Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I was afraid you might say that! I'm using Chrome for it. And this website which is blocked if I use Safari. Something to do with Private Relay? Not the end of the world either way.
You may be right about Private Relay interfering with this site in Safari. It does work for me in Sonoma with Safari, but I’ll have to check status of Private Relay.

You may be right about Private Relay interfering with this site in Safari. It does work for me in Sonoma with Safari, but I’ll have to check status of Private Relay.
I just turned private relay off and tried this site again on Safari and still no dice. Looks like Cloudflare is blocking it when I use Safari but it works on Chrome and FireFox... Strange.

Hi all, I just upgraded my GPU to an RX 580 - was previously spoofing an RX550, and I'm trying to get DRM working.

I read somewhere that unfairgva=4 doesn't work with iMac 19,1 which is my current SMBIOS.

Whats the reccomended SMBIOS to use at the moment for a z390 + i5-9600K + RX580?
I use MacPro7,1. Will sort out DRM and you won't need the unfairgva=4.

Last edited:
I use MacPro7,1. Will sort out DRM and you won't need the unfairgva=4.
Correct -- with product name MacPro7,1 we do not need unfairgva and Netflix will work in Safari.

Because you have 0.6.2, simply download the 0.9.2 pre-built EFI folder from here and follow the instructions in that post. Then copy that EFI folder to the EFI partition of the Test Clone and boot the Test Clone (pressing F12 at BIOS splash screen to select the Test Clone).

At the OpenCore boot menu, check that REL 092 appears at the bottom right corner. If macOS boots up, we can then mount this EFI partition and update it with HackinDROM.

Then boot the Test Clone again (with F12) and check if REL 095 or REL 096 appears in the OpenCore boot menu, and also if macOS boots up.
Hi Casey

So after weeks of trying I have still not got it to successfully upgrade to Sonoma and boot correctly.

I used your pre-built EFI as suggested, booted fine on BigSur test disk, upgraded OC to REL 096 sucessfully and booted fine again.

The Sonoma upgrade seemed to work ok, multiple reboots, but I managed to get to the Login screen - however as soon as I enter a password and it logs in the whole system freezes and I have to reboot. I can't get past this.

Can you offer any words of wisdom as this is scrambling my brain now! Thanks.

Hi Casey

So after weeks of trying I have still not got it to successfully upgrade to Sonoma and boot correctly.

I used your pre-built EFI as suggested, booted fine on BigSur test disk, upgraded OC to REL 096 sucessfully and booted fine again.

The Sonoma upgrade seemed to work ok, multiple reboots, but I managed to get to the Login screen - however as soon as I enter a password and it logs in the whole system freezes and I have to reboot. I can't get past this.

Can you offer any words of wisdom as this is scrambling my brain now! Thanks.
There may be some login items or drivers that are not Sonoma compatible.

Have you tried a fresh installation of Sonoma? If so, does it boot and remain stable?

There may be some login items or drivers that are not Sonoma compatible.

Have you tried a fresh installation of Sonoma? If so, does it boot and remain stable?
I had stopped all login items and updated drivers before doing the update to Sonoma.

I have just tried a fresh install to the USB3 Test Disk, using the updated Rel 096 EFI from your link. Install went fine, multiple reboots during the process all ok, then it boots to the Sonoma setup screen, I get as far as scrolling down the list to select the country and the whole system freezes again. It's not liking something as it is freezing on an update as well as fresh install?

I had stopped all login items and updated drivers before doing the update to Sonoma.

I have just tried a fresh install to the USB3 Test Disk, using the updated Rel 096 EFI from your link. Install went fine, multiple reboots during the process all ok, then it boots to the Sonoma setup screen, I get as far as scrolling down the list to select the country and the whole system freezes again. It's not liking something as it is freezing on an update as well as fresh install?
Please post config.plist with serial numbers removed.

Back