Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks for the reply! So for Ventura, should I remove shikigva=80 igfxfw=2? Or can I just add "igfxrpsc=1" to boot-args?

Oops. My bad:banghead:. Of course you already had it as boot flag.

No. you just need one of the two. rps-control or igfxrpsc=1 is for the systems that have issues with igfxfw flag to load Apple's GuC firmware such as z370 chipsets as you may already know. I have tested both flags and they basically have no differences in performance wise and having both of the flag at the same time does not present any problem either.

Oops. My bad:banghead:. Of course you already had it as boot flag.

No. you just need one of the two. rps-control or igfxrpsc=1 is for the systems that have issues with igfxfw flag to load Apple's GuC firmware such as z370 chipsets as you may already know. I have tested both flags and they basically have no differences in performance wise and having both of the flag at the same time does not present any problem either.
Oh, I made the edit and screen grabbed it and posted it in my reply.

Whats strange is that what I believe to be the right _GPE for Thunderbolt does not seem to contain an edge- or level-triggered event handler. As most of the Thunderbolt methods line up, I guess I have the right _GPE set. Can you spot the edge- or level-triggered event handler? Or maybe, it really is not present and might be a problem with BIOS-config or Thunderbolt firmware?
The event handler may be in a SSDT.

The event handler may be in a SSDT.
On newer motherboards the Thunderbolt functionality often appears in a dedicated SSDT instead of DSDT.

On Z370 and Z390 it’s primarily in the DSDT.

@echosat1

Are you using USBWakeFixup kext along with its companion SSDT named SSDT-USBW.aml? If so, please post just the SSDT.

No, both USBWakeFixup and SSDT-USBW.aml are disabled in the OC config, I'm using the one you supplied in this thread with 0.8.6 version and Intel Wifi (although I modified the OC config for Broadcom).

In "Energy Saver", everything except "Put hard-disks to sleep when possible" was unchecked, now I unchecked that as well... maybe that was the culprit so I will report if I ever experience the problem with wake/BIOS settings corrupted/reset.

Do you think that it's possible that CMOS battery is draining, should I replace it? (I never replaced it since I bought the motherboard in 2019)

Last edited:
I just upgraded from macOS 11.7.2 Big Sur to Monterey 12.5.1 via direct update. All went well with my existing OpenCore 0.8.3 setup.

That is, except for my USB Bluetooth adapter, an IOGEAR GBU 521.

My searches have not turned up a way to get this tiny adapter to work. I only use Bluetooth for my old silver Magic TrackPad but... I miss it.

What are my best options to get Bluetooth working again? Are there any besides buying the Fenvi FV-HB1200 card (which looks like overkill for my Bluetooth-only needs, even if they are only $15 on eBay)?

Last edited:
I just upgraded from macOS 11.7.2 Big Sur to Monterey 12.5.1 via direct update. All went well with my existing OpenCore 0.8.3 setup.

That is, except for my USB Bluetooth adapter, an IOGEAR GBU 521.

My searches have not turned up a way to get this tiny adapter to work. I only use Bluetooth for my old silver Magic TrackPad but... I miss it.

What are my best options to get Bluetooth working again? Are there any besides buying the Fenvi FV-HB1200 card (which looks like overkill for my Bluetooth-only needs, even if they are only $15 on eBay)?
Are you using some of the kexts in AirportBrcmFixup? Please post screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel so we can see the kernel extensions in use.

Are you using some of the kexts in AirportBrcmFixup? Please post screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel so we can see the kernel extensions in use.
It's been a while since I added this bluetooth controller. I don't remember the steps at the time but I haven't done anything special since then - I've just followed the instructions from various parts of this thread which has made upgrades remarkably easy.

I'm sure there are unnecessary kexts here but I have messed with the EFI folder as little as possible. I'm a big fan of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Thanks for your help, screenshot of OpenCore->Kernel attached below

Attachments

• Kernel pic for CaseySJ.png
    Kernel pic for CaseySJ.png
    249.5 KB · Views: 23
Back