Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GigaByte H87M-HD3 - Mac OSX 10.8.5 + Dual Boot Win 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Inspired by your build, I've ordered one exactly the like yours, except I added the:

Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 XMP

Everything worked flawless - and I thank for the clear info - except I am now facing a very strange problem

Once every 5 or 6 times waking up from Mavericks sleep mode fails and I hear the MB classic beep beep beep signaling memory failure. Any ideas?

BTW: I used the other Realtek driver (not the one your're pointing, cause it wasn't available) and it worked just fine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have solved my problem. For anyone building this or similar, if you get the wake from sleep failures, enter bios and disable the processor C1E state! (My PSU was not Haswell compatible)

For 887 audio, select only v100302 Current. (not both)

Thanks for your comment. I selected only v100302 but i took wrong screenshot...:rolleyes:

Thanks a lot for your correction. :)

I have solved my problem. For anyone building this or similar, if you get the wake from sleep failures, enter bios and disable the processor C1E state! (My PSU was not Haswell compatible)

Thanks for your comment. I didn't face such a problem, i think just luck, and i didn't know the solution. :)

Thanks a lot again. :thumbup:

After update to 10.9.2 you have to reinstall audio, wi/fi and trim support.

After all, it is a nice working 10.9.2 machine. :)

Dear Nikoskard,

Do you think you could have installed Mavericks using your motherboard and an intel xeon 1230 v3 which is similar to the 4771 but does not have the IGP. Also using the graphics card that you purchased? I know it would be harder install at first but do you foresee any problems doing that with this motherboard? I am thinking about buyingthe motherboard that you purchased and getting the xeon and a Nvidia 630 graphics card.

Thanks. Misscomp

GigaByte H87M-HD3 - Mac OSX 10.8.5 - 10.9.1 + Dual Boot Win 8.1

Components

MotherBoard : GigaByte H87M-HD3
http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-1150-HDMI-Motherboard-GA-H87M-HD3/dp/B00E1JAKQA/

CPU : Intel i5-4570 Haswell Processor with Intel Integrated Graphics - HD4600
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-i5-4570-Quad-Core-Processor-BX80646I54570/dp/B00CO8TA4I/

Ram : 4Gb Kingston

Hdd : Kingston v300 120 Gb SSD

Hdd : Laptop 2.5'' Seagate 320 Gb

Wi-Fi : TP-LINK WN881ND

K/M : Microsoft Wireless 800 Keyboard - Mouse combo

Hi, awesome build! I've actually ordered this exact board but with an i3 4330, did yours work literally OOB with VD-t turned of in BIOS??

Also did that wlan card work well ?? I was gonna go for the TP Link TL-WDN4800 as it's native, but if there's a cheaper option (its £26 (43USD)) here in the UK. Whereas the one you used is only £13!!
Will it definitely work with that kext ??

Thanks,

Jack :)

nikoskard how were you able to set the bios to VT-d disabled when I do not see it in the bios for this board?

I bought the same board and am having trouble getting my install finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back