Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 - 4k RX 580 - 10.13.4 & 10.14.4 & 10.15.0 - SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding USB....
In your instructions @jamesst20, I just drop that SSDT aml file into that clover folder, drop the two kexts into /Other and reboot? I have the 8700K and z370 Gaming 5 but front USB and other USB3 not functional.

No strings in the Kernel and Kext Patches for USB, correct?

Last edited:
Regarding USB....
In your instructions @jamesst20, I just drop that SSDT aml file into that clover folder, drop the two kexts into /Other and reboot? I have the 8700K and z370 Gaming 5 but front USB and other USB3 not functional.

No strings in the Kernel and Kext Patches for USB, correct?

If your front USB ports is using the HS12 connector (see the photo) then they should work with my SSDT.
You need the SSDT into clover/acpi/patched and also USBInjectAll.kext in /Library/Extensions.

No USB patch should be used (string) in Kext Patches for USB

Hey James, I have been running a Z370 Aorus G-5 for almost a year but USB ports weren't perfect so I used your SSDT rather than the default. Now my front USB2 port doesn't work at all. It is HS12. I have USBInjectAll.kext in /Library/Extensions installed using KextBeast, and put your file in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/...

... before I completely give up and reset to the imperfect default (which doesn't give enough power on any of the USB 3 ports), do you have any suggestions? Am I missing something?

In your file, HS12 is not listed, is that an issue?
Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 20.22.19.png

Last edited:
Hey James, I have been running a Z370 Aorus G-5 for almost a year but USB ports weren't perfect so I used your SSDT rather than the default. Now my front USB2 port doesn't work at all. It is HS12. I have USBInjectAll.kext in /Library/Extensions installed using KextBeast, and put your file in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/...

... before I completely give up and reset to the imperfect default (which doesn't give enough power on any of the USB 3 ports), do you have any suggestions? Am I missing something?

In your file, HS12 is not listed, is that an issue?
View attachment 431003

Hi,

Are you sure your PC Case is connected on the F_USB1 on the motherboard like mine ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 3.22.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 3.22.46 PM.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 182
Yes, I opened up the box and made sure it was on the socket to the right. Originally it had been on the left, but I have rebooted it a couple of times since moving it to the right slot.

Everything else has been improved by your SSDT so I'm quite keen to try to get this one broken thing sorted.

Yes, I opened up the box and made sure it was on the socket to the right. Originally it had been on the left, but I have rebooted it a couple of times since moving it to the right slot.

Everything else has been improved by your SSDT so I'm quite keen to try to get this one broken thing sorted.

Could you please try with the latest USBInjectAll just to make sure https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads/
The XHCI3000Injector should not be needed anymore.

Afterwards if it still not work, remove the SSDT, add the USB Port Limit Patch for your OS version and reboot. Now your front USB Ports should work.

Open IORegistryExplorer, search for XHC, click the result "XHC@??" and clear the search field. It's just a quick shortcut to find easily that item when the full list is displayed.

Now connect a USB device into one of your front USB port. A new item below the clicked result should appear in green color. If you disconnect the USB device, it should now display in red. Can you confirm it is really HS12 ?

I attached a sample image I found on the forum to help you understand

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer-SLRID_v10.6.3.zip
    254.5 KB · Views: 191
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 4.11.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 4.11.40 PM.png
    134 KB · Views: 200
Ahhhhhh. I'm slightly blinded by the science here so let me be sure I've got it right. Since I checked and I have the latest USBInjectAll, you would like me to remove your SSDT file, and add this to kernel/kext patches in my Clover Config:

Comment: USB Port limit patch 10.14.5,10.14.6
Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find: 4183ff0f 0f839404 0000
Replace: 4183ff3f 0f839404 0000

This is how my list of patches looks before doing that:
Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 21.28.56.png

And then after that use the linked diagnostics tool to make sure that the USB port has the correct ID. Yes?

I just want to make sure I'm on the same page because it's been months since I did this kind of mucking about and I'm not brimming with confidence.

Ahhhhhh. I'm slightly blinded by the science here so let me be sure I've got it right. Since I checked and I have the latest USBInjectAll, you would like me to remove your SSDT file, and add this to kernel/kext patches in my Clover Config:

Comment: USB Port limit patch 10.14.5,10.14.6
Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find: 4183ff0f 0f839404 0000
Replace: 4183ff3f 0f839404 0000

This is how my list of patches looks before doing that:
View attachment 431021

And then after that use the linked diagnostics tool to make sure that the USB port has the correct ID. Yes?

I just want to make sure I'm on the same page because it's been months since I did this kind of mucking about and I'm not brimming with confidence.

Hi,

Yes the USB patch must be present in Clover configuration.

The USB SSDT must be removed (not present)

USBInjectAll.kext must be present

A reboot is necessary after SSDT removal and after USB Patch added and after adding USBInjectAll. The changes take effect only at boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back