Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Anything past F9i (BIOS) has non working USB on the two Thunderbolt ports.

As for your KP message, I guess you have to clean the logs. You could use Onyx also.
Oh really, I thought that it was only USB2 that had been left off to keep the total number of ports within limit. I thought 3 would still work. In fact I did get it work. I can boot my old mojave partition with it, I just can't get it to work in Ventura.

Bad to worse, lol. I found a vid with advice to fix the system reboot bug and deleted my diagnostic logs. Then i rebooted and can’t get it to boot the EFI, not from either my main drive or my USB thumb. Nor my old Mojave partitions. Those get me as far the log in screen (occasionally, but generally crash on the log in screen or tell me my library is damaged). They’re all on different drives so it can’t be the EFI… Think i picked the wrong day to fiddle with my USB, starting to think that was a cable issue anyway. Sheesh. Somehow I’ve borked BIOS
Do you, at least, see the boot menu of OC or nothing shows at all? If OC picker shows, obvious Nvram reset then « Shift » + boot OS (safe mode).

Oh really, I thought that it was only USB2 that had been left off to keep the total number of ports within limit. I thought 3 would still work. In fact I did get it work. I can boot my old mojave partition with it, I just can't get it to work in Ventura.
Maybe you are right, that USB2 isn’t activated on the rear ports but I can’t tell as I rarely use them, only for USB-C (3.2 gen 2 aka 10gbps) hard drives.

Do you, at least, see the boot menu of OC or nothing shows at all? If OC picker shows, obvious Nvram reset then « Shift » + boot OS (safe mode).
Apologies, dirty deleted and edited as I realised i’d dragged my config.plist out of place, was using the wrong USB thumb and jigged my BIOS settings trying to get those drives going, messing them up for my old drives running Mojave. Had to take a break then it was obvious. Sorry, I think the red mist had taken over

Hi there!

I am running Sonoma 14.2.1, OC0.9.7, Intel Wifi and BT, Bios F9i, and iMac19,1 profile on a Phanteks Evolv X. I have used @CaseySJ latest miniguide's EFI when I was in Ventura and I upgraded using HackinDROM. I was running for years with USBInjectAll-076.kext without any proper mapping without any problem. I have noticed probably after upgrading to Sonoma that my USB3 devices (thumb drivers) where not recognized. I used corpnewt/USBMap and created a map kext. However still the type-c ports (front and back) are not working even after applying the GenericUSBXHCI.kext tip. Can someone share their mapping kext? I attach my config.plist and USBMap Info.plist for reference. Thanks!

Attachments

• Info.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 9
  • config.plist
    35.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hi there!

I am running Sonoma 14.2.1, OC0.9.7, Intel Wifi and BT, Bios F9i, and iMac19,1 profile on a Phanteks Evolv X. I have used @CaseySJ latest miniguide's EFI when I was in Ventura and I upgraded using HackinDROM. I was running for years with USBInjectAll-076.kext without any proper mapping without any problem. I have noticed probably after upgrading to Sonoma that my USB3 devices (thumb drivers) were not recognized. I used corpnewt/USBMap and created a map kext. However still the type-c ports (front and back) are not working even after applying the GenericUSBXHCI.kext tip. Can someone share their mapping kext? I attach my config.plist and USBMap Info.plist for reference. Thanks!
We continue to experience issues with USB 3 devices connected to Type C ports on the Designare Z390. Have you tried plugging in a USB 3 flash drive, then unplugging it, then plugging it back in?

Everything went well except that I do not have any audio from the Line Out/Front Speaker Out.

This is affected by AppleALC layout-id. We use the boot argument alcid=x where x is typically 11.
Sorry for the late feedback, my boot argument is indeed alcid=11 but it does not work.
Should I try a different number ? If so, what is the range ?
Thanks.

Just attached my USBPort.kext with all the port mapped (including back and front USB-C), Mobo: Asus Z390-A Prime.
I thought there was a 15 port limit on the OS side. Have you removed USB2 functionality from USB-C? Not that I needed it but I just didn't think it was possible to utilise all ports fully. I have quite a few hubs and just trying to ascertain my level of flexibility.

So, I RTFM again :crazy:.
Looks like I do not have the right layout ID for my system.
There are some weird things that happened to my system after the Sonoma update.
I must confess that I am a bit rusty/lazy regarding my hackintosh, everything has been made so easy lately.
Anyway, I don't really understand where the problem is because everything seems correct to me.

Here is my IORegistry if someone can confirm that my layout is incorrect, this could be helpful.
Thanks.

Attachments

• layout .png
    layout .png
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Back