Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

-Initial Display Output is set to PCIe 1 Slot.
-i used the conifg-AMD-GPU.plist
Please compress and post the entire OpenCore EFI folder, but remove serial numbers from PlatformInfo -> DataHub

Please compress and post the entire OpenCore EFI folder, but remove serial numbers from PlatformInfo -> DataHub
The EFI Folder is to big to upload. Even a 2,5MB is to big to upload. Is there another possibility to upload the file?

The EFI Folder is to big to upload. Even a 2,5MB is to big to upload. Is there another possibility to upload the file?
I don't know why or when this file upload restriction went into effect, but for now just post your config.plist with serial numbers removed from PlatformInfo -> DataHub.

The EFI Folder is to big to upload
If your folder is too big to upload then there is something wrong with it.

You might expand it and take a screenshot and we may be able to give you some idea what is wrong with it.

I don't know why or when this file upload restriction went into effect, but for now just post your config.plist with serial numbers removed from PlatformInfo -> DataHub.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 13
@Huxlay,

I would suggest making 3 changes to config.plist as shown in the 3 screenshots. Then reboot, press F12 and select the USB flash disk, then start macOS installer from OpenCore boot picker.
Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 12.48.03 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 12.48.09 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 12.48.14 PM.png

AppleALC is not running. Please open your config.plist in OpenCore Configurator and post screenshot of the Kernel page. Before taking the screenshot, resize window so everything is visible, like this:
Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 10.05.37.png

Her there is the screenshot, how can you see AppleAlc is enabled

@CaseySJ
I solved the problem updating to the last version of AppleAlc 1.8.9

If your folder is too big to upload then there is something wrong with it.

You might expand it and take a screenshot and we may be able to give you some idea what is wrong with it.
Just an FYI, I trie duploading a typical EFI folder and got the same message, I tried deleting the Resources folder within the EFI to reduce the size, same issue. I'm going to venture something is up with the site.

Last edited:
@Huxlay,

I would suggest making 3 changes to config.plist as shown in the 3 screenshots. Then reboot, press F12 and select the USB flash disk, then start macOS installer from OpenCore boot picker.
View attachment 578640 View attachment 578639View attachment 578638
Hi again,

i changed the config but still the same problem, after i boot F12 OpenCore and start Install BigSur after the fourth restart the monitor turns black, i tried verbose mode and normal mode, now i see those magenta colored lines on the code or the apple logo screen.

On the first try i had the monitor connected via Display Port after i selected boot from USB Install OSX the monitor turns black on the first attempt. I changed to HDMI and now the install runs without hickups until fourth restart.

Back