Contribute
Register

[Success] GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 + Intel Core i7-8700K + RX 580 + (2x) Dell P2715Q 4k @ 60Hz

Could you provide a link to your Github repository? The links on your guide won't work for me or I am looking in the wrong place lol

I mean most of the SSDTs in the X299 SSDT repository should work after some adaptation of ACPI path and ACPI replacements. This small guideline might help you in the adaptation.

That's the link to the X299 EFI-Folder Github repository for comparison with your EFI-Folder.

And these are the links to the XHC USB Kext library and respective guidelines, in case you are interested also in the latter topic.

But as mentioned, you can also leave everything as currently implemented or use any other SMBIOS, if you are content with the current performance of your system.

All the best anyway for all your ongoing endevours :thumbup:

Last edited:
Got it... and no... we don't want fried cards! lol

Pulling the Titan Ridge now and flashing BIOS to F7 with Alpine Ridge and will report back shortly.

Thank you!
Once everything is done, try also to disconnect and reconnect the TB interface while the computer is on ;)

Try this SSDT.aml: it is one from kgp adopted for PCI0.RP21: I used it in September on my Gigabyte build: it worked.

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TT.aml
    6.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Once everything is done, try also to disconnect and reconnect the TB interface while the computer is on ;)

I have down graded to BIOS 7 and put my Alpine Ridge in. Configured the Thunderbolt settings in BIOS per the picture on the link you sent and low and behold... IT WORKS! :headbang:

I am trying out the 2018 Mac mini System profile and working on sleep/wake at the moment and will report back ASAP

Thank you so much for taking the time to walk me through some of this!

I really would rather use the Titan Ridge card so I will also try what Lolofatstix has provided as well. I tried the Titan Ridge with BIOS F7 and it would not recognize the card at all. Support for the Titan Ridge came in the BIOS after F7 sadly.

Thanks to the 3 of you again for all your patience and help... I will update here in bit. :mrgreen:

Back