Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi Casey.

Thanks, but what about the rest of the steps? E.G where do I get the EFI for the Z390 from, as those steps mentioned in the above link are for the Asus Z690?

Thanks
I've just added a link for OpenCore 0.9.1 EFI in Section 1 of the spoiler Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides at the top of Post 1.

Hey, is there a guide for this build to upgrade to Big Sur? I tried using the generic guide and failed miserably. (At this point I'd be happy just getting back into catalina, which will be tonight's project since my bootable backup decided to no longer be bootable.)
If you're on any recent release of OpenCore, simply create a Big Sur USB install disk by following STEPS 1 and 2 described in this post (but change the references to Big Sur). Then boot the USB install disk and install Big Sur on top of Catalina.

Be sure to make a full bootable backup of Catalina ahead of time.

If you're on any recent release of OpenCore, simply create a Big Sur USB install disk by following STEPS 1 and 2 described in this post (but change the references to Big Sur). Then boot the USB install disk and install Big Sur on top of Catalina.

Be sure to make a full bootable backup of Catalina ahead of time.
I was able to get my backup of Catalina to boot. So yay for that. I made the installer USB drive but the issue I'm having (maybe) is on how to actually install OpenCore. I got the OpenCore zip file, unpacked it and put the files in a “BOOT” folder in the EFI partition. Not sure what I need to do from there. Can I use the kexts and plist from my Catalina setup?

Hi CaseySJ,
I just fixed my wifi issue and it works just like before.. so happy! The solution I found was so easy! I had to go to system settings -> Network, right click on wifi and "delete service". Then at the bottom right I clicked on the three horizontal dots and chose "add service", then wifi and voila it works! I did a few restarts, tried airdrop, everything works again!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 6.08.43 PM 1.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 6.08.43 PM 1.png
    341.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 6.09.20 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 6.09.20 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
Hi CaseySJ,
I just fixed my wifi issue and it works just like before.. so happy! The solution I found was so easy! I had to go to system settings -> Network, right click on wifi and "delete service". Then at the bottom right I clicked on the three horizontal dots and chose "add service", then wifi and voila it works! I did a few restarts, tried airdrop, everything works again!!
Glad to hear it! Typically we ask people to do this in Terminal:
Bash:
cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
sudo rm NetworkInterfaces.plist
After rebooting, the system will automatically rebuild all network interfaces.

Hi Casey, I'm still not able to get the Broadcom card to work, WiFi switch is grayed out and not present into the Network tab (Settings), bluetooth also sees no devices (the icon works but can't be disabled)

Ethernet Port 1 is also not working.

Probably some settings in the config.plist?

Ventura 13.3.1

VTD is enabled in BIOS

*Edit I tried all of the above troubleshooting up to page 3740

This is my Card

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 02.56.21.jpeg
Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 02.56.37.jpg
Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 02.57.03.jpg

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 03.08.29.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist
    32.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Hi Casey, I'm still not able to get the Broadcom card to work, WiFi switch is grayed out and not present into the Network tab (Settings), bluetooth also sees no devices (the icon works but can't be disabled)

Ethernet Port 1 is also not working.

Probably some settings in the config.plist?

Ventura 13.3.1

VTD is enabled in BIOS

*Edit I tried all of the above troubleshooting up to page 3740

This is my Card

View attachment 565989View attachment 565990View attachment 565991
View attachment 565992
Hello @xanderevo

Because you’re on Ventura 13.3.x, have you seen the DisableIoMapperMapping quirk?

We need the pre-release version of 0.9.2 OpenCore.efi

Hello @xanderevo

Because you’re on Ventura 13.3.x, have you seen the DisableIoMapperMapping quirk?

We need the pre-release version of 0.9.2 OpenCore.efi

Thanks, I was able to get the ethernet port to work with this, however the wifi/bluetooth card is still not working,

maybe you can point me into the right direction.

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 14.14.21.jpg

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 14.15.20.jpg

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 14.16.06.jpg

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 14.41.30.jpg

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 14.43.03.jpg

Last edited:
@xanderevo,

Your config.plist looks fine. Have you already tried this?
Bash:

@xanderevo,

Your config.plist looks fine. Have you already tried this?
Bash:
Yes unfortunately it didn't work.

Bluetooth is working but I cannot disable/activate it or scan for devices, while document exchange works, which is also strange.

This is on Mojave Disk with Clover:
Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 16.58.26.jpg

Same behaviour, I think I had a custom SSDT that worked long time ago or a kext into library that I removed when upgrading to OpenCore

Last edited:
Back