Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Maybe compress and post your non working 0.7.5 EFI so we could take a look (and even try to boot our Designare’s with it to see where it hangs).
Here's my EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7 MB · Views: 5
what update guide are you referring to? Post 1 is Mojave install, I am already on 10.14.6
Screenshot 2023-12-10 165458.jpg

Many thanks!

I found another update thread using OC 0.83 and got a fraction further. I see no error though still a hang:

I'm wondering if I should update BIOS but wary as the system is stable in Mojave with Clover. Don't want to mess up my backup system. I'm on F9b

Apologies for posting this twice, just wanted to keep the replies live

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    44 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7016.jpg
    IMG_7016.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Many thanks!

I found another update thread using OC 0.83 and got a fraction further. I see no error though still a hang:

I'm wondering if I should update BIOS but wary as the system is stable in Mojave with Clover. Don't want to mess up my backup system. I'm on F9b

Apologies for posting this twice, just wanted to keep the replies live
from post 1:

URGENT: Please avoid Clover 5123 and newer for the time being.
Do not use BIOS F9j because of random freezes in Big Sur and problems with Thunderbolt.
10 Dec 2021: The new F9 'capsule' BIOS has not been tested and should be avoided at this time.

and scroll further down to the spoilers for the mini guides section as per the image above

That is strange. I did define it in OC config. Don't know why it didn't take. I found another update thread using OC 0.83 and got a fraction further. I see no error though still a hang:

You need to change SecureBootModel to "Disabled" to boot Mojave and Catalina.

from post 1:

URGENT: Please avoid Clover 5123 and newer for the time being.
Do not use BIOS F9j because of random freezes in Big Sur and problems with Thunderbolt.
10 Dec 2021: The new F9 'capsule' BIOS has not been tested and should be avoided at this time.

and scroll further down to the spoilers for the mini guides section as per the image above
I've been on F9b for years with no issues, am on Clover 5.27.0 but not sure how that is relevant when I'm making an OC boot loader in its place. I used the mini guides to create the shared EFI

I've been on F9b for years with no issues, am on Clover 5.27.0 but not sure how that is relevant when I'm making an OC boot loader in its place. I used the mini guides to create the shared EFI
So, does it work now?

So, does it work now?

Hiya. Sorry if I've been bombarding the thread but I'm quite perplexed. From the guides the last 2 options for OC updates are 0.9.1 & 0.9.2 Both of these have OC Validate requirements not supported by the recommended version of OC configure, says I need OC 0.9.7 compatability. Installing a later version of OC config doesn't solve the problem obvs as its OC itself I need to update. Problem is the EFI folder is presenting the limit of 0.9.2 and I can't upgrade with Hackindrom from below Catalina it seems. So, the choice to try and install 0.8.3 but when I run it I just get the attached with a verbose boot. Same with other installs further down the list. Am I missing something here? Have updated BIOS to F9i and the only significant difference in my build is an I9 processor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_7016.jpg
    IMG_7016.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • 083EFI.zip
    44 MB · Views: 4
Back