Contribute
Register

(SUCCESS) Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 // i7 7700k // 32GB RAM // MSI 1080TI // Thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audio little trouble
VoodooHDA 289
headphone plugged in "the green line out (rear)" at the back of the Mother Board
Sound works
But Volume UP/DOWN has no effect at all
Any clue ?
In the output tab of the audio prefpane there no "headphone (rear)"
Any clue ?

Thanks in advance

Have you tried a solution from here?

Can someone with working Thunderbolt save and upload a IOReg. Use IORegistryExplorer 2.1 if possible.

Do you still use this motherboard? Is this motherboard full supported?

Have you tried a solution from here?

Can someone with working Thunderbolt save and upload a IOReg. Use IORegistryExplorer 2.1 if possible.

Wern (or anyone else),
Did you every get the Thunderbolt 3 port working? I have an Apogee Symphony Mkii and the only way I've been able to use it with this build (GA-Z270X Gaming 7 7) has been to ...
* plug the Apogee into my MacBook Pro
* wait until it syncs with the Pro
* restart my GA-Z270X Gaming 7 7 build
* quickly unplug the Apogee from the Pro and into the Hackintosh while it's restarting
* leave the GA-Z270X Gaming 7 build on 24/7 while I need to use it with the Apogee.
Kinda frustrating.

Any help whatsoever would be appreciated.
THANK YOU

Wern (or anyone else),
Did you every get the Thunderbolt 3 port working? I have an Apogee Symphony Mkii and the only way I've been able to use it with this build (GA-Z270X Gaming 7 7) has been to ...
* plug the Apogee into my MacBook Pro
* wait until it syncs with the Pro
* restart my GA-Z270X Gaming 7 7 build
* quickly unplug the Apogee from the Pro and into the Hackintosh while it's restarting
* leave the GA-Z270X Gaming 7 build on 24/7 while I need to use it with the Apogee.
Kinda frustrating.

Any help whatsoever would be appreciated.
THANK YOU
No Thunderbolt on my mainboard. But someone (can not remember who) uploaded a IOReg with working Thunderbolt, or at least the driver was loaded. Since he has no sound, I guess that there is a conflict with the audio device resources.

I have an almost identical setup to you (same mb, cpu, ram), and have found that to get around the peculiar USB lag, I had to make sure devices were connected into ports that they seemed 'comfortable' with. As odd as it sounds, through trial and error I found that keyboard and mouse (mine are usb 2) operated best using a usb2 header, a usb3 hub through the usb 3.1 (red) port and external hdd's (usb3) through remaining usb 3 ports. Try swapping them around to see what works best for you. I think it mostly seems to run most comfortably using 'native' usb ports and busses for the device (rather than trying to 'host' a usb2 device on a usb3 bus, or something to that effect).

Conversely, I've been having no end of trouble with getting Thunderbolt comfortably working - I'm running an Antelope Orion Studio that's just not being recognised, despite a fully usable Blackmagic Mini Recorder on Thunderbolt. Is your Networkinterfaces.plist taken from your iMac?

Like you, though, I can use iCloud and iPhoto, but no iMessage - I also tried some of the tutorials, but didn't have success, then stopped prattling around with it through fear of getting my account blacklisted!

R

@archemedies2000 did you ever get your Orion studio working with this build? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back