Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Anyone having trouble getting Thunderbolt devices to connect? I have a z390, AMD Radeon VII, setup with a Presonus Quantum audio interface. Since upgrading to OC 0.9.6 I have not been able to get Thunderbolt to connect. I was wondering if anyone else has this issue and if there is a fix for it.

Attached is my EFI (PlatformInfo serials hashed).

Thank you!
If you go back to your old EFI (hoping you have a backup), is it fine?

Ive completely removed the 5700xt and rebooted the PSU

Also:

Ive completely removed the 5700xt and rebooted the PSU
Let's try using a completely new set of serial numbers.

Please backup your config.plist and try the attached version that has a complete set of temporary serial numbers. We just want to see whether this makes a difference. Do not make any changes to this file; just copy it to EFI/OC folder.

When I boot my system from this EFI folder, the macOS Big Sur installer starts up without any problem:

IMG_1496 Large.jpeg
IMG_1497 Large.jpeg

Attachments

• config.plist
    34.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Let's try using a completely new set of serial numbers.

Please backup your config.plist and try the attached version that has a complete set of temporary serial numbers. We just want to see whether this makes a difference. Do not make any changes to this file; just copy it to EFI/OC folder.

When I boot my system from this EFI folder, the macOS Big Sur installer starts up without any problem:

View attachment 574908 View attachment 574909

I'm getting the same results, and I'm making sure I'm booting from the USB.
Do you think it could be an issue with my USB? The last time I touched this was 2021 so maybe its not working in tandem with OC96?

I'm getting the same results, and I'm making sure I'm booting from the USB.
Do you think it could be an issue with my USB? The last time I touched this was 2021 so maybe its not working in tandem with OC96?
Yes let's create a new Big Sur install disk. Just see the bottom of this post from before:

@iamjoehan

I just saw that you have Samsung NVMe SSD. So let's turn off NVMeFix.kext as shown:
Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 4.52.57 PM.png

Let's try this first on current boot disk.

Yeah no luck here. yielding same results.

Just so I'm not making a mistake here-
I modified the kext in the config.plist file you sent with the temporary serial.
Plugged it into my computer, started it up, booted from the USB via F12, went into verbose mode (pressing space), clicked on 'Bigsur_Hackintosh' It went to black and rebooted itself. Tried 'Install macOS Bigsur' took me to recovery page but froze.

And usually after I click one of these options I always get this splash page (attached) before it proceeds. I don't know if that means anything.

Attachments

• IMG_9819.JPG
    IMG_9819.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
Yeah no luck here. yielding same results.

Just so I'm not making a mistake here-
I modified the kext in the config.plist file you sent with the temporary serial.
Plugged it into my computer, started it up, booted from the USB via F12, went into verbose mode (pressing space), clicked on 'Bigsur_Hackintosh' It went to black and rebooted itself. Tried 'Install macOS Bigsur' took me to recovery page but froze.

And usually after I click one of these options I always get this splash page (attached) before it proceeds. I don't know if that means anything.
You did that correctly.
  • Which GPU is the monitor connected to?
  • How many monitors are connected?
  • How many NVMe SSDs are installed in the system?
    • Big Sur is on Samsung EVO 970
    • If there are other NVMe SSDs, what are their model names?
Next step would be to create a new Big Sur install disk. If that also fails to remain stable after booting up, we may have to consider replacing the Samsung EVO 970 with a new NVMe SSD such as WD SN5xx or SN7xx. Crucial NVMe SSDs are also good, as are those by Silicon Power and several others. Just avoid Samsung.

Back