Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thank you both @jiffyslot and @CaseySJ

Downloaded F9i from here (page #2914)
Looks like CFG_LOCK is enabled by default. I'm reading Dortania's guide.
If there is an easier way in the Bios itself, please let me know.
Internet is spotty this morning (probably due to outages) so will follow up on this in the afternoon
We can disable CFG_LOCK directly from BIOS Setup -> Boot -> CFG-Lock.

Hi @CaseySJ

A few pages ago I posted about how my Mac wouldn’t wake from sleep sometimes (I have 2x 4K monitors connected via dosplsyport)

I’ve actually realised the issue doesn’t happen when waking from sleep. This use case happens when my mac is sleeping peacefully, however if I get a phone call to my iPhone, this will wake the mac (the mac will wake, I will hear the screens beep as if they are turning on, but no signal will ever be sent to the Mac). The mac will then never go back to sleep, and when I move the mouse or tap the keyboard, the screens will beep but no signal will ever reach the mac.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Wake for Network sleep is set to off in energy saver, Powernap is also marked as off

Last edited:
We can disable CFG_LOCK directly from BIOS Setup -> Boot -> CFG-Lock.

I was on F6g
1. Took a backup of the BIOS to the USB
2 Flashed to F6i. Screen went black, presumably it finished
3. Hard power off & on & back in bios
- cfg lock disabled
- internal wifi disabled
- XMP set back to 1
- gfx set to igfx ( that's the config I am using on my OC EFI)
- secure boot was left at Win8/10. I don't remember tinkering with it
- TB s enabled (first item, all rest are disabled)
- USB legacy & XHCI handoff enabled
- set boot #1 to WD770
4. Reboot and......... it's booting endlessly & powering off & on & off & on...

5. Finally get back into the BIOS & its now all RED & F6 from 2019
6. Try to refresh back to F9g which was saved on USB & file is corrupt (geez)
7. Reflash F6i from USB which was downloaded from here & reboot & black screen
8. Back into bios & cfg lock disable again & set gfx to igfx & reboot & black screen

What is odd is I have AMD 580 DisplayPort out to internal db in & USB out to monitor
& I used to never be able to get into the BIOS before on F9g, so maybe they fixed something in F9i
& messed something up

Now I could use some help with next steps, as I am stuck.

EDIT
See next post below.
I'm leaving my bios upgrades steps here in case anyone else runs into this issue during a bios update

Last edited:
...and back.....
Went back into BIOS & verified it was F6i
Double checked all settings & disabled secure boot in bios & removed RX 580 DP into z390 for now so it will just use the igfx & booted back into clone HDD which was on 12.6.3

Rebooted back & picked the other "Macintosh HD" & here we are back in 12.7.

Pulled the USB & stuck that into old 2015 MacBook Pro & fired up VIM & checked config to make sure everything looked OK.
I still don't know what the heck happened to my backup BIOS.

How do I set the correct HDD as the default at the OC picker ?
I get like 3 EFI (including my old Clover) & 2 different Machintosh HD (which I really should rename)

Fixed

Had to reboot a few times. HideAux was true in config.plist so I'm not sure what was causing the issue
The default SSD/NVMe was set correctly as well as well as the timeout.

Shutdown & attached the RX 580 DP out back to motherboard in.
Started up. No BIOS screen (which is fine) & wait for 15 secs & it had cleanly booted back into Monterey.

Last edited:
On the boot menu screen, hold CTRL and hit Enter on the desired HDD.
Went through my notes & found it. Thanks for posting it as well

On my reboot, it correctly picked up the right ssd & booted into it after 5 secs, so I am not sure what the heck was going on earlier with the extra items (which now do not show up) & the really odd bios behavior earlier.

Which boot-arg should I use for the RX-6600? I had been using unfairgva=4 for the RX-580. Build profile is the MP7,1 and Sonoma. Please and thank-you!

Last edited:
Ever since upgrading to Sonoma (from Ventura), my system has been waking up every hour. The wake reason appears as "RTC (Alarm)" in my system logs.

2023-10-13 20:23:43.632496-0500 0x79 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
2023-10-13 20:23:43.632556-0500 0x79 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
2023-10-13 21:16:01.761367-0500 0x79 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
2023-10-13 21:16:01.761368-0500 0x79 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
2023-10-13 22:18:01.110070-0500 0x79 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
2023-10-13 22:18:01.110071-0500 0x79 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
2023-10-13 23:18:07.767914-0500 0x79 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
2023-10-13 23:18:07.767915-0500 0x79 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
2023-10-14 00:20:07.371111-0500 0x79 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
2023-10-14 00:20:07.371112-0500 0x79 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

My power management settings didn't appear to change with the upgrade:

System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
standby 1
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp 0
autorestart 0
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
proximitywake 0
powernap 0
gpuswitch 2
networkoversleep 0
disksleep 10
standbydelayhigh 864000
sleep 10 (sleep prevented by mds_stores, backupd, mdsync)
hibernatemode 0
ttyskeepawake 0
displaysleep 10
tcpkeepalive 0
highstandbythreshold 50
standbydelaylow 864000

The only major changes I made was upgrading OpenCore, and switching to use Intel wi-fi (and keeping Broadcom/Fenvi bluetooth).

I read that these RTC alarms can happen with a laptop SMBIOS, but my SMBIOS is iMac19,1.

Any ideas of what to look at are appreciated!

Ever since upgrading to Sonoma (from Ventura), my system has been waking up every hour. The wake reason appears as "RTC (Alarm)" in my system logs.

My power management settings didn't appear to change with the upgrade:

The only major changes I made was upgrading OpenCore, and switching to use Intel wi-fi (and keeping Broadcom/Fenvi bluetooth).

I read that these RTC alarms can happen with a laptop SMBIOS, but my SMBIOS is iMac19,1.

Any ideas of what to look at are appreciated!
Try this patch included in OpenCore's sample.plist. Make sure Enabled -> Yes

1.png

Hello everyone, my both hackintoshes (designare) are running Ventura 13.5.1. As I'm reading I see that with Fenvi T919 wifi isn't working but BT does. So the only option is to enable wifi with the integrated wifi/BT card that came with Designare? Do I have to follow a guide to do that or it's already enabled from the latest config.plist when I update my EFI from HackinDROM? Any other potential know issues with Sonoma? I'm really thinking to upgrade but I'm not so sure yet...

Back