Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Although the OCLP patch works, it will not allow Carbon Copy Cloner to make a bootable backup because “APFS Replication” will fail.

I have personally had mixed results. It works on my Z690-I mini-ITX build but stopped working on my Designare Z390 for some reason.

I have switched to Intel WiFi on Sonoma.
Is it easy to switch to intel wifi? I'm still on 13.6.3.

Is it easy to switch to intel wifi? I'm still on 13.6.3.
Yes I think it's quite straightforward. Please see the section Enabling Intel WiFi in this post:

Thanks for the feedback. Over the last several days I have tried different BIOSs (f9i, f9j, and f9) and EFI configurations. Everything else is fine but my Thunderbolt ports will not come back up. I have an Presonus Quantum audio interface that flashes a blue light when connecting to the computer. I notice the light flashes blue a few times early on in the startup process so it seems the hardware itself is fine. I am not sure what to try next...

Thank you for your help
Well, not good news. I hope your TB chip isn’t busted. Keep us informed on your progress. Did it stopped working suddenly without prior warning?

Well, not good news. I hope your TB chip isn’t busted. Keep us informed on your progress. Did it stopped working suddenly without prior warning?
Yes that does seem to be the case, that it stopped without warning. :(

… or the Quantum is dying? Anything appears in system info regarding Thunderbolt bus ? Could you try a Windows install to confirm that Thunderbolt is indeed busted?

I had my Quantum 2626 not recognized lately as I tried the latest UC driver. Back on the older 3.5.2 instead of the 4.2.0.

Poke around this thread for my long-winded advice regarding the setup and care of using a UAD Apollo 8. There's a bit to it. Don't flash anything and don't go beyond F9i if you need to keep hotswap/powerswap with your device. Be sure of the location of the EFI that's being read at boot.

Hi ,

I plan to add TB to my Z490 MB, for connecting a UAD Apollo Quad on Ventura

At this time sellers have GC Maple ridge - GC Titan ridge seems discontinued
Should I go with Maple ridge or better is finding a second hand Titan Ridge ?

Tanks !

GC-Titan Ridge is discontinued, but is the only card we can make to fully work as native Thunderbolt in a hackintosh. Good luck finding one (v.1 or v.2 does not matter). Do NOT go for Maple Ridge.

… or the Quantum is dying? Anything appears in system info regarding Thunderbolt bus ? Could you try a Windows install to confirm that Thunderbolt is indeed busted?

I had my Quantum 2626 not recognized lately as I tried the latest UC driver. Back on the older 3.5.2 instead of the 4.2.0.
My Quantum is fine on other machines. Let me try the 3.5.2 driver...I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the help!

Sorry for the bad news but my Thunderbolt stopped working again...this time setting Boot Once does not fix it. I am not sure why. I am using the same EFI settings. Could the latest Sonoma 14.2.1 update caused an issue? Thank you!

Attachments

• You're running Sonoma.png
    You're running Sonoma.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 15
Back