500GB (Primary with APFS)​
1 x EVO Pro 950 500GB SATA​
1 x EVO Pro 950 250GB SATA​
NZXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Cooler

Last edited:
Back