Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 - 4k RX 580 - 10.13.4 & 10.14.4 & 10.15.0 - SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have done all that and it is indeed HS12.

1571302456700.png

The above screenshot I took when the USB device was plugged in and mounted. Do you know why it's showing up twice with one in red? Is that the problem?

Hello, I have done all that and it is indeed HS12.

View attachment 431111

The above screenshot I took when the USB device was plugged in and mounted. Do you know why it's showing up twice with one in red? Is that the problem?

Hi,

I have double checked my SSDT code and I am sorry I was wrong yesterday. I don't know why it's showing twice though.

HS12 is currently disabled in my SSDT. My 2 front USB 3.0 ports are using HS07/SS07 and HS08/SS08 see picture.

Do you only have 1 front USB port on your box? I would think HS12 is only able to power 1 USB port but I could be wrong, unless your box is using 2 connectors? If it has 2 ports and 1 connector, could you confirm that it shows up as HS12 on both port on the tool?

Is the connector "HS07/SS07, HS08/SS08" used on your motherboard? If not I could disable those on my SSDT and enable HS12. (There is a port limit). Otherwise I could disable a port of your choice.

Udrb5yv.jpg

Yes, as it turns out with a bit of testing, I'm not using number 08, since the front panel header only talks to number 07 and number 12.

Shall I just take your SSDT and remove entries for number 08, and insert:

HS12
UsbConnector
port

in the file in its proper order? Is that all it needs?

Last edited:
@jamesst20 First of all, thanks for the assistance so far.

Given that there seem to be a lot of hidden characters in the AML file, and given that I'd rather not lose any USB ports, I think I'd better not try to muck around with the file myself. I would be very grateful to you if you could insert HS12 and remove either HS02 (Bluetooth) since Bluetooth isn't very useful to me on this computer, or the USB3.1 port, which doesn't seem to work with USB3 devices anyway. I don't mind which.

I just read up on all the SSDT guide and compiled the code myself instead of being dependent... USB 3.1 (red) port doesn't play nice with my USB 3 stick but it's fine with USB 2 devices.... so I kept that, and scrubbed Bluetooth instead. It's all going smoothly now. Thanks for the assist!

Last edited:
@jamesst20 First of all, thanks for the assistance so far.

Given that there seem to be a lot of hidden characters in the AML file, and given that I'd rather not lose any USB ports, I think I'd better not try to muck around with the file myself. I would be very grateful to you if you could insert HS12 and remove either HS02 (Bluetooth) since Bluetooth isn't very useful to me on this computer, or the USB3.1 port, which doesn't seem to work with USB3 devices anyway. I don't mind which.

I just read up on all the SSDT guide and compiled the code myself instead of being dependent... USB 3.1 (red) port doesn't play nice with my USB 3 stick but it's fine with USB 2 devices.... so I kept that, and scrubbed Bluetooth instead. It's all going smoothly now. Thanks for the assist!

Glad you got it sorted !! :)
For the Kernel Panic, I wouldn't know, I don't know if I really tested it :eek:

A small update: when have an Apple USB keyboard plugged into the USB 3.1 point, it will throw a kernel panic when I shut down.

... cute. At least it's simple to avoid.

Just so you know, the update to Catalina went flawlessly :)

Just so you know, the update to Catalina went flawlessly :)
I have 2 computers with this mobo , one with a Rx 560 and one monitor (display port). and it is working well. The one with the Rx 580 and 2 monitors using display ports , the screens go black at start up on Catalina . Are you using 2 monitors with display port?

I have 2 computers with this mobo , one with a Rx 560 and one monitor (display port). and it is working well. The one with the Rx 580 and 2 monitors using display ports , the screens go black at start up on Catalina . Are you using 2 monitors with display port?

Sadly not, only a single 4K monitor on Display Port.
It always have been like this but if I turn on my monitor while the system is booting, I will not have signal until I have reached the lockscreen.

Have you tried playing with WhateverGreen? I am not injecting anything to get it to work.

I have the Gigabyte RX 580, which is yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back