Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I have an eGPU connected, and I cant seem to get this driver to turn on. What am I doing wrong here? @CaseySJ

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-06 at 2.35.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-06 at 2.35.15 PM.png
    92 KB · Views: 19
The i211 is driven by the built-in DriverKit-AppleEthernet1000 dext (driver-kit extension). It works reliably in macOS 13.3 with and without the kernel patch. This is what it needs:
  • Remove all Device Properties associated with the i211
View attachment 565522
  • Do not use the SmallTreeIntel driver
View attachment 565523
  • Do not use boot argument e1000=0
  • Fully enable AppleVTD
Did those things. Still boot loops if I connect to i211. WiFi and i219 work. I must have done something more deeply wrong. I guess I will have to sit this one out. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
How do I go about that?
Some eGPUs may work if we enable CSM Support in BIOS, then connect and power up the eGPU before booting macOS. The Razer eGPU, I believe, may work in this manner.

In general, though, eGPUs need a flashed Thunderbolt controller. Flashing the controller is described in Section 8 of the Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides spoiler at the top of Post 1. The procedure is a bit complicated and may damage the motherboard if not done very gently and with excellent near-sighted vision.

Some eGPUs may work if we enable CSM Support in BIOS, then connect and power up the eGPU before booting macOS. The Razer eGPU, I believe, may work in this manner.

In general, though, eGPUs need a flashed Thunderbolt controller. Flashing the controller is described in Section 8 of the Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides spoiler at the top of Post 1. The procedure is a bit complicated and may damage the motherboard if not done very gently and with excellent near-sighted vision.
Is this all that needs to flip? Not having any luck with the Razer Core.

Attachments

• IMG_4758.JPG
    IMG_4758.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
Hi @CaseySJ,

Wonder any posts or guides about backup Ventura system? I tried your post #8,784 and didn’t work. I do see backup usb appears at OC Boot picker, but it doesn’t do anything after click. Thanks!

Hi @CaseySJ,

Wonder any posts or guides about backup Ventura system? I tried your post #8,784 and didn’t work. I do see backup usb appears at OC Boot picker, but it doesn’t do anything after click. Thanks!
Please refer to this post, STEP11:
This is the latest backup procedure.

Hey @CaseySJ - really dumb question, but which post do I refer to on how to do a fresh Ventura install for this Z390 motherboard? I'm a bit confused as I can't seem to locate it. I've got a new SSD so want to install everything as new.

Thanks!

Back