Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H i7-4770K GTX 650 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I can finally say I have a fully functioning Hackintosh now. My specs are as follows:

• GA-Z97X-UD5H Motherboard
  • 16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz memory
  • NVIDIA GTX 770 4GB
  • SSD x 2 (one for Mavericks, one for Windows 8.1)
  • Corsair carbide case & H80i Water cooler
  • Core-i7 4770K overclocked by 23% to 4.3GHz
  • TP-Link Wireless PCI card (tonymac recommended one)

Installation method:

1. Install Mavericks 10.9.3 via Chimera bootloader, using no flags to get to initial installation, then "-x" for completing the setup
  2. Once installed, reboot and choose SSD. You must boot with "-x" initially to get to the desktop in order to run multibeast and sort everything out. No boot flags results in the white apple logo screen with spinning wheel:beachball:
  3. Once you have gotten to the desktop, run the latest MultiBeast (6.3 at time of writing) and copy OP's multibeast settings apart from audio. You may want to reboot at this time and return to the desktop with -x.

***This is where I end up getting stuck. For some reason, after I am finished with Multibeast, I try to restart and am no longer able to get into Mavericks desktop at all. I have been trying to boot with -x for safe mode through my SSD. It just keeps resetting my computer. Would this be due to some of the settings during Multibeast? Anything will help!

4. Next, go to System/Library/Extensions and delete AppleHDA.kext

Any questions please do not be afraid to ask, I'll help out wherever I can :)
Please see above

Thanks guys, this thread gave me the right hints to make my system work 100%, no issues at all.

I will gladly provide information for anyone with a problem regarding some of the used components in my setup. :)

Dual Boot Windows 8.1 & Mavericks 10.9.4

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H (BIOS F7)
Intel Core i7 4790K 4x 4.00GHz
32GB (4x 8GB) G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked @ 3GB VRAM
240GB Crucial M500 2.5" SSD (for both OS's and their main applications)

Geekbench 3 Score (@64Bit run): 4661 (Single-Core) / 18238 (Multi-Core)

I am really pleased with this setup, I used the buyers guide to get my base information for my purchase - so thanks to tonymacx86 :)
Now I'll maybe try to OC it a little bit, but that is just playing around.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2014-08-09 um 23.44.53.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2014-08-09 um 23.44.53.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 223
  • Bildschirmfoto 2014-08-09 um 23.46.20.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2014-08-09 um 23.46.20.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 279
Could you post what options you selected from Multibeast, installed kexts, etc? My system has a couple of lingering issue that I haven't been able to figure out. For example, the USB3 connection sometimes stop working.

Hey guys,

I'm not able to successfully boot OSX unless I'm in safe mode. I followed Labrat01's instructions, but I'm still not having any luck. I'm about to just bite the bullet and buy another mother board, it seems like the Z97X isn't quite ready for prime time. That being said, if anyone can help me out, I'd love to avoid the hassle of replacing the mother board. My system specs are below. Thanks!

Intel core i7 4770k
Samsung 840 EVO SSD
CORSAIR RM 650 power supply
GeForce GTX 780
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H motherboard

Hey guys,

I'm not able to successfully boot OSX unless I'm in safe mode. I followed Labrat01's instructions, but I'm still not having any luck. I'm about to just bite the bullet and buy another mother board, it seems like the Z97X isn't quite ready for prime time. That being said, if anyone can help me out, I'd love to avoid the hassle of replacing the mother board. My system specs are below. Thanks!

Intel core i7 4770k
Samsung 840 EVO SSD
GeForce GTX 780

The fact that you have to be in safemode implies an issue with your installed kexts. Maybe if you provided a screenshot of your system with verbose boot enabled we might be able to figure out what the issue is?

Please help with audio in z97x-UD3H / clover. From MultiBeast cant setup, cause I have not chamelion
In aida64 report I have ALC1150 but in my DPCIManager:
Снимок экрана 2014-08-12.png

Hey guys,

Intel core i7 4770k
Samsung 840 EVO SSD
GeForce GTX 780

In BIOS (UEFI) make disable internal graphics + disable all graphic injects in bootloader + if not enough disable VT-D

Just managed to get mine working...huge thanks to Palagius ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...z97x-ud5h-i7-4790k-32gb-gtx-760-10-9-4-a.html )
and
Labrat01 (
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ud5h-i7-4770k-gtx-650-build-3.html#post821890 )

Edit: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H owners, pls do upgrade your bios to F8 first before begin.

My build are similar to Palagius,
I did the following:
1. Configure bios settings:
[Set to Boot from USB]
Load Optimizer -> Yes
VT-d ->Disabled
internal graphic ->Disabled

xHCI mode ->AUTO
xHCI Hand-off ->Enabled
EHCI Hand-off ->Enabled
Integrated Lan controller -> Disabled

Wake on Lan ->Disabled
XMP Profile -> Profile1

2. Boot from USB, and follow disk utility + Mavericks setup instruction with no flags (http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibea...-based-pc.html )
3. After setup successful, it will ask for restart. Next, for Mavericks installation,
boot with flags: -x
GraphicsEnabler=No
4. Complete Mavericks installation (skip setup wifi, etc. just complete setup).
5. Run Multibeast and you can follow OP's multibeast configuration. (At Customise window, remember to Un-Check the "
GenerateCStates" and "GeneratePStates"). Finally install and reboot pc.
6. Next, just boot with flags: -x
7. Run Terminal, and sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
8. Download KextBeast from tonymacx86.com and run it to rebuild /System/Library/Extensions/
9. Reboot and do a normal boot without flags.
10. Viola, that's how i did it.

Optional: you can still follow labrat01's instructions (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ud5h-i7-4770k-gtx-650-build-3.html#post821890) to speed up the boot time.

Hope my simple instructions above can help :)
Most importantly don't give up and keep trying. I managed to get my hackintosh working on third attempt. :headbang:

Just managed to get mine working...
VT-d ->Disabled

I can't seem to find the VT-d option in the bios settings, do you know if it's ever referred to by a different name? I'll try your steps tonight. Thanks for the help!

I can't seem to find the VT-d option in the bios settings, do you know if it's ever referred to by a different name? I'll try your steps tonight. Thanks for the help!

Hi ddawson3d,

Go to Bios advanced settings, the VT-D is under "Bios Features".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back