Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello guys, can anyone give me a hand with this. My system reboot after this last message.

Ps: Last thing i did was run OCLP to patch Nvidia Kepler for a GT710

PSS: It was running fine, i updated OCLP to latest and re-run the patch.

Attachments

• IMG_9300.jpeg
    IMG_9300.jpeg
    882.9 KB · Views: 17
Hello guys, can anyone give me a hand with this. My system reboot after this last message.

Ps: Last thing i did was run OCLP to patch Nvidia Kepler for a GT710

PSS: It was running fine, i updated OCLP to latest and re-run the patch.
May have been the best to revert the root patches first with the OCLP version you applied the patch with then apply the root patch again with the new version. I am assuming you have multiple snapshots created. This may be a long shot but you can try booting after tagging one of the previous snapshots. But sure and easier way would be to just reinstall OS in Recovery to reset the system volume. After that apply the patch.

May have been the best to revert the root patches first with the OCLP version you applied the patch with then apply the root patch again with the new version. I am assuming you have multiple snapshots created. This may be a long shot but you can try booting after tagging one of the previous snapshots. But sure and easier way would be to just reinstall OS in Recovery to reset the system volume. After that apply the patch.
How can I tag a previous snapshot? Is there a way to find that root patch and delete it? I can browse that volume with my other OS.

Maybe

1. Try the Ventura installation with one memory stick at a time?
2. Try with iGPU only?
3. Flash with different BIOS version?

I tried item 2. But I only get a black screen. Of course Im using the iGPU efi from Casey in combination with -v bootarg and the correct bios settings (iGPU slot and enabled).

I've tried HDMI and DP, but both cause a blac kscreen during the installation (I can enter BIOS etc., so it does work up untill the EFI bootscreen, but after that it goes back into the Ventura installation but leads to a black screen).

So, I finally upgraded to Ventura but I'm running into an issue with the Smalltree drivers. If I check "DiableIoMappingMapper" then the Smalltree drivers work but I lose audio over HDMI to the Tv.

If I uncheck HDMI over audio works but no Wifi or 211 Wired port.

Any Ideas?

I do have a 10Gbe Nic so I'm not dead but it's kind of concerning.

So, I finally upgraded to Ventura but I'm running into an issue with the Smalltree drivers. If I check "DiableIoMappingMapper" then the Smalltree drivers work but I lose audio over HDMI to the Tv.

If I uncheck HDMI over audio works but no Wifi or 211 Wired port.

Any Ideas?

I do have a 10Gbe Nic so I'm not dead but it's kind of concerning.
We don’t use the SmalltreeIntel drivers any longer. Ventura has native support for Intel i219 and i211.

I tried item 2. But I only get a black screen. Of course Im using the iGPU efi from Casey in combination with -v bootarg and the correct bios settings (iGPU slot and enabled).

I've tried HDMI and DP, but both cause a blac kscreen during the installation (I can enter BIOS etc., so it does work up untill the EFI bootscreen, but after that it goes back into the Ventura installation but leads to a black screen).

Something seems off with your install, like OC dismisses your settings. Have you counterchecked? You got iOReg? Tried the Thunderbolt ports?

I ain't home right now, but if you want I can shoot you some SSDTs, once I'm back (if I don't forget :D). Those freezes could have to do something with USB not configured right, seen it happen.

@CaseySJ I ain't no expert but is the DP on the Designare not a DP-In? As in routing the DP signal from DGPU to the Thunderbolt port? If so then the DP port is the wrong place to connect a monitor is all I'm saying :D
What say you to my theory, good sir?

@CaseySJ I ain't no expert but is the DP on the Designare not a DP-In? As in routing the DP signal from DGPU to the Thunderbolt port? If so then the DP port is the wrong place to connect a monitor is all I'm saying :D
What say you to my theory, good sir?

You are right that the full-size DisplayPort connector is DP-In only, but the two Thunderbolt USB-C ports support DisplayPort out. This means we need to use a USB-C to DisplayPort cable and plug the USB-C connector to either of the two Thunderbolt ports. This will only work if we use config-Intel-iGPU.plist as our starting point.

@CaseySJ on my z390 Designare so far everything works, so far, but my Thunderbolt input wont recognize USB-C external inputs, for example, external hard drives, usb-c cable, usb-c flash drive. Is that something that i should look out for or are they disable or anything. Please help or anyone here that knows about this particular issue. Thanks in advance.

Back