Contribute
Register

(SUCCESS) Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 // i7 7700k // 32GB RAM // MSI 1080TI // Thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
...2x16GB Ram ... 2x8GB Ram...
To my knowledge, the RAM you use must all be the same - size, type, speed, etc. It can be from different manufacturers, however, typically it is best to be as homogeneous as possible.

EDIT: Some boards do support mismatched-RAM sizes, but usually in specific pairs only, and I would tend to think this would be the exception rather than the rule. Again, use RAM that is the same across all slots to be used.

@AlexiDime : If the Lilu + IntelGraphicsFixup are causing you problems - this is easy enough to figure out. In your Clover setup, move them from Other into another folder (such as "Temp"), and on your system, remove them from L/E.

Otherwise, the mods are going to have a difficult time determining what your real issue is as you've not posted files necessary for proper diagnosis - like your Clover folder, minus theme/UUIDs.

Thank you for your help JCMunsonII. I did a reinstall yesterday because I was out of home and today I did a backup of the updated installation of Sierra so I can skip this step if anything breaks in the future.

The system is running again, USB3 is working ( at least it reads the USB3 sticks, don't know the speed yet ) and Ethernet is running like a charm. Now I have to get graphics running because currently it shows " Intel HD Graphics 630 7MB" and shows my screen as a "projector" where it's a little bit zoomed in so that I can't see the applications bar, Menubar and so on.

I followed the https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cpus-200-series-motherboards-in-macos.219877/ guide and I'm still stuck at the 7mb Graphics
I've attached my clover settings in the .zip (copied the clover folder from system efi and deleted the themes folder due to size, is this correct?)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
@AlexiDime : Ultra-important - "the rules say" - your profile must contain your current system: motherboard, cpu, graphics, etc., for others to be able to adequately help you.

First, your ig-platform-id (for Kaby Lake/200-series) must be: 0x19120000

Second, if you are using a Kaby Lake processor (for Intel 630 graphics), your Fake CPU ID needs to be: 0x0506E3

Third, it seems your Kernel and Kext patches section is not correct (given a Kaby Lake processor & 200-series board), so double-check that.

Also, seems you are missing a few DSDT patches in ACPI section. So, again, double check that.

Let's start there...

Did you re-use a config.plist or use someone else's?

If you have a Kaby Lake processor & 200-series board, I would VERY CAREFULLY follow a Golden Build that mirrors your installation (or is close). It appears your config.plist is NOT correctly set up for such a system (from my ill-educated perspective).

CAVEAT: I am NOT familiar with this particular board that this thread refers to, so some of the things you've got in your config.plist may apply.

If you DO NOT have a Kaby Lake chip and/or 200-series board, in particular what this thread pertains to, then please start your own thread in the proper section and re-attach your clover zip file there.

@JCMunsonII : Oh, I'm very sorry, I updated my profile.

I didn't use any other config.plist than my own.
Could it be that, if I drag and dropped the clover app from my macbook to my usb and then to my Hack that this messes things up?

So the exact steps of my setup were:
after login I dragged Multibeast from my USB to the apps folder, opened it went to quickstart, ticked the UEFI BOOT MODE and hit the build button.
Then I opened Clover app that I had on my used, mounted the USB EFI and copied the clover folder from my USB EFI to the Hack EFI.
I opened the Hack Efi config.plist with clover and added the graphics like in the guide I mentioned above.

So as far as I can tell now I made the big mistake of overwriting the Hack config.plist with the one from my usb?
Is there a way to revert this or do I have to reinstall the system again.
And maybe the clover mistake?

thank you for spending your time helping me here!

Why do you have Clover on your MacBook?

Sounds like you have killed (at least) your Clover installation on your Hack. I would re-do the Clover portion of it from scratch - probably easier than to diagnose/resolve issues.

Did you back up your Clover folder prior to the potential overwrite? If so, restore it and start again.

I had clover on my macbook for preparing the install USB for Sierra. I opened the USB EFI and made the FAKE CPUID. In this case I didn't have to enter it every time I boot with the USB. I've seen this method somewhere here on the forum. Installation worked like a charm with this.

I install Clover now properly on my Hack, should I delete the clover folder of my Hack EFI before doing so?
In the clover installation, do I need to tick something specific? It already has the OsxAptioFixDrv-64 checked and the first two boxes (Install clover in ESP and Install for UEFI mobo).
Does the clover folder get copied to the EFI folder when I use Multibeast the first time or how gets this folder created? I do have copied the original Clover folder from my Hack EFI. What's the best way to start from scratch? I don't want to implement any user errors from the beginning or from my first try.

If your build has nothing on it you need to specifically keep (meaning you haven't used it for anything yet as the install process wasn't quite completed), I would simply re-format the drive as per guide and start completely over - treat it as a fresh install.

Okay, i just try it with copying the original Clover file over to the Hack EFI before just out of curiosity and during nighttime Ill let the reformat/install run if I don't fix it until then.

Why do you mentioned the ig-platform to be 1912000? Isn't this for "iMac17,1" only? My configuration uses the 2013 iMac. Can or should I change to 17,1?

Your SMBIOS is currently set to 14,2. I would leave it that way as 17,1 has its own particulars that require further tweaks. FIRST get your system up-and-running using the most compatible settings, THEN, if you wish to change SMBIOS, go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back