Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Presonus Universal Control 3.5.2 worked! Hurray!

I am now thinking maybe the Sonoma update disabled the system extension (it required special approval when installing just now). I was so focused on EFIs and BIOS settings that I overlooked a driver issue. What a wild ride...

Thanks to everyone for the help, especially @brousseau6933

:)

Regarding BIOS parameters:
  • VT-d -> Enabled
  • CSM Support -> Disabled
Can you send a link to get all the latest BIOS settings? The guide is very complete and well done, but, being from 2018, it is missing some corrections that you have made over the years (such as VT-D for example). Thanx!

Presonus Universal Control 3.5.2 worked! Hurray!

I am now thinking maybe the Sonoma update disabled the system extension (it required special approval when installing just now). I was so focused on EFIs and BIOS settings that I overlooked a driver issue. What a wild ride...

Thanks to everyone for the help, especially @brousseau6933

:)
Weird! I was sure, looking at the post by @jiffyslot , that you were doomed ;)

@fvlasie ,

Supported PreSonus Hardware Products:

Universal Control 4.2.0 released on Oct 17, 2023, supports macOS 14 Sonoma. It can be downloaded here or from your MyPreSonus account.

Universal Control 4.2.0 includes support for:

• Quantum Series
    • Quantum
    • Quantum 2
    • Quantum 4848
    • Quantum 2626
    • Please see this video for installing Quantum on any supported version of Mac OS X.

@fvlasie ,

Supported PreSonus Hardware Products:

Universal Control 4.2.0 released on Oct 17, 2023, supports macOS 14 Sonoma. It can be downloaded here or from your MyPreSonus account.

Universal Control 4.2.0 includes support for:

• Quantum Series
    • Quantum
    • Quantum 2
    • Quantum 4848
    • Quantum 2626
    • Please see this video for installing Quantum on any supported version of Mac OS X.
Thank you! I should try 4.2.0 again once I pluck up some courage. :) That is the version I was on but maybe the install had a permissions problem or something.

Thank you! I should try 4.2.0 again once I pluck up some courage. :) That is the version I was on but maybe the install had a permissions problem or something.
Sonoma is not yet supported.

Save your projects and any special settings you need (and maybe any databases?) to a separate drive and run the "Uninstall Resolve" app.

Shut down the hack, restart and reinstall your software, following whatever prompts you get while reinstalling Resolve. Just to make sure, are you using the correct disk format on your media/database drives? MacOS Extended, right? Avoid using NTFS media drives and mounting schemes with MacOS.
Thank you for your reply! You've shown me the way...

Problem SOLVED!

I renamed internal disks (= choose anything different from a disk name starting with Macintosh HDxxx)==> folders became immediately visible in Media Page of DaVinci Resolve

How strange...

Last edited:
Can you send a link to get all the latest BIOS settings? The guide is very complete and well done, but, being from 2018, it is missing some corrections that you have made over the years (such as VT-D for example). Thanx!
I posted a bunch of these earlier in this thread, but you should start at page 1. Everything is there, except for the low-power RX580 patch.

Back