Contribute
Register

(SUCCESS) Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 // i7 7700k // 32GB RAM // MSI 1080TI // Thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm back home.

Seems like I got everything working and I'm at the installation process. Now I only see my USB but not my NVMe SSD in disk utility. So far I read that there are some problems with getting the NVMe right out of the box but I thought that I can at least install on it and need to patch it afterwards but it doesn't seem so.
I'm very sorry for asking such basic questions but I want to learn and improve so that I can help other beginners too.

Just because out of fun I try the installation on a WD 160GB HDD that I've laying around here. If this works I just have to figure out the NVMe problem.

Edit: Holy Moly! I got it working! Installation was a breeze and even on the HDD it took me around 13 Minutes. Now I need to set up MultiBeast. Interestingly enough the Ethernet connection works like a charm!
So NVMe is the next step!
Hope you guys can help me out here. I didn't really get the guide of Rehabman and didn't found a explanation for rookies like me so far.

Last edited:
AlexiDime,
You'll have to read RehabMan's NVMe spoofing guide several times, and it will become familiar on about the third time. I'm not a computer programmer or computer engineer, and I eventually got it. See my Gene build description on how I did it. (Gene link in my signature block.)

thank you Stork! I'll read RehabMan's guide multiple times tomorrow again and of course I was just reading your Gene Build guide when you posted.
I had a long workday and maybe my brain is just drained for today.
Right now I'm tinkering with the OS installation on the HDD. It works so far but Multibeast always fails to install.

BTW your builds were one of the main reasons I started my hackintosh project and sold my Macbook Pro 2015!
I really appreciate your work here on the forum! I hope that I can gain more and more knowledge and contribute to the community like you do. I never thought I would come that far. I mean, hey, I've a running OS Sierra on my screen.

Is sleep/wake working properly?

don't think so, haven't checked it.

I'm still struggling with the HD630 graphics acceleration. The 630 shows up in the "about my mac" but it doesn't work and I'm stuck on the 1900x1080 resolution.
Maybe @Stork has an idea? I followed the https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cpus-200-series-motherboards-in-macos.219877/ guide but somehow it doesn't work.

Edit:
I'm facing a new problem. Didn't use the Hack for a day and today my additional 2x16 Gb Ballistix Ram came. I inserted the ram and then this message appeared:
IMG_1582.JPG

I then shut down the machine put out the ram and tried to start again, then this message appeared:
IMG_1583.JPG

I restarted again and then bios said that it made a bios reset that I didn't initiated.
I set the bios to the settings I had the Hack working before but still, the message on the second screenshot is appearing.
What's most confusing for me: the message happens with both, the HDD and the USB-Drive.

Last edited:
don't think so, haven't checked it.

I'm still struggling with the HD630 graphics acceleration. The 630 shows up in the "about my mac" but it doesn't work and I'm stuck on the 1900x1080 resolution.
Maybe @Stork has an idea? I followed the https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cpus-200-series-motherboards-in-macos.219877/ guide but somehow it doesn't work.

Edit:
I'm facing a new problem. Didn't use the Hack for a day and today my additional 2x16 Gb Ballistix Ram came. I inserted the ram and then this message appeared:
View attachment 265295

I then shut down the machine put out the ram and tried to start again, then this message appeared:
View attachment 265296

I restarted again and then bios said that it made a bios reset that I didn't initiated.
I set the bios to the settings I had the Hack working before but still, the message on the second screenshot is appearing.
What's most confusing for me: the message happens with both, the HDD and the USB-Drive.

The BIOS reset because it detected new hardware (RAM). Did you check all the BIOS settings step by step? You could post screenshots of your BIOS settings if it then still doesn't work.

The BIOS reset because it detected new hardware (RAM). Did you check all the BIOS settings step by step? You could post screenshots of your BIOS settings if it then still doesn't work.

Ah, didn't think about that! Typical beginner mistake.

Hansi, might your share your full BIOS settings due to the fact that we have the same motherboard and most identical parts? It would really help me.

Edit: got it back up running but after around 30-60 this appears on the screen and the PC shuts off.
IMG_1599.JPG

Last edited:
I wanna to install it to Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD (256GB)
But can’t see this harddisk in Disk Utility
Can u please help me

Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 // i7 7700k //

Damm... you guy's are getting a lot further than me! I'm stuck on the first 3 lines of the output of booting the installer:
Code:
OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And it hangs there.

I'm using:
i7 7700k
Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming 7 (updated to latest bios firmware)
64 GB DDR4
500 GB Samsung EVO 960

I followed rehabman's guide, made the patched kext, put it in clover, also added the rewrite that changes _DSM to XDSM, and also compiled the ASM file, basically everything that's in this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

This is what I came up with for the 960 EVO in the slot closest to the CPU (is this what other people are using?):
Code:
// Inject bogus class-code for NVMe SSD to prevent IONVMeFamily.kext from loading
DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "NVMe-Pcc", 0)
{
    External(_SB.PCI0.RP17.PXSX, DeviceObj)
    Method(_SB.PCI0.RP17.PXSX._DSM, 4)
    {
        If (!Arg2) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }
        Return(Package()
        {
            "class-code", Buffer() { 0xff, 0x08, 0x01, 0x00 },
            "built-in", Buffer() { 0 },
        })
    }
}