Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Yes, it does not work in Big Sur and older versions of macOS. Please use an older version that I posted here:
Thank you, and sorry I should have found that

Changing just the product name can be hit-or-miss. Feel free to try -- you may encounter AppleID warnings/errors. But if you change both product name and serial numbers, it may be necessary to re-license applications because this is the equivalent of a new/different computer.
A lot of apps rely on SMUUID instead. Just a hint… Obviously, not in the case of Apple :). It worked for me going from an iMac14,1 SMBIOS (old Dell Optiplex 9020 DAW) to my iMacPro1,1 Designare.

I kept the same SMUUID and most of my software didn’t need to be re-authorized (Native Instruments, IK Multimedia, a lot of plugins…etc…).

Yes, it does not work in Big Sur and older versions of macOS. Please use an older version that I posted here:
One last question for now. I really tried to hold off asking more questions, spend more time trying to work it out but struggling to identify options... I tried setting up a Ventura install drive following the guide you linked, just substituting Monterey for Ventura in the terminal command, drive name etc. That wouldn't boot so I tried to get the Monterey installer to work instead. I tried to boot the USB installer directly, then from my existing clover picker, then I placed the OC configured EFI on the EFI partition of the USB install drive, booted into OC picker and the system just reboots or hangs when I click the installer. Finally I tried booting from a separate flash drive with OC EFI and picking the installer from there and finally got the message: [OCB: StartImage Failed - Aborted]. Seems I am stuck again.

Last edited:
A lot of apps rely on SMUUID instead. Just a hint… Obviously, not in the case of Apple :). It worked for me going from an iMac14,1 SMBIOS (old Dell Optiplex 9020 DAW) to my iMacPro1,1 Designare.

I kept the same SMUUID and most of my software didn’t need to be re-authorized (Native Instruments, IK Multimedia, a lot of plugins…etc…).
Thanks a lot for the info! I run mine as an audio workstation as well so that's really helpful to know :)

One last question for now. I really tried to hold off asking more questions, spend more time trying to work it out but struggling to identify options... I tried setting up a Ventura install drive following the guide you linked, just substituting Monterey for Ventura in the terminal command, drive name etc. That wouldn't boot so I tried to get the Monterey installer to work instead. I tried to boot the USB installer directly, then from my existing clover picker, then I placed the OC configured EFI on the EFI partition of the USB install drive, booted into OC picker and the system just reboots or hangs when I click the installer. Finally I tried booting from a separate flash drive with OC EFI and picking the installer from there and finally got the message: [OCB: StartImage Failed - Aborted]. Seems I am stuck again.
don't forget to reset nvram

Changing just the product name can be hit-or-miss. Feel free to try -- you may encounter AppleID warnings/errors. But if you change both product name and serial numbers, it may be necessary to re-license applications because this is the equivalent of a new/different computer.
I changed the product name with no issues. However, I got a memory misconfigured notification when I rebooted. Also, netflix still didn't work (asking for sliverlight plugin), and although Disney+ started working in safari I decided it wasn't worht it and went back to iMac19,1 as that matches my CPU better.

So this was moved to drivers right? If selecting inside the picker how can I boot from installer? Should I be launching OC from dedicated separate EFI disk, running nvram from the picker forcing a reboot and then selecting the installer on second launch? Sorry, everything seems to have shifted, I’m out of touch and confused

Last edited:
So this was moved to drivers right? If selecting inside the picker how can I boot from installer? Should I be launching OC from dedicated separate EFI disk, running nvram from the picker forcing a reboot and then selecting the installer on second launch? Sorry, everything seems to have shifted, I’m out of touch and confused
boot from whatever media you are using and use reset nvram from there

I found it, wasn’t expecting this to appear besides the drives. What a plonker.

Still doesn’t boot the launcher. Let me try a few things

boot from whatever media you are using and use reset nvram from therethe issue

As suspected and confirmed by your comment above, resetting nvram from OC instead of old method doesn’t help. I think this must have something to do with how i am booting.

Should i boot into the install drive directly (if so should i place the OC EFI on the install flash drive?) or should I boot into the OC picker via a different drive (tried both as it goes)? Or something else.

Attachments

• 380A1C82-9ED0-4DC5-8855-649AC6A1BF8E.jpeg
    380A1C82-9ED0-4DC5-8855-649AC6A1BF8E.jpeg
    719.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back