Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

For some reason, HackinDROM says that 0.9.2 is "current" when run on the Hackintosh and doesn't have enough room if I try to update over top of the 0.9.2 when run my MBP.

The other challenge is that the Finder is currently crippled on the Hackintosh, making any work very, very, very slow (I assume this is a result of the OC/OS mismatch)
Please refer to the spoiler labeled Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides at the top of Post 1 and click the link shown below:

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 9.57.23 AM.png

@gundogg9999

If you are encountering hot plug issues with your UAD Apollo, let’s take a look at the following:

1. IOReg file from IORegistryExplorer (File -> Save As…)

2. Screenshot of System Information -> Thunderbolt/USB4

3. Copy of the Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT

@gundogg9999

If you are encountering hot plug issues with your UAD Apollo, let’s take a look at the following:

1. IOReg file from IORegistryExplorer (File -> Save As…)

2. Screenshot of System Information -> Thunderbolt/USB4

3. Copy of the Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT

Thanks @CaseySJ for your help. Honestly I have no idea how I got this far. But we are close!! :) All files needed in the zip file attached.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Thanks @CaseySJ for your help. Honestly I have no idea how I got this far. But we are close!! :) All files needed in the zip file attached.
Some observations:
  • GC-Titan Ridge is flashed with firmware 23 although we can flash it with NVM 33
  • Apollo Twin is connected
  • IOReg, SSDT and screenshot of Thunderbolt/USB4 all look correct
If the only issue concerns reliable hot plug, it may be a good idea to try NVM 33. But this means flashing the card with an external CH341a programmer (typically around US$10-15) or a Raspberry Pi.

Some observations:
  • GC-Titan Ridge is flashed with firmware 23 although we can flash it with NVM 33
If the only issue concerns reliable hot plug, it may be a good idea to try NVM 33. But this means flashing the card with an external CH341a programmer (typically around US$10-15) or a Raspberry Pi.

Thank you Casey!! It's strange though because it was working solid (at least I think) until I installed the Fenvi card for wifi/BT instead of using onboard on on my Motherboard. Does this ring any bells to you of what I could check?

Is this still the relevant instructions and guide for flashing?

Thank you Casey!! It's strange though because it was working solid (at least I think) until I installed the Fenvi card for wifi/BT instead of using onboard on on my Motherboard. Does this ring any bells to you of what I could check?
We have had some rare reports of strange problems when a WiFi card is installed in a particular slot. We can try moving the card to another slot or removing it temporary to see whether the hot plug problem disappears.

Yes that is the correct guide. GC-Titan Ridge cards are very easy to flash, unlike motherboards.

Some observations:
I could have sworn that there was a post a couple years ago stating that hot-swap on UAD Thunderbolt interfaces is lost after flashing the Titan Ridge chip, at least with the Z390 Designare.

@CaseySJ

My unit suddenly froze so I did a hard reset from the desktop and now it’s stuck on the apple logo/progress bar page. Is there anything else I could do other than just wait?

Back