Contribute
Register

(SUCCESS) Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 // i7 7700k // 32GB RAM // MSI 1080TI // Thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the latest drivers from link given... but alas it does NOT fix my audio.
I DO see that the Audio output options now show Front/Rear headphone port, Line out, SPDIF and HDMI audio.

I tried the front/rear headphone port and there was not audio. Also tried HDMI out... and no audio either.
Run MultiBeast v9.1 again, just selecting your audio driver and the 1100 / 200 Series Audio. HDMI audio is not working yet for 200 series motherboards. Post your 200 series HDMI Audio problem in the Audio/HDMI-Audio forum section:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/hdmi-audio.59/

Could anyone provide a guide to get Thunderbolt 3 working on this board? I just can't seem to get it going ... which is frustrating since I have an Apogee Symphony Mkii which I can only use on my MacBook Pro at the moment.
Also some help with NVMe (Samsung 950 Pro) would be awesome.
Thanks!

WoW man, what a beast. I'd like to do something like urs. Must be a very good machine :D

Did you see/read RehabMan's [Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof? Also, I used a SamSung 950 M.2 NVMe SSD in my Gene build; the build description (link in signature block) will give you insight as to what you'll need to do to get it working.
Thank you. I get lost in the forums here whenever I make a new build. I'll go for a few years without changing much and then I basically have to learn everything all over again when it comes time to upgrade.
Any help with thunderbolt 3 on the GA-z270x-Gaming 7 would be appreciated!
Cheers

Run MultiBeast v9.1 again, just selecting your audio driver and the 1100 / 200 Series Audio. HDMI audio is not working yet for 200 series motherboards. Post your 200 series HDMI Audio problem in the Audio/HDMI-Audio forum section:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/hdmi-audio.59/

Hey @Stork ! Thanks for the advice. Can you tell me if I can use Multibeat like you mentionned, AFTER I already used it? Woulnt this change my whole CLOVER folder? Or just the concerned driver section?
I'm still struggling with the SoundCore 3D. I tried installing the VoodooHDA like @IslandSurfCat mentionned a few times but it makes my computer fail at startup (system update un nanoseconds error and then reboots).
I already had to re-install the OS 6 times because of this issue so I'm looking into the 100/200 series driver solution.

Hey @Stork ! Thanks for the advice. Can you tell me if I can use Multibeat like you mentionned, AFTER I already used it? Woulnt this change my whole CLOVER folder? Or just the concerned driver section?...
Yes, that's why I wrote "just selecting". It will add the appropriate config.plist change(s) and/or kexts.

BTW, you need to proof read you post before submitting it. You have multiple spelling errors.

...I'm still struggling with the SoundCore 3D. I tried installing the VoodooHDA like @IslandSurfCat mentionned a few times but it makes my computer fail at startup (system update un nanoseconds error and then reboots).
I already had to re-install the OS 6 times because of this issue so I'm looking into the 100/200 series driver solution.
You can also tried to boot into your installation using the Safe Mode to correct some driver problems. Most of the drivers MultiBeast installs are in the /Library/Extensions/ folder.

To boot with the Safe Mode, hit the keyboard's SpaceBar at the Clover boot screen. Check the box for the Safe Mode boot. Then, click on Boot with Selection (or something like that) which is the 2nd item in the list on that Clover Boot options page.

Once to the Desktop, open the /Library/Extensions/ folder and remove the kexts/drivers you want to replace. Then, run MultiBeast.

Good luck!

BTW, you need to proof read you post before submitting it. You have multiple spelling errors.
Sorry about that. It normally doesn't happen but it's been a long night trying to fix things on the machine. :yawn:

Thank you for the advice, yet again, but I wanted to be sure before to actually do it. The Safe Mode will help me, instead of re-installing the OS again in case of panic.
I will keep you informed of my progress. Apart from that the rest seems to be working so I'm pretty happy for a first build.

Thank you for the advice, yet again, but I wanted to be sure before to actually do it. The Safe Mode will help me, instead of re-installing the OS again in case of panic...
Yes, the Safe Mode can sometimes save you from re-installing.

Guys, I have just built a system using the GA-Z270X Gaming 7 - i7-7700K combination and everything is working great!!

I also experienced some USB issues at first but once I properly installed the latest USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other that problem was resolved and USB keyboard and mouse are working smooth as silk on any port.

For more details on this step see the jktaurus8's guide below and scroll down past the Post Installation section to the USB section and follow the steps there:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...erra-on-200-series-kabylake-processor.218494/

As for audio using the onboard Creative Sound Core 3d simply install the latest VoodoHDA drivers which are at version 2.8.8 as of today and all audio is working great! I just played some Coldplay on the new system to test it out.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

All I have left to do is configure iMessage.

Good Luck!
Hi @IslandSurfCat,
Would you mind sharing your kexts and config.plist? I can't seem to get my ga-z270x-gaming 7 working. Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back