Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Can you send a link to get all the latest BIOS settings? The guide is very complete and well done, but, being from 2018, it is missing some corrections that you have made over the years (such as VT-D for example). Thanx!
The BIOS settings in Post 1 are still correct, but they do say VT-d is optional, which is not quite true for enabling AppleVTD. I’ll make that change soon.

Last edited:
Low power RX580 patch? Curious? I have an RX580 in my other hack…

***Edit: this? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...700k-amd-rx-580.316533/page-3477#post-2302086
Yes! Thanks if you can share a working one. Mine (the one you were pointing to) doesn't work anymore, and that one didn't require the DAGPM kext. My RX580 use to use an average of ~30W with no open apps, but now uses ~75W with no open apps. When I tried to use a new "mattystonnie" one from his thread, the accompanying DAGPM kext is unable to load in OpenCore.

Attachments

• SSDT-RX580_Slot1.aml
    719 bytes · Views: 29
  • SSDT-RX580-mattystonnie.aml
    715 bytes · Views: 7
  • DAGPM.kext.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 6
  • config.plist.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 9
  • EFI OC 097 MP7,1.zip
    44.3 MB · Views: 12
Yes! Thanks if you can share a working one. Mine (the one you were pointing to) doesn't work anymore, and that one didn't require the DAGPM kext. My RX580 use to use an average of ~30W with no open apps, but now uses ~75W with no open apps. When I tried to use a new "mattystonnie" one from his thread, the accompanying DAGPM kext is unable to load in OpenCore.
Thanks for the answer. However, I’ve checked the power consumption of my Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX580 at idle: 30 watts! I assume that I don’t need the patch as my dGPU is already running fine.

Without even knowing, I‘ve used the method found here: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little...pecific-amd-framebuffers-via-deviceproperties.

BTW, it’s the dGPU in my Dell XPS 8930 running Ventura and Big Sur.

**Also suggested by @mattystonnie here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/amd-radeon-performance-enhanced-ssdt.296555/page-37#post-2114900

Last edited:
@jiffyslot , in case it could help with your RX 580.

My devices properties in OpenCore:

Code:
<key>DeviceProperties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Add</key>
            <dict>
                <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
                <dict>
                    <key>@0,AAPL,boot-display</key>
                    <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                    <key>@0,name</key>
                    <string>ATY,Orinoco</string>
                    <key>@1,name</key>
                    <key>@2,name</key>
                    <key>@3,name</key>
                    <key>@4,name</key>
                    <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                    <string>Internal@0,1,0/0,0</string>
                    <key>ATY,EFIVersion</key>
                    <data>MDEuMDEuMTgz</data>
                    <key>ATY,EFIVersionB</key>
                    <data>MTEzLUM5NDRBMVhULTAxNA==</data>
                    <key>ATY,Rom#</key>
                    <data>MTEzLTJFMzQ3MFUuUzVY</data>
                    <key>PP_BootupDisplaySate</key>
                    <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                    <key>PP_PowerPlayEnabled</key>
                    <data>AQAAAA==</data>

My Dell XPS 8930 running latest Ventura as an iMacPro1,1 (WhateverGreen must be used too in my case if I want to watch the Movies I bought on iTunes - TV):

Capture d’écran, le 2024-01-17 à 21.06.12.png
Capture d’écran, le 2024-01-17 à 21.07.32.png

***Edit: however, after a BaseMark GPU bench ( https://www.basemark.com/benchmarks/basemark-gpu/ ), power consumption stays in the 47-48 watts at idle until the computer sleeps, then it falls back at 28-30 watts idle after wake, strange! LuxMark bench (OpenCL) isn't impacted...

****Edit 2: at first boot up, in Big Sur or Ventura, idle consumption is in the 47-48 watts... until on sleep cycle had been made, quite weird! I think I'll try your SSDT's!

*****Edit 3: in fact, the SSDT's attached to your post contains almost the same device properties I entered in my config.plist?
I'm puzzled! Maybe some PowerPlay custom tables following would help: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little...adeon_Tweaks#method-2b-using-powerplay-tables

Oh well, injecting Orinoco framebuffer doesn't work anymore in Ventura...???

Last edited:

@CaseySJ

On installing Sonoma I installed kext to use Intel wi-fi as instructed and it worked. In the last two days wi-fi cannot be enabled. I re-downloaded and re-installed the kext and checked the config.plist settings. Re-booted and still no wi-fi. I am using ethernet connection but this is irritating.
Don't know what happened.

@CaseySJ

On installing Sonoma I installed kext to use Intel wi-fi as instructed and it worked. In the last two days wi-fi cannot be enabled. I re-downloaded and re-installed the kext and checked the config.plist settings. Re-booted and still no wi-fi. I am using ethernet connection but this is irritating.
Don't know what happened.
I experienced exactly the same thing on my Z390 Designare. Unfortunately I have still not found a solution. I may try replacing the CNVi module with a newer Intel WiFi 6 module (AX100 or newer).

I experienced exactly the same thing on my Z390 Designare. Unfortunately I have still not found a solution. I may try replacing the CNVi module with a newer Intel WiFi 6 module (AX100 or newer).

WiFi 6E AX210 NGW WiFi Card​

Would this one work?
If so out of the box?

Last edited:
Hello,

I am experiencing a very strange behaviour. I am running 14.2.1 with Intel Wireless and suddenly all my thumb drives do not show up in diskutil when connecting them in any port or hub. All the other devices work (external audio card, mouse, camera, keyboard etc). Is this something that you have experienced? My config.plist is the one from the thread upgraded to the latest OpenCore using HackinDROM. Any ideas are really appreciated!

update1: Turns out that all my usb thumb drives are USB3 ones (different types). All the devices that work are USB2 devices. I am using the 'OpenCore 0.9.2 Mini-Guide' EFI from this guide upgraded with HackinDROM. The only change to that is that I am using the Intel Wifi (AirportItlwm) and Intel Bluetooth based on the @CaseySJ guide.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen these issues with memory and PCI cards? I have tried using RestrictEvents.kext, I have also tried Fixing MacPro7,1 Memory Errors using the dortania guide to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated. :thumbup:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 19.37.31.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 19.37.31.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 36
Back