Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Well strangely enough that did not work. I replaced my entire EFI folder with my backed up 0.8.8 one and still the same issue although the issue never occurred prior to me updating to 0.9.0. This is an odd one.
Cut the power completely by unplugging the computer. Then, reset the NVRAM maybe? You could also try to reflash the BIOS, hoping you have a backup of the settings on an USB stick.

Cut the power completely by unplugging the computer. Then, reset the NVRAM maybe? You could also try to reflash the BIOS, hoping you have a backup of the settings on an USB stick.
I have tried cutting the power completely and have also reset NVRAM several times. I’ll have a look at my BIOS settings tonight however I’m just concerned that I won’t recall all the settings I had in place for my Duel Boot (MacOS & Wingdows) I might save the settings as they are (hopefully they are as they were prior to me updating to OC 0.9.0) and then reset the BIOS and see if this helps.

I have tried cutting the power completely and have also reset NVRAM several times. I’ll have a look at my BIOS settings tonight however I’m just concerned that I won’t recall all the settings I had in place for my Duel Boot (MacOS & Wingdows) I might save the settings as they are (hopefully they are as they were prior to me updating to OC 0.9.0) and then reset the BIOS and see if this helps.
Wishing you the best!

Hi @CaseySJ Long Time no Issues haha. I've just updated from OC 0.8.8 to 0.9.0, and, now when booting, my screen goes blank with no input for about 10 seconds then turns back on to the Login Screen. All goes well until the Apple logo with the progress bar. It's as if the screen stops receiving any input for a short period of time. This has never happened before, this could either be as a result of the WhateverGreen update or the OC update. Any ideas what's causing this?
BTW, my three hacks makes this. Not 10 seconds but there is a gap between the first stage of the progress bar and the second one before login screen. I sometimes don’t even have the second progress bar… Maybe you never noticed. You could try to rebuild the kext cache (easy on Mojave but a pain above…). It could be subtle as your boot time increased for whatever reason…

You didn’t swapped to another port by any chance on you dGPU?

Hey guys, having an issue with my Hack.

Suddenly lost USB peripherals when using so had to hold the power button to shut down, now the unit will not power up at all. This has happened before with no issue restarting.

The Designare logo lights up, but no action at all when pressing the power button.

I have tried detaching all peripherals, a CMOS reset, a new CMOS battery, checking all connections, reseating RAM etc

Still not powering up. Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Some immediate suggestions:
  • Firmly press down on all power cables connected to the motherboard
  • Firmly press all power cables at the PSU
  • Firmly press down on all DIMMs to make sure they're seated properly
  • Firmly press down on all PCIe cards
  • Check that CPU is still installed properly and the cooler is also secured
  • Check that the front panel header is properly connected to motherboard
    • This header contains pins for (a) power button, (b) reset button, (c) HDD light, etc.

Thank you guys, tracked it down to the power supply failing. Installed a new one and back up and running!

BTW, my three hacks makes this. Not 10 seconds but there is a gap between the first stage of the progress bar and the second one before login screen. I sometimes don’t even have the second progress bar… Maybe you never noticed. You could try to rebuild the kext cache (easy on Mojave but a pain above…). It could be subtle as your boot time increased for whatever reason…

You didn’t swapped to another port by any chance on you dGPU?
It's actually longer than 10 seconds, I would say closer to 40 seconds now. I've never noticed a second stage of the progress bar, I have only ever had the Apple logo then the apple logo with progress bar which gets to about half way then instantly loads the login screen. Now its Apple logo then apple logo with progress bar, gets to about 50% then screen goes black and stays this way for almost 40 seconds with the screen switching off. Once I log into Ventura I get all these system notifications the pop up regarding "Background Items Added" see screenshot attached. I have now reset my BIOS and have reloaded the previously working settings and still the same issue. I have never moved the dGPU so that shouldn't be the cause. I'm now at a loss to what has caused this considering the ONLY this I did was to Update OC from 0.8.8 to OC 0.9.0 using HackinDROM. I have compared all of my Config.plist settings with the last known working settings and they all look the same. I have also copied back across the backed up OC 0.8.8 EFI folder and booted using that and the issue still exists even though prior to updating I didn't have any issues like im experiencing now. Im truly at a loss here

It's actually longer than 10 seconds, I would say closer to 40 seconds now. Ive never noticed a second stage of the progress bar, I have only ever had the Apple logo then the apple logo with progress bar which gets to about half way then instantly loads the login screen. Now its Apple logo then apple logo with progress bar, gets to about 50% then screen goes black and stays this way for almost 40 seconds with the screen switching off. Once I log into Ventura I get all these system notifications the pop up regarding "Background Items Added" see screenshot attached. I have now reset my BIOS and have reloaded the previously working settings and still the same issue. I have never moved the dGPU so that shouldn't be the cause. I'm now at a loss to what has caused this considering the ONLY this I did was to Update OC from 0.8.8 to OC 0.9.0 using HackinDROM. I have compared all of my Config.plist settings with the last known working settings and they all look the same. I have also copied back across the backed up OC 0.8.8 EFI folder and booted using that and the issue still exists even though prior to updating I didn't have any issues like im experiencing now. Im truly at a loss here
Well, quite strange indeed. 40 seconds is a lot. You tried in verbose mode to look where it hangs?

You don’t have a Samsung NVME by any chance? TRIM is known to be broken starting at Monterey with Samsung NVMe’s.

Well, quite strange indeed. 40 seconds is a lot. You tried in verbose mode to look where it hangs?

You don’t have a Samsung NVME by any chance? TRIM is known to be broken starting at Monterey with Samsung NVMe’s.
I haven’t looked at Verbose mode yet, I’ll have a look at that tonight. Yes so do have a Samsung NVMe however I have TRIM turned off.

I haven’t looked at Verbose mode yet, I’ll have a look at that tonight. Yes so do have a Samsung NVMe however I have TRIM turned off.
Ok, so TRIM bug is out of the equation. You could try to clone (CCC, Super Duper) to another spare drive and see how it behaves?

Back