Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi -

Hi - sorry I didnt realise you meant not to delete the EFI.

So as you say the FI updated fine but this time it has gone to 0.9.6. Looking at my current Big Sur it is running OC 0.6.2 currently.
When you say we need to start with 0.6.6. on newer, do I need to update my live system?
BIOS is F9i and CFG_Lock is Disabled
Because you have 0.6.2, simply download the 0.9.2 pre-built EFI folder from here and follow the instructions in that post. Then copy that EFI folder to the EFI partition of the Test Clone and boot the Test Clone (pressing F12 at BIOS splash screen to select the Test Clone).

At the OpenCore boot menu, check that REL 092 appears at the bottom right corner. If macOS boots up, we can then mount this EFI partition and update it with HackinDROM.

Then boot the Test Clone again (with F12) and check if REL 095 or REL 096 appears in the OpenCore boot menu, and also if macOS boots up.

There were issues with earlier versions of OpenCore where the version number was stored in NVRAM and returned an incorrect version after updating.

Clear NVRAM to resolve or, in a more targeted manor :

Code:
sudo nvram -d 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version

I've upgraded to Sonoma, switching to onboard Intel's wifi. Everything seems to be working fine, I did a fresh install and still installing applications. I've noticed that Airdrop and Handoff don't work, what could be the problem? Is it Intel's wifi? And if so, is there a solution?
Many thanks.

It is Intel WiFi and there's no solution for now—other than staying with Ventura.

It is Intel WiFi and there's no solution for now—other than staying with Ventura.
Thanks for your reply. Oh well, hopefully someone comes up with a solution. I really miss Airdrop and Universal Clipboard!

Running OC 0.9.3. I updated all KEXTS to latest ones, and upgraded from Big Sur to Ventura. Upgrade went smoothly. I also followed instructions to get the installed CNVi Intel Card working but now I have neither WiFi nor Bluetooth. Also not getting Ethernet. Any tips?

I'm in a serious bind -- my z390 Designare based system installed Sonoma over top of Ventura without me realizing (I didn't think it would apply major version updates without user intervention.)

Now, my Radeon VII isn't recognizing my 4K screen after the OC bootloader (the screen works fine until EFI selection); a 2K screen. I'm attaching my OC 0.9.2 folder in the hopes that someone can help me sort the issue. I'm not sure if trying to restore back to Ventura is worth the effort.

The z390 is running BIOS v9i and was stable.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    49.9 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
All your kext files are dated may 9th, so they're too old to run Sonoma (first beta release in june).
Quickest way to update would probably be HackinDROM, although I prefer to do it manually - ie download and replace

Last edited:
For some reason, HackinDROM says that 0.9.2 is "current" when run on the Hackintosh and doesn't have enough room if I try to update over top of the 0.9.2 when run my MBP.

The other challenge is that the Finder is currently crippled on the Hackintosh, making any work very, very, very slow (I assume this is a result of the OC/OS mismatch)

Back