Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks, CaseySJ for this venerable thread.

Quick question, regarding Ventura 13.5 on my F9 Designare: have you encountered any trouble with WOL (Wake-On-Lan) after the machine sleeps?

In my case, the ethernet port LEDs are silent during sleep, and fail to wake after sending a WOL magic packet. Up until recently, this had not been a problem (running the IntelMausi driver).

Even applies to a PCIe network card I just bought, hoping to fix the WOL issue: that too goes to deep, inactive sleep, with all LEDs off.

Thanks to all contributing!

Xen
Hello Xen,

As I recall, the following changes are needed to enable WOL:
  • BIOS -> Enable WOL
  • Settings -> Energy Saver -> Wake for network access -> Checked on
  • Intel Mausi 1.0.7 kext -> Add boot argument -mausiwol
Are all of these already configured? Would be good to double check them.

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 1.32.22 PM.png

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I had done all that (via the DeviceProperties method recommended by AcidAnthera for IntelMausi, as well as the -mausiwol boot flag).

In any case, I realized that under F9 BIOS, in order to enable WOL one has to:

- enable "Wake on LAN" in the main page (I think it's "IO" or "Miscellaneous", then
- go into each en adapter (211 and 219) and...
- click on the settings that appear up top: there's a nested menu for enabling WOL for each adapter!

Duh! I had missed that!

I have tried to reinstall macos once more on my Z390 designare/9900k/RX480. Reinstalled BIOS F9i, wiped all settings, the works. Using adapted OC 0.9.2 EFI from this thread.
Still stops in the install macos process. Verbose mode is inconclusive, install ends in black screen.

I wonder if there's a crucial BIOS setting I am missing. I followed the BIOS settings pictures in this thread, but these are not complete and it's not completely clear what I should do with vt-d and CSM support. CFG lock is off, NVRAM reset, first boot with optimised settings. Shouldn't that be enough?

Can someone using clover 0.9.x, Monterey and a Z390 designare publish his BIOS settings in all their detail? Not using WIFI or BT at the moment(broadcom PCIe card is in my other hack), no ethernet connection either.

Weird that this setup worked great for 3 years, but now stubbornly refuses to even install Monterey.

Windows 10(unplugged while installing MacOS) works fine...

I wonder if there's a crucial BIOS setting I am missing. I followed the BIOS settings pictures in this thread, but these are not complete and it's not completely clear what I should do with vt-d and CSM support. CFG lock is off, NVRAM reset, first boot with optimised settings. Shouldn't that be enough?

Regarding BIOS parameters:
  • VT-d -> Enabled
  • CSM Support -> Disabled

He intentado reinstalar macos una vez más en mi Z390 designare/9900k/RX480. BIOS F9i reinstalado, borró todas las configuraciones, todo funciona. Usando OC 0.9.2 EFI adaptado de este hilo.
Todavía se detiene en el proceso de instalación de macos. El modo detallado no es concluyente, la instalación finaliza en una pantalla negra.

Me pregunto si hay una configuración de BIOS crucial que me falta. Seguí las imágenes de configuración del BIOS en este hilo, pero no están completas y no está completamente claro qué debo hacer con la compatibilidad con vt-d y CSM. El bloqueo de CFG está desactivado, reinicio de NVRAM, primer arranque con configuraciones optimizadas. ¿No debería ser suficiente?

¿Puede alguien que use Clover 0.9.x, Monterey y un diseño Z390 publicar la configuración de su BIOS con todos sus detalles? No estoy usando WIFI o BT en este momento (la tarjeta Broadcom PCIe está en mi otro truco), tampoco hay conexión Ethernet.

Es extraño que esta configuración haya funcionado muy bien durante 3 años, pero ahora se niega obstinadamente incluso a instalar Monterey.

Windows 10 (desenchufado durante la instalación de MacOS) funciona bien...
hello,try to put usb stick in other usb port or try to intall os in other usb stick…

I tried a thumb drive and a SSD for the install, with Monterey and Catalina installers. Both will not work/end at the same place with a black screen.
Black screen = incompatibility with GPU. Try to instal with built in GPU.

Back