Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

hi @CaseySJ , I updated my z390 Designare Hackintosh to Sonoma. I applied OCLP and wifi is working fine with fenvi. Airdrop, Apple Watch unlock, copy paste, continuity etc are working. I also want to use sidecar and universal control. If I enable internal graphics on bios, fenvi wifi does not work anymore. And still no sidecar even with cable. Is there a way to enable sidecar and universal control? It would be nice if I could make DRM work too. Thanks in advance.

SMBIOS: iMac 19,1
CPU:9900K
Motherboard:Z390 Designare
GPU: MSI 6900XT
If the OCLP patch does not work when iGPU is enabled, then we can disable iGPU and use “FeatureUnlock.kext” from the acidanthera GitHub repository. Simply Google for this kext.

For DRM, we can use boot argument: unfairgva=4

If the OCLP patch does not work when iGPU is enabled, then we can disable iGPU and use “FeatureUnlock.kext” from the acidanthera GitHub repository. Simply Google for this kext.

For DRM, we can use boot argument: unfairgva=4
Both the answer and the result were very fast. Thank you very much. All problems solved. One small question, the sidecar performance is a bit bad. The image is a bit shaky. Is this the best we can have or is there an extra setting that can be optimized?

Have you enabled DisableIoMapperMapping quirk?

I think it's best use iGPU for Sidecar function if possible.
I tried enabling it after you mentioned it, which at least eliminated the wifi disabling issue, but I didn't see any improvement in sidecar performance. By the way, I also deactivated the feature unlock kext before I tried this. How can I be sure if the iGPU is working as headless? Thank you.

Update:
after removing the unfairgva=4 boot argument, sidecar seems to work fine. Of course this cost me the loss of DRM. Also sidecar works in 16:9 format. Is it possible to run it to fill the ipad screen?

Update2:
Solved the aspect ratio and scaling problem with Better Display App.

Thanks a lot @CaseySJ and @Jasonhacks

Last edited:
When you say the front USB ports aren't working properly, what does that mean? For instance, do those ports appear in IORegistryExplorer under XHC? The names of those ports are in the PDF that accompanies the SSDT.
After spending a lot of time on this I think I got everything figured out (cross fingers). I ended up removing SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-FD-DEFINE-R6-V3.aml and putting back SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7D.aml because the USB port options are almost identical. "And this worked" I now have the USB ports on front of case tied to HS11 and HS12 working. I disabled sleep and just have display and screensaver working which is perfect, since running a Corsair 115i AIO doesn't really allow it to sleep, plus I use it in Windows also (which is fine). Ethernet, WiFi and BT all work. So, I'm all good. The Zoom with the mouse is working now as well, must of been something bad in EFI folder.

Since I'm also running a Commander Pro device I followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/corsair-commanderpro-ups-help-fix.324256/post-2357437 and ended up compiling the CommanderProFix kext (attached) using Xcode with latest Lilu Libs (v1.6.7) for Ventura so it would get rid of the annoying UPS from showing.

Attachments

• CommanderProFix.kext.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
hi @CaseySJ , I updated my z390 Designare Hackintosh to Sonoma. I applied OCLP and wifi is working fine with fenvi. Airdrop, Apple Watch unlock, copy paste, continuity etc are working. I also want to use sidecar and universal control. If I enable internal graphics on bios, fenvi wifi does not work anymore. And still no sidecar even with cable. Is there a way to enable sidecar and universal control? It would be nice if I could make DRM work too. Thanks in advance.
Couple of questions about the statements in red:
  • Is AppleVTD enabled in your system? We can check this by running IORegistryExplorer and looking for AppleVTD near the top of the device tree as shown:
    Screenshot 2023-10-29 at 5.10.45 PM.png
  • Are you on Sonoma 14.1 or the latest 14.2 public beta?

Hi,

Looking for a suggestion of budget GPU card, my Sapphire RX580 just died.

suggestion of budget GPU card
Be more specific, as in the amount of dollars etc. that you can spend.
Budget means different things to different people.

Last edited:
Be more specific, as in the amount of dollars etc. that you can spend.
Budget means different things to different people.
Around $300.

Back