Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

It's been a while since I added this bluetooth controller. I don't remember the steps at the time but I haven't done anything special since then - I've just followed the instructions from various parts of this thread which has made upgrades remarkably easy.

I'm sure there are unnecessary kexts here but I have messed with the EFI folder as little as possible. I'm a big fan of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Thanks for your help, screenshot of OpenCore->Kernel attached below
I'm not sure if the following will work, but it's worth a try:
  • Enable BlueToolFixup.kext
  • Enable BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  • Enable BrcmPatchRAM3.kext

I'm not sure if the following will work, but it's worth a try:
  • Enable BlueToolFixup.kext
  • Enable BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  • Enable BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
Success! Thanks for your help

System Information: Hardware/Bluetooth now shows

Bluetooth Controller:
Address: 5C:F3:70:61:BD:EB
State: On
Chipset: THIRD_PARTY_DONGLE
Discoverable: Off
Firmware Version: v8718 c5860
Product ID: 0x0001
Supported services: 0x382039 < HFP AVRCP A2DP HID Braille AACP GATT Serial >
Transport: USB
Vendor ID: 0x004C (Apple)

Connected:
admin’s Trackpad:
Address: 70:CD:60:FA:B3:73
Vendor ID: 0x05AC
Product ID: 0x030E
Firmware Version: 1.6.0
Minor Type: AppleTrackpad
Services: 0x800020 < HID ACL >

Quick question. I can't find the OpenCore Picker option to default to "LAST USED". This is helpful for Windows updates. I don't have to keep waiting for OpenCore and picking Windows from the list. My default is currently my macOS entry. I tried Google to no avail. When doing updates, it is very handy to let each side continue to boot till completed. macOS does it automatically. But this option would solve it for me, and I thought I read it was possible somewhere just not sure where. Looking in OpenCore Configurator, and I don't see it.

Last edited:
Quick question. I can't find the OpenCore Picker option to default to "LAST USED". This is helpful for Windows updates. I don't have to keep waiting for OpenCore and picking Windows from the list. My default is currently my macOS entry. I tried Google to no avail. When doing updates, it is very handy to let each side continue to boot till completed. macOS does it automatically. But this option would solve it for me, and I thought I read it was possible somewhere just not sure where. Looking in OpenCore Configurator, and I don't see it.
OpenCore does not have a Last Used or Last Booted option. This might be something they could add in the future.

OpenCore does not have a Last Used or Last Booted option. This might be something they could add in the future.
Ah thanks seems like a good option on multi boot machines

Hello @mark01975

I’ll fix the broken links soon and let you know. Currently on vacation so it may take a handful of hours. Meanwhile, please note that the post you quoted says:

Please do not quote this post in its entirety.

You can click the “edit” option under that post and remove all but the top line of the quoted post.

Your previous post was removed because your serial numbers were exposed.

Hello @CaseySJ
I finally got some time to work on my Hackintosh and need some help/guidance.
I cloned my primary to a new SSD using SuperDuper and successfully booted (and writing this message right now) on it. Now I got a couple of questions:
- My primary is an NVMe and using APFS while the clone is a SATA and in MAC OS extended (HFS I believe), is that an issue? I just did the clone with SuperDuper, nothing else.

- Madmax559 wrote the following:
Clover -> OpenCore (Optional, if you are on Clover)
  1. Remove L/E or just rename that directory & touch L/E
  2. Remove or move rc scripts for Clover or add exit after 1st line for bash so the script will have no effect
  3. Boot from USB stick with OpenCore
  4. Pick EVO 970 & let it start up Mojave & make sure everything works under OC
  5. Mount primary EFI & move EFI folder to EFI.clover.
  6. Drag over EFI folder from USB to EFI partition on primary 970
  7. Remove stick & reboot back into your OS via Clover
There are many things that I don't understand here (What is L/E? Where is it? What are RC scripts? Do I need to prepare a USB stick with OpenCore on it and how can I do it? etc...), do you have somewhere a guide I could follow, step-by-step? I found on the official OpenCore GitHub that documentation: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Install-Guide/tree/master/clover-conversion
do I need to do all of it? Or do you have a "better" guide that will suit better my case?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! I'm willing to learn but I'm still an absolute beginner when it comes to Hackintosh

@Mochimino

If you open the spoiler at the top of post 1 labeled Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides you will find a number of links in Section 1 of that spoiler. One of them says Replace Clover with OpenCore. That contains detailed instructions.

One thing you haven’t mentioned, however, is what you’re planning to do. For example, are you upgrading from Mojave to Ventura? An in-place upgrade of that kind may be problematic because so much has changed since Mojave.

Hello @mark01975

I’ll fix the broken links soon and let you know. Currently on vacation so it may take a handful of hours. Meanwhile, please note that the post you quoted says:

Please do not quote this post in its entirety.

You can click the “edit” option under that post and remove all but the top line of the quoted post.

Your previous post was removed because your serial numbers were exposed.
@mark01975

The links have been fixed. The most complete set of Thunderbolt flashing links are in Section 8 of the spoiler at the top of Post 1 labeled Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides.

@Mochimino

If you open the spoiler at the top of post 1 labeled Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides you will find a number of links in Section 1 of that spoiler. One of them says Replace Clover with OpenCore. That contains detailed instructions.

One thing you haven’t mentioned, however, is what you’re planning to do. For example, are you upgrading from Mojave to Ventura? An in-place upgrade of that kind may be problematic because so much has changed since Mojave.
Great, thanks a lot! I'll follow the guide and hopefully, that'll work.

Yes, my idea was to upgrade directly to Ventura. Upgrading to Monterey is also possible, but not below. However, I'm open to any suggestion as to the best way to do it :)

Back