My system:
GA-UD5H-Z97
Intel I-7 4970
16 GB RAM
Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570

Install stick with a 10.9.4 on it...

Intallation process:
BIOS: VT-D and internal GPU deactivated.
Because the GPU is installed I had to use -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes to get it installed.

I can only boot with those 3 flags. otherwise it will fail... Blackscreen or Kernel Panic or AGPM unknown platform (because of the GPU I guess....)

Can someone tell me what to do? The GPU Driver is not installed at all =(

Hello everyone

My system:
GA-UD5H-Z97
Intel I-7 4970
16 GB RAM
Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570

Install stick with a 10.9.4 on it...

Intallation process:
BIOS: VT-D and internal GPU deactivated.
Because the GPU is installed I had to use -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes to get it installed.

I can only boot with those 3 flags. otherwise it will fail... Blackscreen or Kernel Panic or AGPM unknown platform (because of the GPU I guess....)

Can someone tell me what to do? The GPU Driver is not installed at all =(

Your best bet would be to get a 600/700 series card. Problems as far as I can see date back to OSX 10.6 where the GTX 570 and 580 were not supported. Might as well sell your card and upgrade.

Boot with your UniBeast USB Thumb drive using GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Thx for the help, I made it somehow with your guide (without the GTX 570) http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ifi-using-hd4600-no-graphics-card-needed.html

Sound is not working at all I need to fix that. After that I will backup the whole system and afterwards I try to add the card... any help would be appreciated :rolleyes: Do I need the new Nvidia Web drivers or can I get it running without? (What about Cuda? :crazy:)

greeting =D

The installation is much easier with MultiBeast for Mavericks 6.5.0. I updated my Guide today, and tested. I still can't wake up from sleep, but that, too, will be fixed soon (I hope).

With respect to your using your GTX 570, you'll need the GraphicsEnabler=Yes with MultiBeast. Then, reboot into the BIOS and change the video from IGFX to PCIe Slot 1. Shut down and put in your 570. Upon booting, I'd boot into the BIOS to see that you've got the BIOS on the screen from the 570. Then, try to boot into Mavericks.

I don't know about CUDA, etc, since I've never used it with my nVidia cards.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Working :thumbup:

Thank you :clap:. I run 10.9.4 (and I think I will skip 10.9.5 :mrgreen:)

Sleep is working but sound dies after wakeup (got a solution for that but not yet tried). However do you think I will ever be able to get the 5.1 onboard working? It is a Realtek ALC1150 (the Multibeast ALC1150 is NOT working :roll2:) I used the VoodooHDA 2.8.4 and the sound is coming from the orange out :crazy:.

Hey there everyone
I just bought a brand new pc to build my very first hackintosh, but got some problems
Followed the steps here http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html until the booting with the usb (made two bootable, an 8gb and a 16gb)
but when i reach the chimera boot screen, select the usb... right there i get stuck with the apple logo with the loading thing
y restarted the pc and got a "denied" pic over the apple logo
can anybody help me pls!!
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I have the Gigabyte mainboard GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
an i5 cpu, and 1 ram of 8gb
pls anyone?

I did a clean install of Yosemite using Unibeast 5.0 and Multicast 7.0. A little early to tell if everything works, but for now deep sleep crashes the system, and it does not recover easily from that. I also do not have Messages (neither FileNVRAM-1.1.2 or FileNVRAM-1.1.3 work and crash the boot process - a known issue I think.) I have sound, but no HDMI sound or a stable HDMI picture from the built in HDMI Port, HDMI Picture OK from the 640, but no sound there either.

Bios setting used were Memory Setting to Profile 1 and VT-d disabled (because I have a non k Haswell.) In Multibeast, I used the DTST Free defaults (but urned off Generate CPU States in Customization) ALC1150 Audio, Trim for 10.10.0 and Intel V3.0.4.1a Ethernet. I did not try the Extreme driver for ethernet.

So it is not completely stable but i do have a usable system. For now I will turn-off sleep and wait for an iMessage fix

Build: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H i5-4690, dual GTX 640 for dual Dell 30" 3007s, 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR3

Hi,

I've seen that you was able to install Mac Os X on a build with GA Z97X-UD5H.
How did you do? Did you add specific DSDT files?
What is your multibeast configuration?

My computer is a:

GA-Z97X-UD5H
INTEL Core i7-4790K - 4 GHz
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Corsair RM650
500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 SATA

After a multibeast modification it stops to boot.

Thanks,

Niccolò

Hi all,
This is just a very quick post to help others reading this thread by share my build.

System
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK Rev 1.0 | Yosemite

CPU
Intel 4790K (not overclocked)

Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600

Other Hardware
32GB G.SKILL TridentX 2400MHZ
Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB
Corsair H105 Water Cooler
Corsair RM750 PSU
NZXT H440
Targus Bluetooth USB dongle (BCM20702A3) http://targus.com/au/product_details.asp?sku=ACB75AU
Apple Wireless Trackpad
Apple Wired Keyboard

Switches used to boot during installation:
-v maxmem=8192

MultiBeast settings
Note: Do not install, Generate P and C states or USB Universal
Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 1.54.59 am.png

Conclusion
Seems to be very stable, sleep works with the exception of after sleep sound does not work. Used Reset Audio to restore audio after sleep

For audio fix, im using the Reset Audio application.
You can find it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back